The Falkirk FC Thread

4 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Loy scored double the goals that el bak has  in much less games whilst at Dundee.

I was never that impressed by El Bak.

He seems 1 of those frustrating players like when Higginbothma 1st arrived at Falkirk.

Can beat you 15 times but if he doesn't score it's pretty pointless.

Still sign him though just to see Pars fans crying

40 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

I was never that impressed by El Bak.

He seems 1 of those frustrating players like when Higginbothma 1st arrived at Falkirk.

Can beat you 15 times but if he doesn't score it's pretty pointless.

Still sign him though just to see Pars fans crying

That totally misses the point about what was good about El Bak and is why AJ got so much out of him compared to other Dunfermline bosses (and Dundee ones).

Just because he has a fancy name doesn’t mean he’s some exotic tricky player.  He scored 30 goals from open play in his last season with us and they were evenly split between burying crosses in acrobatic fashion, mugging defenders to make space then hammering the ball through the keeper or hitting teams on the break. Dundee and Ross County (when two leagues above) didn’t cope with him any better than the League One defenders in cup games. 

Play him wide in a front three, launch aimless balls at him or play him in a deeper creative role and he’d be a waste of a jersey. 

1 hour ago, P475 said:

TBH, on a windy day like this Fais cant leave the house, he's so lightweight he'd need divers boots to keep him grounded. 

Pish.

He's got a decent enough evel of upper body strength to cope with open play and it's defensive confrontations. 

I never seen him being knocked about and off the ball with relative ease that often.

31 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

That totally misses the point about what was good about El Bak and is why AJ got so much out of him compared to other Dunfermline bosses (and Dundee ones).

Just because he has a fancy name doesn’t mean he’s some exotic tricky player.  He scored 30 goals from open play in his last season with us and they were evenly split between burying crosses in acrobatic fashion, mugging defenders to make space then hammering the ball through the keeper or hitting teams on the break. Dundee and Ross County (when two leagues above) didn’t cope with him any better than the League One defenders in cup games. 

Play him wide in a front three, launch aimless balls at him or play him in a deeper creative role and he’d be a waste of a jersey. 

Or it could be just that he was playing in an utterly pish league. One off cup games are never a good guide either or Alec harris would be a superstar.

5 minutes ago, Piracy said:

Pish.

He's got a decent enough evel of upper body strength to cope with open play and it's defensive confrontations. 

I never seen him being knocked about and off the ball with relative ease that often.

Just because you say something doesn't make  it right. 

Ask the guys that chased you off DAFC.net, they'll tell you the same thing. 

10 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Or it could be just that he was playing in an utterly pish league. One off cup games are never a good guide either or Alec harris would be a superstar.

Remember when we looked great in the Bet Fred last year playing nobody just before the real stuff started?

Seems Pars fans remember fondly beating all those posties and fishermen.

13 minutes ago, P475 said:

Just because you say something doesn't make  it right. 

Ask the guys that chased you off DAFC.net, they'll tell you the same thing. 

I disagree with your opinion.

Tell me a bit more about how Fais is lightweight.

Some level of substantitation if you can articulate it.

Otherwise it will remain pish.