Unpopular opinions.

My rule is that cards are for people you care about, that you aren't going to see in person, that have a occasion coming up that's worth celebrating.

I don't think I've sent a card in about thirty years.

3 hours ago, Bert Raccoon said:

If you don't buy a Birthday Card, where do you sellotape the pound coin?

Having heard tales of a work colleagues dad the pound would have been sellotaped to the path outside the house and when the birthday boy innocently went to pick it up he'd have got a boot up the arse.

And no, I don't work with Biffa Bacon

18 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Having heard tales of a work colleagues dad the pound would have been sellotaped to the path outside the house and when the birthday boy innocently went to pick it up he'd have got a boot up the arse.

And no, I don't work with Biffa Bacon

Someone across the road from me always has a pound coin superglued to the pavement outside their front window.

Right across the street from me are some low-hanging tree branches that folk walking along reading their phones walk into. Simple entertainment. 

On 06/09/2020 at 10:23, BigFatTabbyDave said:

My rule is that cards are for people you care about, that you aren't going to see in person, that have a occasion coming up that's worth celebrating.

I don't think I've sent a card in about thirty years.

I rip my wife to shreds when she is buying a card for folks birthdays and then she hands it over whilst saying happy birthday to them.

Isn't that what the card says but for free?

In a fantastic victory for Gaz she once said to me "folk keep important cards like kids 1st birthdays". We were with my mate and his wife when I asked and they said no they had tossed all the 1st birthday cards about a week after the birthday 😂

I've challenged her many times to find a card kept 2 weeks after handing it over. Still winning of course 😎

Someone across the road from me always has a pound coin superglued to the pavement outside their front window.
Right across the street from me are some low-hanging tree branches that folk walking along reading their phones walk into. Simple entertainment. 
One of my favourite high school memories was super gluing a 50p to the floor then laughing at a succession of folk all morning until, in a moment of early teenage glory, the rector came and made a play for the coin not once but twice whilst we all laughed. I was a legend that day. On reflection, it might even have been my peak from which I am still descending.

6 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

It it unpopular to suggest Banksy is fucking dreadful?

He seems quite big amongst Twitter people and 50 yo centrist das 

Just found out yesterday his name is allegedly Robin Gunningham and this is him pictured, although according to some people this is common knowledge:

images - 2020-09-08T132645.680.jpeg

24 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Yeah the 3D rumour has been about for ages as well as the one about it being a collective of artists.

@ArabianKnight claims to be ITK.

I'm not just in the know I've met him. "Banksy" as a public facing entity isn't just one person. I could rattle off a list of 20 artists who have done work as "Banksy". f**k I've got paintings by 3 of them hanging on my walls. 

It's no big secret but Banksy, the guy that started the whole things name is Robin Gunningham and that name has been out there for years

💁‍♂️

ETA, didn't read any of the other comments and realise all this has been covered 🤣

Edited by ArabianKnight

9 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Given the money the paintings go for, he must be absolutely minted to do them for no financial gain. The dick.

He's actually quite a good c**t and puts money into a lot of charity projects and recycles a lot of his earnings into ongoing art works. 

I know he's got a few permanent staff members too on decent salaries. 

I'm not just in the know I've met him. "Banksy" as a public facing entity isn't just one person. I could rattle off a list of 20 artists who have done work as "Banksy". f**k I've got paintings by 3 of them hanging on my walls. 
It's no big secret but Banksy, the guy that started the whole things name is Robin Gunningham and that name has been out there for years
[emoji2273]
ETA, didn't read any of the other comments and realise all this has been covered [emoji1787]
Goldie let it slip calling him Robert, is that 3d?