Unpopular opinions.

Curious thing about Tom Hanks is that I really like him as an actor. But then when I look at his lengthy filmography, there's very few that I would have any interest in seeing a second time. And quite a few I have no interest in seeing even once. 

Green mile, saving private Ryan, sully, the terminal are all watchable and worth a second go.

I think he suffers from the same thing as Tom cruise, in too many films and it gets repetitive. He doesn’t have a huge range as well. Other than Forrest Gump it’s all pretty similar, but good.

6 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Green mile, saving private Ryan, sully, the terminal are all watchable and worth a second go.

I think he suffers from the same thing as Tom cruise, in too many films and it gets repetitive. He doesn’t have a huge range as well. Other than Forrest Gump it’s all pretty similar, but good.

You thought Sully was worth watching a second time? Not me.

I would add 'A League of their Own' (Mrs Shotgun was watching it just the other night and I got drawn in) and 'Apollo 13' (I own that one), 

I thought he was great in 'Philadelphia' and 'Bridge of Spies' but no interest in seeing them again.

Agree on your second point. 

You thought Sully was worth watching a second time? Not me.
I would add 'A League of their Own' (Mrs Shotgun was watching it just the other night and I got drawn in) and 'Apollo 13' (I own that one), 
I thought he was great in 'Philadelphia' and 'Bridge of Spies' but no interest in seeing them again.
Agree on your second point. 

As good as he was in Bridge if Spies, and he was very good, his performance was always going to be overlooked by the outstanding Mark Rylance.

Hanks back catalogue of great performances can compete with anyone out there. With the obvious exception of Daniel a Day-Lewis, I’d struggle to argue against there being many more consistent performers in the industry.

3 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

As good as he was in Bridge if Spies, and he was very good, his performance was always going to be overlooked by the outstanding Mark Rylance.

Hanks back catalogue of great performances can compete with anyone out there. With the obvious exception of Daniel a Day-Lewis, I’d struggle to argue against there being many more consistent performers in the industry.

Jack Nicholson Sunglasses GIF by Pop TV

Surprised to see Redford was only in four films during the '80s. Busy with the producing/Sundance stuff, I guess.

A lot of his films really aren't my cup of tea, but he seems to have put a lot of thought into the projects he chose. Also, I'm pretty sure my mum wishes he'd been my dad.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Matthew McConnaghey (sp?) is clearly the best actor about just now and for a while. 

Correct

Outstanding in The Gentlemen, Dallas Buyers Club and Lincoln Lawyer

2 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

In fairness, you don't get Tom Hanks to act a part, you get Tom Hanks to play Tom Hanks in a given situation: Tom Hanks at war, Tom Hanks in space, Tom Hanks on an island etc...

The guy has built a career on his innate charisma and likeability.

15 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:
19 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:
It gets exciting near the end when most of the numbers are out.

I like the bit where Hamilton wins again. In the fastest car as well. Amazing.

Come on now, it's exciting when one car overtakes another. It happens every four or five races.