The Falkirk FC Thread

Renewed the ST's of me and Mrs Perrin today so no excuse for the club not going baws oot for the title with a couple of quality signings.

For those interested in such things the lassie in the shop said just under 3000 ST's sold.

Renewed the ST's of me and Mrs Perrin today so no excuse for the club not going baws oot for the title with a couple of quality signings.
For those interested in such things the lassie in the shop said just under 3000 ST's sold.

Similar number to last season with a few weeks yet to go. I would imagine the club would be fairly pleased with that.

I've not renewed my season ticket yet, a holiday at the end of July has resulted in us needing to wait until July's payday to renew so I imagine there's a few in the same boat. My mate who attended games with me last season has bought a season ticket for the first time in a few years though. 

Did I read somewhere that we have a new chairman? Anyone ITK care to shed a bit of light on who she is what she has in mind for the club?

Edited by Rizzo

I don't know much about the new chairwoman but she seems to come with plenty of wellwishers and always seems to make time to try and answer fans' questions so it's a promising start. Good news re season ticket sales, puts us well ahead of Pars and Saints, and only 1000 behind United. Not many excuses for Houston this season anyway

5 hours ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Never been able to u understand why we can't leverage our relationship with Ross Wilson at Southampton or our dealings with Swansea to get some really promising young loans in

I doubt he has strong links with the club as of previously he had with Pressley, I doubt he will have much sway on things unless the £s are there and if player loans will enhance the players, in which the 2nd tier of Scottish football wont.

previously, he has only really pointed Lyle Taylor towards us and that was a player that had nothing to do with him professionally.

4 hours ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Exactly we need to be more ruthless in leveraging. Lennon wasn't shy with Celtic last season. Appreciate bigger budgets but they must have some players in their academies that need first team football

tbf two loan players that had no chance of playing for Celtic and getting a % of their wage paid is hardly riding celtic, Id have said Stubb's had more albeit helped selling them Allan

45 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I'd be surprised if we sold another 200 before the start of the season though.

A decent league cup display in all the games which has press talking may enhance more numbers.

9 minutes ago, MrDust said:

I doubt he has strong links with the club as of previously he had with Pressley, I doubt he will have much sway on things unless the £s are there and if player loans will enhance the players, in which the 2nd tier of Scottish football wont.

previously, he has only really pointed Lyle Taylor towards us and that was a player that had nothing to do with him professionally.

tbf two loan players that had no chance of playing for Celtic and getting a % of their wage paid is hardly riding celtic, Id have said Stubb's had more albeit helped selling them Allan

A decent league cup display in all the games which has press talking may enhance more numbers.

Dust is becoming too positive

My sixes team:

McGovern

Leahy

Sibbald

Crunchie

Hippolyte

Latapy

Subs: Vaulks, Gray, Rogers

No need for anyone to be good in the air and quick feet all round. McGovern is still the best keeper i've seen at the club. I never saw Steinrod play so can't comment on his exclusion. I went to the games as a kid and then missed about a decade or so before I started going again so I missed quite a few names in the process that would no doubt have made other people's lists. 

2 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

I don't know much about the new chairwoman but she seems to come with plenty of wellwishers and always seems to make time to try and answer fans' questions so it's a promising start. Good news re season ticket sales, puts us well ahead of Pars and Saints, and only 1000 behind United. Not many excuses for Houston this season anyway

It doesn't put you 'well ahead' of us at all. We were on 2630 last Thursday. So we're certainly around the 2800-2900 mark by now. Very similar to where you are. 

Interested to know also if people are choosing based on favourite players or best players. My original list was based on best players but big difference when choosing my personal favourites.

McGovern

BSLM

Wallace - thought he was a class act

Lima - refusal to warm up at halftime was amusing

Aafjes

Vaulks - him amongst fans at Hibs game sealed his place

Although think I'm getting to carried away with this. Get back to my moaning...

Never been able to u understand why we can't leverage our relationship with Ross Wilson at Southampton or our dealings with Swansea to get some really promising young loans in

Yet somehow Dundee United have just announced a loan from them. There coaching staff went down to visit them and establish a link. [emoji35]

14 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

That's good going if so, because it matches the total for the whole of 2016/17 - and we're only halfway through July.

The fans yet again have done their bit

14 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

She has a hard task without new investment.

I hope she and her new CE get out and seek the new investment required and clearout the old guard