The Falkirk FC Thread

Looking at the statement with regards to the new backroom staff you get the feeling that next season is going to be massive for the club.

Its like everything is being geared up for a big push to get us up and out of this league.

This window has probably been the busiest ever for the club but you get the feeling that its going to be f**k all compared to the overhaul of the squad we are going to witness in the summer.

Looking at the statement with regards to the new backroom staff you get the feeling that next season is going to be massive for the club.

Its like everything is being geared up for a big push to get us up and out of this league.

This window has probably been the busiest ever for the club but you get the feeling that its going to be f**k all compared to the overhaul of the squad we are going to witness in the summer

All true, but is it also fair to read from that statement that we have pretty much given up any remote prospect of promotion via the play offs this year?

33 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

All true, but is it also fair to read from that statement that we have pretty much given up any remote prospect of promotion via the play offs this year?

I think the plan will be to really push next year, depending on how we do in February they might start to consider targets for if we go up through the play-off's. If we manage to pick up between 12-15 points in Feb then I think they will start to consider it more seriously  but that is obviously a massive if.

I think you have to assume that even keeping up our current (pretty good) form the teams in the top 4 should be able to pick up enough points to keep us out of it unless they all start dropping points like mad but that would result in teams like inverness and queens pushing up as well.

I think the plan will be to really push next year, depending on how we do in February they might start to consider targets for if we go up through the play-off's. If we manage to pick up between 12-15 points in Feb then I think they will start to consider it more seriously  but that is obviously a massive if.
I think you have to assume that even keeping up our current (pretty good) form the teams in the top 4 should be able to pick up enough points to keep us out of it unless they all start dropping points like mad but that would result in teams like inverness and queens pushing up as well.

Last years fourth place finished on 52 points. We would need another 30 points from fourteen games with Livi, Brechin twice and Dumbarton the next four to be in contention for fourth.
Agree it’s unlikely, but not impossible, but if I’m honest, i think you are probably right...

Just looking at the SFA website and came across this link:-

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish-cup/fixtures-results/

It seems that they think the game against Cove Rangers will take place at Montrose at 3pm on 10th February. As its their Cup I would think they know what they are talking about. It seems odd that the Club hasn't confirmed this; mind you communications isn't really our strongest area....

17 minutes ago, ATB1961 said:

Just looking at the SFA website and came across this link:-

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish-cup/fixtures-results/

It seems that they think the game against Cove Rangers will take place at Montrose at 3pm on 10th February. As its their Cup I would think they know what they are talking about. It seems odd that the Club hasn't confirmed this; mind you communications isn't really our strongest area....

The SFA site is now saying Harlaw Park Inverurie.....Maybe they don't know what they are talking about after all!

12 players out, imagine this as an XI

Thomson
Henderson Gasparotto Balatoni Gallacher
Craigen Kerr Blues Hippolyte
Austin Shepherd

Houstons last match day squad had 9 of these in it.
IMG_1517562209.877242.jpg
IMG_1517562215.436831.jpg

Add to that Alex Harris and Rory Loy who’ve completed 82 minutes since the turn of the new year. That’s between them.

Shudders.

20 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Good article in the herald this week regarding the academy. Another kick in the balls to the two chumps running the club.

More astonished somebody still reads the Herald!

3 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

£15 and £8 for kids to play a highland league side. Are they having a giraffe??

Don't bother going then. It's the last 16 of the Scottish Cup, and is a fiver less than we'll be charging for a midweek home game to Brechin. 15 quid is perfectly reasonable. 

Don't think it'll sell out but we should take 700-800 up given our form and the fact it's a novelty. Looking forward to right gid drink for it.