The Falkirk FC Thread

Has Yogi got multiple accounts on here?

Why on earth would a fan of our club want him back after the long lasting damage he did?

I understand how you get different opinions of ex managers and how they left, like McCall, and how it divides a support, but how the hell Hughes still has some supporters baffles me.

1 hour ago, Mr.Blue said:

Fair enough. I was one of the ones calling for Duffy's head at the start of the season for some of those reasons. Football was pish, squad looked unbalanced, lost to Ayr and Queens Park in a short space of time. Unbelievable how we've turned it around. Maybe Houston will do the same?

Your moving in the right direction whilst we're going backwards at a rate of knots. Houston's last dire league campaign was papered over with a cup final. He's not getting that excuse this year. His signings since he came on board have been very poor in the  main and the team continues to struggle more and more as we lose excellent players that we had before him and replace them with dross. The fact that we're averaging over 4000 after the length of time we've been back in the championship is a minor miracle when you look at what's happened to similar clubs who have come down. However, they won't hang around long .

Edited by Shadwell Dog

8 minutes ago, Super Tuesday said:

Why on earth would a fan of our club want him back after the long lasting damage he did?

I understand how you get different opinions of ex managers and how they left, like McCall, and how it divides a support, but how the hell Hughes still has some supporters baffles me.

Why would you not want the most successful Falkirk manager of the modern era back in charge? 

If Houston goes, i.e. he walks (as he won't be sacked) then his replacement is already lined up. Maybury is being groomed for the job & has been since the day he walked in the door.

Regarding Yogi, I think he's had his time & as others have said, I think he'd struggle with how the club is now run. On the run in with Elvis, fair play to him, he was sticking up for his mate whom had been treated like crap by the board & Elvis. Could maybe have done it not in full view of everyone in the stadium at the time though lol.

Falkirk over 35's v Dunfermline over 35's charity rivals march today. Been promoted by the club and being run by the community foundation. Houston refused them use of the changing rooms.

Don't agree with the decision at all but at least the guys have got other changing rooms to get ready in (5 a side pitch changing rooms underneath the south end of the West stand).

Pretty poor decision though.

15 minutes ago, Just a bairn said:

Why would you not want the most successful Falkirk manager of the modern era back in charge? 

28 minutes ago, Super Tuesday said:

This alone.

Disappointing as yesterday was our objective this season was to make the play offs and we are still in that position. Keep calm and carry on. I fear the play offs less this season than last, if we make them, as hibs will be up automatically and United are not as good as hibs were last season. We can on our day beat morton and United and have done so. I think this season will be as expected no better no worse. Well make the playoffs but not go up.

Disappointing as yesterday was our objective this season was to make the play offs and we are still in that position. Keep calm and carry on. I fear the play offs less this season than last, if we make them, as hibs will be up automatically and United are not as good as hibs were last season. We can on our day beat morton and United and have done so. I think this season will be as expected no better no worse. Well make the playoffs but not go up.

You think scraping 4th place with the squad we have an achievement?

It will be worse as we won't finish 2nd. Which means should we finish in 3rd or 4th then we'll have another 2 games to get through. I don't think we are currently good enough to beat Morton over 2 games never mind United.

Your right though, we wouldn't go up via the POs anyway as the Premiership teams are much stronger than we are. Look at United at Ross County yesterday.

The only way to get out of this league is to have the players, system & belief to win the damn thing. We have none of the above this season sadly.

You think scraping 4th place with the squad we have an achievement?

After vaulks went I predicted 5th at the start of the season so my expectations were low even after a terrific season last. I felt robbed buying a season ticket for one product (vaulks) then getting offered another product (rankin). I think we actually have a decent enough squad for comfortable third or even second but Houstons signings and team selections and loyalty to certain players has been baffling

Seems to me the aim to sell Tony Gallacher in this window has failed, and Leahy will now be brought back in.

Doesn't need to sell Gallacher with the Kingsley money now in.

I genuinely think he wants to play Gallagher to get him up to speed with Leahy more than likely away in the summer.

Gallagher is being hung out to dry after yesterday however the full defence is all over the place. Muirhead is hopeless at RB, McCracken is done & Watson needs Grant or Gasparotto beside him in my opinion.

1 hour ago, Crawford Baptie said:

Houston refusing the Rivals teams use of the changing rooms today. Petty b*****d.

It may have nothing to do with pettiness, assuming the decision was indeed his.

The players all congregate in the dressing room before leaving for an away game. I don't know what happens inside it, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was some sort of team meeting.

Our U20s players will be in the dressing room at the same time as the Rivals game kicks off, so obviously both groups can't use it. Do you really think our coaching staff would disrupt their players routine, ahead of what may be the most important game of their season, because of a charity game?

I don't know for certain - this is speculation on my part - but it seems a likely explanation. And in my opinion at least, a reasonable thing to do.

Doesn't need to sell Gallacher with the Kingsley money now in.
I genuinely think he wants to play Gallagher to get him up to speed with Leahy more than likely away in the summer.
Gallagher is being hung out to dry after yesterday however the full defence is all over the place. Muirhead is hopeless at RB, McCracken is done & Watson needs Grant or Gasparotto beside him in my opinion.

Possibly, I just think at 17 it's a bit early going straight into the starting 11 and not being slowly introduced especially when Leahy hasn't been one of our poorer performers.

Kidd/Aird and Hippo/Leahy would give us a decent balance and flexibility on either flank. Taiwo and Sibbald deserve a go together in the middle. McHugh deserves a run upfront with Miller. Grant at centre back with anyone bar McCracken, I'd give Muirhead a chance.

I can still see us making the playoffs, I just hope the team is in some order by then.

It may have nothing to do with pettiness, assuming the decision was indeed his.
The players all congregate in the dressing room before leaving for an away game. I don't know what happens inside it, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was some sort of team meeting.
Our U20s players will be in the dressing room at the same time as the Rivals game kicks off, so obviously both groups can't use it. Do you really think our coaching staff would disrupt their players routine, ahead of what may be the most important game of their season, because of a charity game?
I don't know for certain - this is speculation on my part - but it seems a likely explanation. And in my opinion at least, a reasonable thing to do.

Youth team have a separate changing room I think

Does anyone actually still believe that we will finish in the play offs this season? I can very easily see both Queens and Dunfermline catching us.

There is no fight, belief or anything really in our squad. Whilst the players absolutely do need to take responsibility ultimately it's down to Houston. I seen a clip of his interview yesterday where he said something along the lines of once we went 2-0 down he knew we weren't going to get back into it or we didn't look like scoring something like that. Whilst it's true we didn't look like scoring what did he do to change it? Took off our top scorer and most creative player and brought on a striker to play in midfield. That's the best he can do just chuck strikers onto the pitch and hope something happens that is just shite.

Kevin O'Hara was sitting in the stand yesterday so what was the point of bringing him back from East Fife just so we can keep him fresh for an under 20s game today.

Serious question. What were bairns fans realistically expecting from this season? You're still in the mix for the playoffs. Is the fan unrest more to do with the style of football that Houston has the team playing?

It's a bit of everything really. The style of play is rancid, we are abysmal at the back (we only have 4 clean sheets in the league this season and none since November), goon forward we have no ideas, his team selection is constantly poor with the same players starting week in week out regardless of their performance and he is unable to effectively change a game.

On the bench yesterday we had McHugh, Leahy, Kidd and Peter Grant and along with Kevin O'Hara in the stand they should all have been starting yesterday. Instead he changed the shape to try and shoehorn one of his summer signings Craigen into the team who is beyond shite. Of all the signings he made in the summer not one has improved our team instead just making us worse. We have a massive squad we have 22 first team players with another 4 or 5 pushing from the under 20s but that is made up of 5 centre backs and 6 strikers. Totally unbalanced.

His first season with us league wise was shite. However we got to the cup final, less said about that the better, so all was forgiven. Last year was brilliant we had a good team and whilst we weren't exactly playing well we didn't need to we always knew we could get a goal the players never knew they were beaten. This season so far it's been just as bad if not worse than that first season. He's turns us from a team of mostly young players lacking experience completely the other way where we now have too many experienced players and not enough young players getting a chance.

Houston always loves to talk about budgets he never stopped going on about it last season. Well I would be very surprised if he has not been given the third biggest budget in the league this season and he's made a compete c**t of it.