The Falkirk FC Thread

A few on here saying Maybury more than likely the replacement if Houston was to resign or be sacked. Not a fan of his at all & would struggle to get behind that appointment. What is his role at the club? Is he the assistant manager? I thought it was the other guy McDonaugh? However if you watch on a match day Houston barely speaks to him or acknowledges him. Maybury his go to guy.

6 minutes ago, hope street said:

Youth team have a separate changing room I think

They use the home dressing room for matches, though it's not just about that. You also have the boot room and kit room which are accessible via the tunnel. Is it really a good idea for our boys to come in and sort out their gear when there's another two teams running about the tunnel area?

I'm not saying it can't be done, but I don't think it's ideal preparation. 

A few on here saying Maybury more than likely the replacement if Houston was to resign or be sacked. Not a fan of his at all & would struggle to get behind that appointment. What is his role at the club? Is he the assistant manager? I thought it was the other guy McDonaugh? However if you watch on a match day Houston barely speaks to him or acknowledges him. Maybury his go to guy.

He's the 1st team coach & U20s manager.

1 hour ago, RC55 FFC said:

It will be worse as we won't finish 2nd. Which means should we finish in 3rd or 4th then we'll have another 2 games to get through. I don't think we are currently good enough to beat Morton over 2 games never mind United.

Your right though, we wouldn't go up via the POs anyway as the Premiership teams are much stronger than we are. Look at United at Ross County yesterday.

The only way to get out of this league is to have the players, system & belief to win the damn thing. We have none of the above this season sadly.

I wonder how many points we'll end up behind hibs this season? A team who are no better than they were last season. I feel sorry for the poor bloke who replaces Houston. He'll have a smaller budget to play with but will be expected to get us up after Houston has wasted our best budget season since probably our first one down. You need to take advantage when things are going well but it's another missed opportunity by manager and board.  

You think scraping 4th place with the squad we have an achievement?

Don't agree with the decision at all but at least the guys have got other changing rooms to get ready in (5 a side pitch changing rooms underneath the south end of the West stand).

Pretty poor decision though.

This still stands imo

And why bother aiming for 4th? We have no chance of coming through 3 ties and the revenue generated is negligible.
Make the call now. Get rid. Plan and prep for next season where we should aim to win the (much more winnable) league.

Those comparing the Pressley bad days to yesterday need to take a look at themselves. Houstons overall football budget will be 4-500k more than Pressley.

Houston has filled his team with dross journeymen who are costing us a fortune in relative terms.

For McCracken, Craigen, Muirhead, Miller, McHugh, Baird, Watson, Kerr and Kidd we had

Kingsley, Sibbald, McGrandles, Wallace, Fulton, Alston, Taylor, Higginbotham, Farid, Duffie, Murdoch, McGovern

Apart from Taylor, McGovern and Farid they would be on a fraction of what the current bunch are on.

The other difference was they were worth it.

This is a train crash to match 2010 only at a lower level.

I would wager those sticking up for Houston now were not there yesterday. The selection was nothing short of disgraceful. Houston has lost the plot IMO as well as the dressing room by the looks.

I see nowhere for him to go now but out the door. The next two games will likely seal his fate as if yesterday is repeated we will lose both games.

Those comparing the Pressley bad days to yesterday need to take a look at themselves. Houstons overall football budget will be 4-500k more than Houston.

Houston has filled his team with dross journeymen who are costing us a fortune in relative terms.

For McCracken, Craigen, Muirhead, Miller, McHugh, Baird, Watson, Kerr and Kidd we had

Kingsley, Sibbald, McGrandles, Wallace, Fulton, Alston, Taylor, Higginbotham, Farid, Duffie, Murdoch, McGovern

Apart from Taylor, McGovern and Farid they would be on a fraction of what the current bunch are on.

I would wager those sticking up for Houston now were not there yesterday. The selection was nothing short of disgraceful. Houston has lost the plot IMO as well as the dressing room by the looks.

I see nowhere for him to go now but out the door. The next two games will likely seal his fate as if yesterday is repeated we will lose both games.

You know we won't sack him though, I'm not sure he'll walk away from Falkirk either though.

23 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Those comparing the Pressley bad days to yesterday need to take a look at themselves. Houstons overall football budget will be 4-500k more than Houston.

Don't even think that Farid & Taylor would have been on very much either as they were both relatively unknown when they arrived.

I'd much rather have Houston in charge than maybury. For maybury see Gary locke. I'm glad we are not a sacking club as it rarely works in the long term favour. Houston has made some very poor signings and weird team selections including being over loyal to some players. However we are still currently in a play off position and if we achieve that the board will feel target achieved. For me it's not been entertaining enough after last season and I'm definitely looking at a pay per game next season as opposed to season ticket and basing it on what the squad looks like and how we play. This giving a seasons money up front in blind faith is not happening again

I'd much rather have Houston in charge than maybury. For maybury see Gary locke. I'm glad we are not a sacking club as it rarely works in the long term favour. Houston has made some very poor signings and weird team selections including being over loyal to some players. However we are still currently in a play off position and if we achieve that the board will feel target achieved. For me it's not been entertaining enough after last season and I'm definitely looking at a pay per game next season as opposed to season ticket and basing it on what the squad looks like and how we play. This giving a seasons money up front in blind faith is not happening again

As previously stated - not there yesterday

Eh? I thought the selection was terrible yesterday. And what a stupid comment. You can't have an opinion unless you go to every game....?

No

If you had been there yesterday I believe you would have a different opinion - there is a difference.

To me it was 100% he has lost the confidence of players and supporters. And hopefully the Board

This is probably very controversial but I hope we finish 5th this season and out the play offs! We don't sack and Houston won't walk but surely if we miss out on the play offs there will be the old "mutual consent" bollocks and we can move on with a younger, more forward thinking manager and be able to choose from applications we receive in the summer. The play offs hardly bring an extra revenue anyway and we won't go up this season through them against an SPL team. I never want my beloved team to fail but I am sick of Houston and I'm desperate, can't think of any other way of getting rid of him!! He is absolutely clueless.

Every other club in our league seems to take firm advantage of the loan system except us. Surely we need to start considering using this a lot more. Morton had nesbitt and Lindsay on loan from celtic who were two of their better players. At least with 6 month loan deals you can punt them back to their own club if they turn out shit instead of them being stuck on 2 year deals. Houston seems to prefer signing journeymen jobber instead of using the loan system and I'm afraid it ain't working.