Unpopular opinions.

Yeah that’s the place. What did you think of it?

I never actually had anything to eat when I was there and we had no idea it was a vegan place. The Mrs had what she thought was a calamari basket but f**k knows what it actually was, she loved it though and went back a few weeks later with her friend and they both loved it. Neither her or her friend look anything like the skinny types that you would have seen on your visit there though!

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

That photo isn’t from a protest against Greggs, it’s from an EDL march. The police contained them there, nothing to do with veganism.

My friend is vegan and when she was visiting a few months ago we went out to a vegan restaurant in Leith, it was very nice. I had a seitan burger, it was very nice. I couldn’t do it all the time though and every person working in the place was whippet thin.

There is a vegan cafe in Dundee. I went in recently... the place stank like stale farts.

I ordered a cappuccino, completely forgetting that vegans don't drink milk. It was made with coconut milk and actually tasted very nice.

On 03/01/2019 at 23:03, tamthebam said:

Greggs seem to have put all the good bakeries out of business. Certainly in the Edinburgh area (apart from Storries which is too far for me to walk to for a lunchtime pie). Which proves that the public are cnuts with no taste. 

Greggs isn't really a bakery, given it has been nearly 4 years since sold loaves of bread. Independent bakers' competition is with the supermarkets, not Greggs.

1 hour ago, sparky88 said:

Greggs isn't really a bakery, given it has been nearly 4 years since sold loaves of bread. Independent bakers' competition is with the supermarkets, not Greggs.

The ones in Dundee still sell bread.

20 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I genuinely believe that people who exclaim a deep dislike for utterly standard and inoffensive foods like macaroni cheese are doing so purely for attention.

You haven't discovered the sinister side to what is an entirely innocuous dish.

Go to a fair few London restaurants of a particular type and see something like, "Sauteed mushroom and pancetta Mac 'n' Cheese with a parmesan crust and finished with truffle oil" and see that they are charging £8 for a small ramekin of the stuff.

On 05/01/2019 at 13:34, ICTChris said:

There aren’t any Greggs in Inverness AFAIK, apparently someone has started a FB page campaigning for one. What an embarrassment, campaigning for the most bog standard pishy bakery going as if it was something special.

Falkirk is campaigning for a Primark.

I wish I was joking. I'm gonnae move

11 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

Falkirk is campaigning for a Primark.

I wish I was joking. I'm gonnae move

I work at a shop in the town - you hear folk talking about it every day.

What does Primark sell that evokes such positivity?

3 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Been dragged into a couple of them down south. Manchester is 5 floors of total mayhem. London Oxford St. had a queue the length of the entire shop for the changing rooms!

Prefer Matalan tbh :P

6 hours ago, throbber said:

I never actually had anything to eat when I was there and we had no idea it was a vegan place. The Mrs had what she thought was a calamari basket but f**k knows what it actually was, she loved it though and went back a few weeks later with her friend and they both loved it. Neither her or her friend look anything like the skinny types that you would have seen on your visit there though!

Most calamari sold in British restaurants is inverted pig's rectums.

I'm not kidding btw

12 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

3rd world prices for clothes made from 3rd world children's wages. M&S do the same sourcing but charge more, probably for paying adults to slap the children when they fuckup by falling asleep at their sewing machine.