Unpopular opinions.

17 minutes ago, hk blues said:

You missed squash.   Just a couple of guys jumping around a wee room hitting a ball so small and fast nobody can see it anyway.

Agreed, as a spectator sport squash is unwatchable.

I'd add judo to that list, probably at the top. You have 2 guys holding on and sizing each other up then they seem to stumble and fall and by some undecipherable criteria one is declared the winner.

1 hour ago, Blootoon87 said:

We could maybe compile an official list of the most boring sports to watch.

American Football

Cricket

Formula One

Golf

Rugby

That's my top 5 list, in order from most boring to least boring.

This seems like the right thread to say that i think rugby's ok. I wouldn't record it if i was out but wouldn't turn over like i would for say golf or mma. 

First two correct, golf is okay when it's Ryder Cup. Formula One is w**k. And the women at work love it so I have to hear about it all the time.

Basketball must be the worst sport going though. You score, we score, you score, we score, you score, we score, you score, we score. Repeat until someone wins 104-102. Why don't they put the net higher, allow tackling or make it so that it is actually difficult to score? Ludicrous sport.

2 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Why don't they put the net higher, allow tackling or make it so that it is actually difficult to score? Ludicrous sport.

That would defeat the purpose of creating a game with as many points as possible to excite the fans.  

People who don't like cricket are almost entirely bandwagon jumpers who just know that it's socially the right thing to say in Scotland and will lie about having actually watched it.

Cricket is fantastic. In many ways a better spectator sport than football. Miles better to attend in person than football in general.

Edited by JTS98

6 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

People who don't like cricket are almost entirely bandwagon jumpers who just know that it's socially the right thing to say in Scotland and will lie about having actually watched it.

Cricket is fantastic. In many ways a better spectator sport than football. Miles better to attend in person than football in general.

It's shite played exclusively by posh English people and countries England have colonised over the years. 

1 minute ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

It's shite played exclusively by posh English people and countries England have colonised over the years. 

How does that make it shite?

I've watched Australia play various one day and test matches in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, and Perth. It's certainly not a posh boy's game over there. Indeed, the MCG is arguably the only good thing about Melbourne.

I've also been to see Sri Lanka play India in Colombo and been to two 20/20 World Cups. Maybe the best sporting experiences I've ever had. Not a posh boy in sight.

Cricket's excellent. Your prejudice is your problem.

2 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

First two correct, golf is okay when it's Ryder Cup. Formula One is w**k. And the women at work love it so I have to hear about it all the time.

Basketball must be the worst sport going though. You score, we score, you score, we score, you score, we score, you score, we score. Repeat until someone wins 104-102. Why don't they put the net higher, allow tackling or make it so that it is actually difficult to score? Ludicrous sport.

Maybe they could combine cage fighting and basketball- "and Jordan leaps but he's taken out with a headbutt to the groin.."

2 hours ago, JTS98 said:

I've no real affinity for cricket but I'd happily watch a close, limited overs match - more exciting than a lot of sports.