Unpopular opinions.

Scientology is exceptionally ludicrous. It is incredibly obviously a massive load of pish.
It is also no more ludicrous/ridiculous/stupid/contradictory than garbage like Islam, Christianity, Judiasm, Sikhism etc. 
It's as invalid/valid as any other religion.
Is that an unpopular opinion? I can't see too many disagreeing with either point.

2 hours ago, Chicken Wing said:
9 hours ago, DA Baracus said:
Scientology is exceptionally ludicrous. It is incredibly obviously a massive load of pish.
It is also no more ludicrous/ridiculous/stupid/contradictory than garbage like Islam, Christianity, Judiasm, Sikhism etc. 
It's as invalid/valid as any other religion.

What about the Movementarians?

Batman!

Of course the players cheat.
But the act of committing to a five-day event played at a gentle pace, happy in the knowledge that there may be no winner or it may be curtailed by weather, is the mark of the civilised fellow.
In these days of instant gratification and short attention spans it is a rare thing.
Sitting through 90 minutes only for it to be a draw can be soul-destroying, f**k doing that for 5 days.

I really enjoy T20 cricket and even Test cricket highlights but to watch on the tele is a snoozefest. Being there with a pint would be a different story though.

If they did what snooker did and introduced a play clock it would make for a much better sport. Maximum of 3 minutes per over for example (to bowl that is, not taking into account field play). It's the fucking about rubbing the ball and taking days before bowling that makes it so boring.

18 hours ago, Mr. Brightside said:

I very much dislike soup.

Is that not a bit like saying you don't like music?

Surely there is some kind of soup you like? There are different flavours, different textures, hot soup, cold soup etc.

5 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

Surely there is some kind of soup you like? There are different flavours, different textures, hot soup, cold soup etc.

There's a guy at my work who doesn't like "wet food". He doesn't like any soup, although i don't know if he's tried just the powder from a cupasoup by itself. 

11 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

I was in restaurant once with a man who was tasting soup for the first time in his life. He was in his 40s.

Maybe start a totally common things you've never done thread. 

I'll go first:

Had sex with a man (time is running out, boys)

Watched Game of Thrones

Played golf

Been to Aberdeen.

Edit: I should add the last one is also the least likely to happen.

Edited by Academically Deficient
Addition.

2 minutes ago, coprolite said:

There's a guy at my work who doesn't like "wet food". He doesn't like any soup, although i don't know if he's tried just the powder from a cupasoup by itself. 

It's alright if you're in a hurry. Don't try with noodles or pasta n' sauce.

2 minutes ago, Academically Deficient said:

I was in restaurant once with a man who was tasting soup for the first time in his life. He was in his 40s.

Maybe start a totally common things you've never done thread. 

I'll go first:

Had sex with a man (time is running out, boys)

Watched Game of Thrones

Played golf

Been to Aberdeen.

Things you've never done thread for this pish, imo.

7 minutes ago, coprolite said:

I wonder what counts as 'wet'.

For example, where does he draw the line between wet food and greasy food? Indeed, does he do so at all?

I'd like to interview this man.

1 minute ago, coprolite said:

He doesn't like chips. 

I find it unsettling. 

Hold on.

What kind of chips? Fat ones? McDonald's ones? Greasy ones?

I need clarity here. I refuse to believe he dislikes all kinds of chips. Simply refuse.

1 minute ago, JTS98 said:

I wonder what counts as 'wet'.

For example, where does he draw the line between wet food and greasy food? Indeed, does he do so at all?

I'd like to interview this man.

I have a daughter with the same views as this guy. In summary, noodles with a dash of soy sauce = ok

Soup, beans, pasta in sauce etc = not ok.

Weird.

2 minutes ago, Academically Deficient said:

I have a daughter with the same views as this guy. In summary, noodles with a dash of soy sauce = ok

Soup, beans, pasta in sauce etc = not ok.

Weird.

I suppose that raises two clear questions.

1) What horrific childhood event caused this?

2) Where is the line? How much soy sauce is acceptable? I need a precise amount.

Otherwise, I'm going to assume she's at it and attention seeking.

And, yes, there are three questions there. But two of them are the same. Rhetoric, innit.

6 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

Hold on.

What kind of chips? Fat ones? McDonald's ones? Greasy ones?

I need clarity here. I refuse to believe he dislikes all kinds of chips. Simply refuse.

He refused chippy chips when we got a delivery to work. That's all i know, sorry. 

2 minutes ago, coprolite said:

He refused chippy chips when we got a delivery to work. That's all i know, sorry. 

A wrongun.

Or, perhaps he's like one of these people who grows a beard in place of having a personality. Is he really boring? Maybe trying to make 'He doesn't like chips, you know' his thing.

4 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

I suppose that raises two clear questions.

1) What horrific childhood event caused this?

2) Where is the line? How much soy sauce is acceptable? I need a precise amount.

Otherwise, I'm going to assume she's at it and attention seeking.

And, yes, there are three questions there. But two of them are the same. Rhetoric, innit.

1) No idea, but let's go on the working hypothesis that it's my fault.

2) Varies. About a teaspoon. Noodles with soy sauce is the line. Also they cant touch other items on the plate.

I'm going to with attention seeking as a motivation.