Unpopular opinions.

Posted (edited)

That's a merkin, m9.

Edit: also, this is a Wendy's.

Edited by BFTD

The "Tartan Army" are a national embarrassment. 

And the "No Scotland,  No Party" shite just shows just how far up their own erses most of the TA are.

Like nobody enjoyed any major tournament from 2000 to now as their were no pished fckwits with kilts and glengarrys with big fck off feathers, being the best fans in the world whilst pishing in the streets and being everyone's best friend.

The Tartan Army is just the name for the Scotland support in general. I mind Hamish Husband tried to get it trademarked as only those who went to away games through the Travel Club and was booted out of court by the judge who showed multiple instances of the media describing the Scotland support generally as the TA.

Unsure how unpopular this is, but buskers shouldn't be allowed mics or amplifiers of any sort. Sing your songs, but it shouldn't be that loud I can hear it half a mile down the street.

On 28/03/2024 at 16:35, Cosmic Joe said:

Reminds me of the time I rather ill-advisedly attempted to teach a guy with learning disabilities the East Fife Scottish Cup winning team. Not particularly proud of this, although it was years ago.

Anyway, we got as far as the first four.

"Milton, Laird, Tait, Russell...."

"....What comes after Russell?"

"Sprouts"

A good way to distract our teacher in Engineering Science at Kirkland was to mention that team. He would stand to attention saluting while he recited the team, then spend 15 minutes wittering about them.

11 hours ago, RiffRaff said:

And the "No Scotland,  No Party" shite just shows just how far up their own erses most of the TA are.

Like nobody enjoyed any major tournament from 2000 to now as their were no pished fckwits with kilts and glengarrys with big fck off feathers, being the best fans in the world whilst pishing in the streets and being everyone's best friend.

They were called that back in Mexico & Italy, are you a numberwang alias?

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, Big Bobo said:

Calling Scotland fans The Tartan Army and foot soldiers is cringy as f**k. 

I hate the whole comparing sport to war. It's all cringe. Win your battles, battle fever, Axed, Backs to the wall. It's rank. Rangers are the worst example of it in my opinion but it's entwined in football parlance.

Edited by 2426255

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, RiffRaff said:

Superb point, excellently made.

Thank you.

Edited by 2426255

15 hours ago, Cosmic Joe said:

My team: Too scared to say

I just Love football. But ABC.

36 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

They were called that back in Mexico & Italy, are you a numberwang alias?

So what if they were called that in Mexico and Italy, it doesn't change my opinion. What is a numberwang alias?

2 hours ago, velo army said:

Unsure how unpopular this is, but buskers shouldn't be allowed mics or amplifiers of any sort. Sing your songs, but it shouldn't be that loud I can hear it half a mile down the street.

Worse when they strategically place themselves in areas where the sound is amplified even more. Does my head in walking by so I can't imagine how the folk working in buildings near them must feel. If I had to listen to it all day I reckon I'd go full Michael Douglas in Falling Down. 

12 hours ago, RiffRaff said:

You might be interested in my idea. Cologne Death Face 2024. It's on the same day as the walk being organised, but it involves big vehicles starting at the stadium and heading towards town.