Out of the mouth of babes...

kiwififer

My mum asked my dad last night why ships and other things are referred to in the feminine, i.e. 'she' and 'her'. She said "is it because there's a Queen? If there was King would they then become 'him'?"

My mum asked my dad last night why ships and other things are referred to in the feminine, i.e. 'she' and 'her'. She said "is it because there's a Queen? If there was King would they then become 'him'?"

I hope your father replied with "Because they're full of seamen" or some such similar smutty remark.

I hope your father replied with "Because they're full of seamen" or some such similar smutty remark.

His response was condescending laughter. But yes, that would have been better.

Not from a woman but felt it should be included. My mates were round and we had the news on the telly (on mute) when it popped up "Eyewitness Report"

A mate turned round and asked "Where's Eyewitness? That near Inverness?"

It was his pronunciation that made it - I-wit-ness :lol:

Not from a woman but felt it should be included. My mates were round and we had the news on the telly (on mute) when it popped up "Eyewitness Report"

A mate turned round and asked "Where's Eyewitness? That near Inverness?"

It was his pronunciation that made it - I-wit-ness :lol:

Who was that? Would like to know for future slaggings.

Anyway, was lying in bed a couple of nights ago. My girlfriend who has this sort of posh, well-spoken English accent (dunno why that matters but it just made it sound funnier) was lying reading a book next to me. I was just drifting off to sleep... That sort of halfway house that you get into when you're still awake but you're almost dreaming and she comes out with this:

"Eddie Izzard.... He's the... He's the ski jumper, right? I didn't know he was into transvestism!"

She was reading some book about 'How to be a woman' or some shite and an Eddie Izzard quote was used to defend equality in some way, about cross dressing just being equal rights for clothes or something.

She'd not long ago watched a show called The Jump in which Eddie the Eagle featured and I had to explain who he was so you can forgive her woman brain for making the connection.

I can honestly say I've never switched from being in sleep-limbo to utter hysterics as quick in my entire life.

"Yes baby, he's a ski jumper. That's going on Pie and Bovril, btw."

The World Cup and its ability to make all girls want to fake enthusiasm for football usually results in some sublimely stupid quotes.

I was with a group watching the Belgium game in Bruges, and someone asks if they have anything like Paul the Octopus this time. Someone says there's some chicken doing it in Brazil, and all they know is it got the first game right between Brazil and Croatia (I have no idea how accurate that is). This girl we were with comes out with "wouldn't that be quite an obvious prediction to make anyway"?

confused_christian_bale.gif

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Today I had to tell somebody that the Moon wasn't a planet. Taking my (admittedly annoying) "I'll not tell you the answer straight away but let you work it out a bit first" approach, I asked what else it could be.

"Ah, it's a star isn't it?" was the answer. After giving her the 'not sure if serious' treatment, it turns out she genuinely thought that the Moon could be a star before convincing herself it was.

This thread leaves too many unanswered questions, did DA Baracus step up to the plate and smash the back door of the bunny boiler, did he upload the videos to xhamster? Are they now in love? Or is she currently in jail?

None of the above. Turns out she didn't like me and was instrumental in me being put on 'gardening leave' for 2 weeks and my subsequent firing.

I suspect your homosexual boss will be doing the same, shortly.

What, fire me? Exceptionally unlikely.

And he's a suspected homosexual. I asked a colleague about it on Friday and she said everyone thinks he is but it has never been confirmed.