The Falkirk FC Thread

The norm for defenders is to save a corner and put it out for a shy in the final third, If I was an opposition defender v Falkirk, Id feel more safer putting it out for a corner. Our set piece play from corners and free kicks are just horrible.

earlier in the season Tom Taiwo slung in some decent corners, can't remember which game it was but it was such a novelty it was remarked upon. 

Might be an idea to practice corners during training...  On Saturday - & generally over the past, what, decade maybe?  we've been noticeably gash at this.  Kerr's daisy-cutter effort on Saturday, for one, was lamentable. 

Edited by Dennistoun Bairn

I'd say we certainly have an aerial threat with Miller, Luca, Muirhead, McCracken and Grant. These boys can score goals if the right delivery is made so surely should be worked on at training, while I assume it will be, it doesn't seem evident on match days. Another reason to get in a proper right winger with a good cross on him. 

2 hours ago, MrDust said:

The norm for defenders is to save a corner and put it out for a shy in the final third, If I was an opposition defender v Falkirk, Id feel more safer putting it out for a corner. Our set piece play from corners and free kicks are just horrible.

Must've made this point a thousand times the last 5 years.

To make matter worse you get fans cheering the fact we have a corner as if something is about to happen. Have you just wandered in and not seen any of the previous corners?

Not Falkirk related but equally as bad was a Champ league game I was watching. The away team were winning and trying to kill time by thumping the ball for miles every time they put it out for a throw. 11 players doing this and none of them noticed the multi ball that the ball boys kept producing. Thick as f**k these millionaire players.

We utilised it multiple times yesterday at 0-0 but the problem was we rarely won the 1st header/flick on.

Good tool to have though as both Muirhead & Hippolyte can give it a good launch.

Used them multiple times but didn't use them from minute one. Muirhead given responsibilities but why not get Hippo doing his version straight away? More effective than our corners.

With our season petering out already, third being an absolute best for us, it's time to blood the younger players in and make this a developmental season. We couldn't get up last year when we had a much better squad so why try now?

Gallacher at left back. May be throwing him in the deep end but Kingsley was like that to start and look where he's ended up. Despite liking Leahy his distribution is woeful, and the former is a much better prospect.

Get 3/4s of a season out of Luca and Grant. McCracken has done well to be fair but where's the benefit of playing him in a season where we aren't pushing towards going up?

Young strikers coming through as well, with one out on loan we have a total of 6 strikers registered with us, far too many when playing 2 up front.