The Falkirk FC Thread

45 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

He's absolutely hopeless. Had 9 games for us and if he hadn't played we'd have had the league wrapped up a month earlier.

As for Sibbald, surely Luton would get him accommodation/somewhere to live.

He was directly at fault for 3, maybe 4 goals when we beat you 7-0 last year.  One hopes for Falkirk's sake that he's gotten better.

He was directly at fault for 3, maybe 4 goals when we beat you 7-0 last year.  One hopes for Falkirk's sake that he's gotten better.

He had an ok game against United. Let's face it he only got such high praise cause he was 17. And it bought him so much credit and goodwill. Absolutely bemused when he got the under 21 call up, no fucking chance anyone came to Gayfield to watch him.

Felt a bit sorry the 7-0 game though, we went in as sitting ducks, 14 players in the squad I'm sure. Barely anyone fit/signed. A guy played that day and started his only game for us all season, another 3 of them were out the door in January and the players that played a good few were out of position.

We were always gonna get a hard time but you're right. He absolutely fucked 3 of them and really should've done alot better throughout. Our results really improved after he got the punt.

That United game/talk about him post match, has absolutely been his blessing in disguise.

Not taking any joy out of writing this and I hope he does well but I got 'he's a good keeper he's in the under 21s and played great in the game I watched against united' off of folk who had never been to see us last season when I moaned about him.

Good luck to the boy but not sure this will be a successful signing for Falkirk.

Just now, Believe The Hype said:

That picture of sibbs is heartbreaking. Wish him nothing but success in whatever he does, just feels a bit like seeing your ex with someone else for the first time wearing Luton tops

It's not nice.  ICT fans get it, quite literally, every summer.  Fucking horrible.

11 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

It's not nice.  ICT fans get it, quite literally, every summer.  Fucking horrible.

Most teams are in this category IMO?

What we're talking about here though is a local lad, a fan, who came in at under 13 or whatever all the way to 200+ appearances and played some massive games for us. This is more than your average player for us.

Edited by BountyBairn

9 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I thought you guys had managed to keep the majority of the squad for this campaign?

Anyway, you pinched Bairdy from us! emoji16.png

I mean losing a player a season to Aberdeen. I mean they have more money than us, so it's expected. But it's still horrible.

12 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Big difference here though. He's one of our own, local hero, only one we have properly had in years. I can't imagine ICT bring through their best players from their academy, through and through fans of the club, making over 200 appearances in the process and winning fans player of the year on more than one occasion literally leaving every summer.

but thanks for your condolences.

8 minutes ago, BountyBairn said:

Most teams are in this category IMO?

What we're talking about here though is a local lad, a fan, who came in at under 13 or whatever all the way to 200+ appearances and played some massive games for us. This is more than your average player for us.

I reckon without even checking that ICT lose players to teams in the same league far more than any other club. At least in the last 5 years or so.

Robbie Mutch signed for the development league..... The clue is in the league he will play in.

3rd choice goalie, who at best will be a sub for the first team.

We can only hope he develops into a first team player like many the others in the squad playing in those games, reality of it tho is we release 70-80% of them.

We once had two of the Scotland U21 goalies on our books at the same time in Barclay and Andrews, who never got a sniff. U21s usually = you've been in the papers or you play in England, so never feel all fussed re u21s

16 minutes ago, BigSpow said:

Yup, he doesn't get it.

7 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Cant you see we are having a fucking moment here? Come back in a week.

You'll live lads.