The Falkirk FC Thread

I wouldn't mind if we had a decent backup 'keeper, as Rogers is far from irreplaceable. But Bowman doesn't fill me with confidence. We had a keeper on trial though didn't we? Perhaps Houston knew this was maybe coming, certainly don't think he'd have been looking at a 4th goalkeeper without good reason.

Have we ever made a penny from these "graded" deals I know we lost out on arfield ..what about Wallace ? Thought he had made 50 appearances ? Only one i know we made money on was Gary Gilliespie & that went yesterday

Made something on Arfield and Fulton. Nothing else

Looks very likely that we will recall Rogers I'm afraid. Scott Brown is our only senior keeper now and I don't think 17 year-old Robbie Mutch will be used as back-up. I'd expect Rogers to challenge for the number one jersey as Brown isn't great.

You can blame the sh1teness of Adam Bogdan for this chain reaction.

Who'd have thought Liverpool's loss of a goal in Exeter could knacker Falkirk's season?

Aberdeen fans seem to be in tears at losing Ward. I don't see Rogers as the biggest loss from us.

I'd put losing Baird, Vaulks, Grant, Kerr and Sibbs ahead of Rogers.

Get another keeper in end of problem.

Bit embarrassing if we do lose him after telling all and sundry that aberdeen had allowed us to keep him. We should be making sure everythings signed and sealed before releasing anything. Hopefully that has been the case anyway. Yes there will be other keepers out there but with rogers you know what your getting and he has now got a decent relationship with the rest of the defence after a rocky start. A new keeper has to start all that again. From now on though we should either be signing our own keeper or making sure we have someone on loan for a full season with no recall option.

Surely we mustve had a sell on clause in wallaces contract. If not then youve really got to ask questions on who deals with our transfers. Scunthorpe say it was for an undisclosed fee which would leave us due something surely.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

We will await and see clauses in loan deal, I just doubt Aberdeen will recall if there is such a clause, he would go back to sit on their bench, whereas gain more experience being a no1 is more beneficial.

I like to think there are plenty of options out there either loan or one to sign, just that it's not as simple as to have a decent trusting one

I don't think he can be recalled.

It would be a surprise if he couldnt. Loan deals usually include a recall in case of emergency clause and whilst exercising such a clause outwith a window would require special league permission, inside one it would pretty much be a formality I would have thought.

Aberdeen may prefer to get another keeper though. They brought in a loan keeper this season rather than trust Rogers in the first place. With the league still in reach its unlikely they will have changed that opinion I would have thought.

It would be a surprise if he couldnt. Loan deals usually include a recall in case of emergency clause and whilst exercising such a clause outwith a window would require special league permission, inside one it would pretty much be a formality I would have thought.

Aberdeen may prefer to get another keeper though. They brought in a loan keeper this season rather than trust Rogers in the first place. With the league still in reach its unlikely they will have changed that opinion I would have thought.

Be surprised then. Falkirk Herald sports editor tweeting that Rogers can't be recalled quoting Houston saying papers are lodged and he is with us this the end if the season.

The deal is the deal from my info. However if there is a request for him to go back Falkirk can agree to it. The only way to me Rogers is going to go back is if he is going to be No1 as I am sure he would want to play at the higher level.

Waiting game I guess now.

All depends on clauses and conditions, happened many a time where a player on loan couldn't be recalled due the clauses in the loan contract. The end of the day, it would be careless to have a clause that he can return especially with a keeper.

As said previously, I expect Aberdeen will loan in someone to sit on their bench or be no1, no way Rogers would be going back to be their No1