Unpopular opinions.

10 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Weather 'chat' in this country.

Oh, fucking tee hee, we only get two weeks of summer! Fucking LOL!

Rain is awful! I feel like a prisoner in my own house! Hahaha!

Four seasons in one day! Chuckle!!!

I think you are looking for the PTTGOYN thread.

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

Whilst we're talking unfunny pish, add in Only Fools and Horses. Awful gammony garbage.

Disagree, Only Fools and Horses is one of the best.

4 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

As far as I can recall, I have never met anyone else who has never watched an episode of The Office, (US or UK), Gavin and Stacey or Friends.

Any P&Bers able to join me?

I have never watched a minute of Gavin and Stacey or the US office.

8 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

As far as I can recall, I have never met anyone else who has never watched an episode of The Office, (US or UK), Gavin and Stacey or Friends.

Any P&Bers able to join me?

Never seen an episode of Gavin and Stacey or US office. Seen all of the UK office a few times. Saw all of friends apart from the last couple of series. 

They all seem quite different from each other. 

I've never watched an episode of the sopranos but that's because i'm a tightwad and it's not been included in any of my subscriptions. 

I've never seen Gavin & Stacey. From the adverts, I have a vague memory of it looking like your bog-standard ITV sitcom. So shite, in other words.

Of course, it might just have been the stench of Corden that put me off. Maybe it's great.

15 hours ago, tamthebam said:

fawltytowers.jpg.ea746b0dae3475881265d084e506dff7.jpg

Brace yourself... 

I've noticed O'Reilly Construction vans going about my area recently, and they always make me think of this episode.

5 hours ago, Soapy FFC said:

I've noticed O'Reilly Construction vans going about my area recently, and they always make me think of this episode.

You mean Orally? 

18 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Weather 'chat' in this country.

Oh, fucking tee hee, we only get two weeks of summer! Fucking LOL!

Rain is awful! I feel like a prisoner in my own house! Hahaha!

Four seasons in one day! Chuckle!!!

There's a woman who works for the firie's and she's a boot. She works on reception but acts like you need the highest level of MI5 security clearance to get on site. I have the codes to every door in the building but she's always got a million questions - anyway, "some weather the day, eh?" makes lines of questioning deteriorate and I'm suddenly not a bomb carrying national security thereat but someone she's known her whole life who she offers a cuppa to.

Every single time.

7 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Whilst we're talking unfunny pish, add in Only Fools and Horses. Awful gammony garbage.

I've never seen Only fools and horses but I would bet all these British comedies from the last century have aged like milk.

No one under the age of about fifty-five can have any real affinity to 80s humour.

6 hours ago, BFTD said:

I've never seen Gavin & Stacey. From the adverts, I have a vague memory of it looking like your bog-standard ITV sitcom. So shite, in other words.

Of course, it might just have been the stench of Corden that put me off. Maybe it's great.

I was at the age where I would only watch something if there was an attractive lady in it.

For obvious reasons Gavin and Stacy and The Royale Family were out, and Hollyoaks and 2 Pints and a Packet of crisps were in.
Shout out to a young Sheridan Smith, Kathryn Drysdale and Natalie Casey.

19 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

I've never seen Only fools and horses but I would bet all these British comedies from the last century have aged like milk.

No one under the age of about fifty-five can have any real affinity to 80s humour.

I'm younger than that and can remember George & Mildred, The Good Life and Robin's Nest.

19 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Blackadder 2, 3 and, especially 4 remain fantastic.

Red Dwarf also good.

16 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Blackadder 2, 3 and, especially 4 remain fantastic.

Red Dwarf also good.

Add Whoops Apocalypse, Staggering stories of Ferdinand de Bargos and Yes, Minister to the list. 

However, the negative list IS quite substantial.

Never the twain, Ain't half hot mum, Are you being served?, Hi De Hi etc.

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, Loonytoons said:

Add Whoops Apocalypse, Staggering stories of Ferdinand de Bargos and Yes, Minister to the list. 

However, the negative list IS quite substantial.

Never the twain, Ain't half hot mum, Are you being served?, Hi De Hi etc.

It's like everything - people only remember the good stuff.

Hipsters like to bang on about how they were born in the wrong time because they just LOVE Seventies/Eighties/Nineties music, completely oblivious to the horrors that were inflicted on young people on a weekly basis during those eras.

34 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

The first series of Allo Allo is fantastic. 

Sook on that, unpopular opinions thread.

I'd assumed that would be a show that would've aged terribly until I ended up watching a couple of episodes with my old man on UKTV Gammon or whatever. It was still surprisingly entertaining.

Edit: can't imagine it lends itself well to bingewatching, though. "Oh, the Fallen Madonna with the Big Boobies again, is it?"  :rolleyes:

Edited by BFTD