The Falkirk FC Thread

Aye looked good mate. Not ready for the first team but would be a good addition to the 20's at this stage.

They've been a bit thin on the ground recently and have been using a few academy boys.

Bear in mind that every year we sign some of the academy boys to play for the U20s and hopefully push for a place in the first team. This year will be no different. 

Bear in mind that every year we sign some of the academy boys to play for the U20s and hopefully push for a place in the first team. This year will be no different.

Absolutely, but even so there is space for another player or two at that level out with the 17's who come up.

For example Rhys Peggie was brought in mid season last year ðŸ‘

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11793/8380631/falkirk-have-secured-new-contracts-with-midfielder-liam-dick-and-defender-ryan-mcgeever

He is out of contract. So unless he is offered a new deal which I highly doubt he will that will be him and McCann away so far.

McGeever is a name I haven't heard in a while. I wonder what happened to him, was being touted as a promising youngster at one point. 

With regards to the Hearts player, I'm sure the boys name was Liam but I can't remember the surname.

Surely not Liam Henderson? He was absolutely abysmal we had to get in a 37 year old Jim Paterson and pack him back to the Jambos.

The lad Dick is a far better prospect than Liam Henderson, if it is him you are alluding to.

I don't think we know owt about winning the play offs, using the Killie game as an example for next season,it will mean heehaw if in the same position again unless its a similar Killie team again. We wouldn't have had the same physical battle with other teams in that bottom section of the SPL, that's how it goes

I get what you're saying but going by that logic then, why did Kilmarnock still finish second bottom of that section of 'less physical' teams.

Sunday should definitely be took into consideration if we are going for promotion this year, otherwise we are going to find ourselves falling short yet again. We need to try and build a team that is not regarded as kids or not imposing or elese we will constantly find ourselves getting patted on the head and told good job little buddy.

I get what you're saying but going by that logic then, why did Kilmarnock still finish second bottom of that section of 'less physical' teams.

Sunday should definitely be took into consideration if we are going for promotion this year, otherwise we are going to find ourselves falling short yet again. We need to try and build a team that is not regarded as kids or not imposing or elese we will constantly find ourselves getting patted on the head and told good job little buddy.

The big factor that in our games the gun was pointed to their head to raise their game, unlike going through the motions week in week out in the slump.

I dont think they were a particularly good side, only power, pace and strength added with the fact they hit our weaknesses,also a few of our players werent 100%. Killie freeing most of the side, tells its own story in regard to the thots for next season

Liam Smith the promising young fullback maybe?

That might make sense if we're keeping Paterson for another year, and there are reports that we're sorting out a contract extension with him.

You lads needing a 'keeper?  We've just released Dean Brill.  Hasn't made waves about being too far from home, and is easily in your budget I'd have though.  And he's very good.

Very similar to Owain Fon Williams, but unfortunately, we can't afford 2 good 'keepers on the books.

You lads needing a 'keeper?  We've just released Dean Brill.  Hasn't made waves about being too far from home, and is easily in your budget I'd have though.  And he's very good.

Very similar to Owain Fon Williams, but unfortunately, we can't afford 2 good 'keepers on the books.

Sounds like a good option. Other one I thought was perhaps Jack Hamilton of Hearts on loan but he may be in with a shout at Hearts now Alexander is away.

With our 1st friendly being June 29 in Ireland, when are we back for pre-season training?

Only bloody 5 weeks away

23rd of June rings a bell but not sure if that's when they start. The majority of our squad only had 3 weeks off last season after the cup final and another short break is testament to their achievements