Unpopular opinions.

F1 is probably the worst Motorsport going. It would be pretty good to watch it live once to witness how quick the cars are but it doesn't transfer to tv viewing at all.

I'd sooner watch a whole season of Junior Football than one whole F1 race. I'd even watch a whole season of Women's football first, actually.

On 31/08/2020 at 10:02, tongue_tied_danny said:

Big is the best Tom Hanks film.

Saw this a couple of years ago and thought it was nowhere near as good as i'd remembered. Too mawkish. 

On 31/08/2020 at 13:32, tamthebam said:

Dragnet is the best Tom Hanks film 

Signed

Just Connie Swailes

May need to rewatch this. I forgot Hanks was in it and think of it as a Dan Ackroyd film

I loved The Burbs back in the day and rewatched it a year or so ago. Marvellous film. Not very funny for a comedy though. 

4 hours ago, Shotgun said:

True but it’s hardly a fair comparison. With the possible exception of Subbuteo, Scalextric is the bestest thing pretty much ever. 

Absolutely correct opinions thread for this pish.

I had my scalextric set up while i was on furlough. I can confirm that the Back to the Future DeLorean is quicker than the Goldfinger DB5, but not as quick as Jim Clarke's Lotus

44 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Absolutely correct opinions thread for this pish.

I had my scalextric set up while i was on furlough. I can confirm that the Back to the Future DeLorean is quicker than the Goldfinger DB5, but not as quick as Jim Clarke's Lotus

The problem with the DeLorean though, was that if you ever got it up to 88mph, it would simply disappear.

12 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

F1 is probably the worst Motorsport going. It would be pretty good to watch it live once to witness how quick the cars are but it doesn't transfer to tv viewing at all.

I'd sooner watch a whole season of Junior Football than one whole F1 race. I'd even watch a whole season of Women's football first, actually.

Yeah. I don't watch F1 at all but I would quite like to go to the Monaco grand prix, just for the glitz and the glamour more than anything.

6 minutes ago, Blootoon87 said:

We could maybe compile an official list of the most boring sports to watch.

American Football

Cricket

Formula One

Golf

Rugby

That's my top 5 list, in order from most boring to least boring.

You missed squash.   Just a couple of guys jumping around a wee room hitting a ball so small and fast nobody can see it anyway.

And golf - why bother with following the shot in the air when you cannot see the ball anyway.  It's BS.