The Falkirk FC Thread

Seriously, how many times have we said let's save money in December and rebuild the team in August? The BOD are not interested so we might as well just bring in better players now and enjoy at least half of the season as I'm pissed off watching what we're getting right now.

So because it hasn't happened in the past, means it won't happen this summer? This seasons over and sooner you realise it the better. Time to blood through Gallacher and where possible the likes of Austin and O'Hara. Out of curiosity I can't remember the last time we said let's save money in December and rebuild in August so you'll have to remind me?

1 minute ago, Trump said:

Steady he can even play right midfield.

Don't be such a fuckwit!

I didn't say he was a right midfielder I said, rather tounge in cheek, that he'd be a better option than what we've seen so far this season. We played Alston (who is not a wide right midfielder) there last season and he did ok, as did the team.

IMO what we're really missing is Vaulks. We miss his attitude and enthusiasm as much as anything as he pulled us through games at times.

If we played Hippo on the right and Leahy on the left we'd at least have some balance in the side.

Stenny fan at work was taking about him. Apparently a lot to learn. Possibly one for next season, not the answer now though

Having not seen him I can't comment on his suitability now or in the future. Loads of noise about him though

So because it hasn't happened in the past, means it won't happen this summer? This seasons over and sooner you realise it the better. Time to blood through Gallacher and where possible the likes of Austin and O'Hara. Out of curiosity I can't remember the last time we said let's save money in December and rebuild in August so you'll have to remind me?

It won't happen. How many seasons have we to go through with this mob in charge for the penny to drop with the support.

We are some sort of pseudo pillar of the community football club now and winning is not that important any more. As I have already said the playoffs give this BoD a get out of jail free card every season. They have no interest in promotion.

38 minutes ago, PG.Colossus said:

Steady, a tad OTT. emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

Having watched Shepherd on Monday, I think not....

As I said earlier, swap Loy for Shepherd and that formation would work, with Shepherd its a man down.

Total despair watching us now, apologies for hoping for an improvement and looking back to a player who pulled defences wide and had decent skill to create, unlike hoping for a throw, so we can get someone to throw it long to our centre halves to see if we can score

If someone like Loy is indeed off to Morton, even on loan, that's a fairly embarrassing turn of events for a club of our stature to be honest. Especially when we are crying out for someone of his quality.

I can't see how anyone can be confident of finishing 3rd on current form and if we are sticking with this squad & Morton/Raith strengthen then they will surely be favourites for 3rd & 4th spot.

Loy was sitting in the Falkirk end on Monday

Saw that too. I doubt it means anything though as he was in with Alston & McGeever too.

I know he's best pals with Miller & that would help us get him but if there's no money to spend then it's not going to do us much good.

Jesus. Have Loy. Please take him. Your desperation deserves him. He's Colin Mcmenamin junior. I've no idea why you lot are so keen to get him back in. He's not exactly a creative genius that you seem to be craving for. Sounds like you and us both need a Gary Harkins type rather than a Rory Loy. Someone to feed the strikers and give them the opportunities.

Jesus. Have Loy. Please take him. Your desperation deserves him. He's Colin Mcmenamin junior. I've no idea why you lot are so keen to get him back in. He's not exactly a creative genius that you seem to be craving for. Sounds like you and us both need a Gary Harkins type rather than a Rory Loy. Someone to feed the strikers and give them the opportunities.

But, but, but Loy is the only thing that can save our season?!

Everyone bar Houston can see what we need. Having only 1 creative midfielder in the team in Sibbald and an outball in Hippo isn't going to win you games.

The fact that regularly Houston has 2 centre halves and a holding midfielder on the bench tells you his mentality.

Add to that playing at least 4 players out of position.

1 hour ago, Crawford Baptie said:

Everyone bar Houston can see what we need. Having only 1 creative midfielder in the team in Sibbald and an outball in Hippo isn't going to win you games.

When was the last time Sibbald created anything ?