The Falkirk FC Thread

Why?

I’d imagine he’ll use the game to keep experimenting and trying different formations and giving as many players game time as possible. Although not McKee, Harris or EdiBairn of course.

Exactly what the game should be used for imo.
Not sure I agree. This might be the game he plays most if not all of what he thinks will be the starting 11 next week. It'll give the 11 game time playing together in the formation they'll be playing next week.

If he does another experiment then it could be seriously detrimental as the guys will line up next week in another formation/starting 11 than they have every other game

1 minute ago, Rocco said:

Not sure I agree. This might be the game he plays most if not all of what he thinks will be the starting 11 next week. It'll give the 11 game time playing together in the formation they'll be playing next week.

If he does another experiment then it could be seriously detrimental as the guys will line up next week in another formation/starting 11 than they have every other game

Better put out a full strength lineup with a proper formation, I've got a tenner on the game. 

On 26/07/2018 at 21:37, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Crowd was 7116.

Our biggest crowd that season was 10,478 v Partick in the cup. Biggest in the league was 9232 v Dundee. Away attendances v Airdrie were 5000 and 8200.

I think they just felt bigger to those of us that were there...

Around 9,500 in the game at Firhill. I think the score was 0-0 as I remember little about it apart from the large crowd. Replay was probably one of my favourite ever Thistle games despite us getting beat. End to end stuff and the atmosphere was electric.

Around 9,500 in the game at Firhill. I think the score was 0-0 as I remember little about it apart from the large crowd. Replay was probably one of my favourite ever Thistle games despite us getting beat. End to end stuff and the atmosphere was electric.
Yes I was a student in Glasgow at the time and was at the 0-0 game and missed the replay. Not much happened in the first game, wish I'd saved my cash!

3 minutes ago, Bairn Necessities said:

Still hope there's another one signing to come. 

Just wonder who our "gem" is. Last year St Mirren had the boy Morgan, who was just a cut above the league. Year before Hibs had McGinn and Cummings.

Feel we might just be missing that one piece. Hard to get on a budget though..

Put all the names on a wall and throw a dart at it. 

My gut feeling with the signing of Haber is that it'll be Petravicius. He's got the pace to beat most fullback and doesn't look to shabby with his passing when he acts quick instead of overthinking it. Just beat the man, lump the cross in and let the bulldozer do the rest. 

22 minutes ago, Bairn Necessities said:

Still hope there's another one signing to come. 

Just wonder who our "gem" is. Last year St Mirren had the boy Morgan, who was just a cut above the league. Year before Hibs had McGinn and Cummings.

Feel we might just be missing that one piece. Hard to get on a budget though..

I was always more impressed with Henderson than McGinn when we were playing Hibs. Maybe it’s just the few games I’ve seen but I’ve never been impressed by McGinn.

I’m glad we’ve brought Haber in and hopefully he’s a lot more mobile than Mackin. Hopefully a full stregth team today and my starting 11 for the season has now changed. I’d still like to see us bring in a right back and we’ve obviously still to see greenwood(but currently he’s our only natural left winger other than Dunne) so I’d go with this...

Fasan

Muirhead Mcghee Dallison Robson

Petra Sammut TOE Greenwood

Haber Lewis

Edited by BairnNecessity

I’m glad we’ve brought Haber in and hopefully he’s a lot more mobile than Mackin. Hopefully a full stregth team today and my starting 11 for the season has now changed. I’d still like to see us bring in a right back and we’ve obviously still to see greenwood(but currently he’s our only natural left winger other than Dunne) so I’d go with this...
Fasan
Haber Lewis
that's pretty much the team I'd go with but swap Muirhead round with McGhee at right back. I'd like to see McGhee as the holding midfielder as he's more experienced and physical than sammut but we need him in defence. only other caveat is I've never seen Greenwood or haber play but guessing they will be better than what I've seen to date. a new right back would give us many more options. just need to see how it goes now...

9 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:
23 minutes ago, BairnNecessity said:
Fasan
Haber Lewis

that's pretty much the team I'd go with but swap Muirhead round with McGhee at right back. I'd like to see McGhee as the holding midfielder as he's more experienced and physical than sammut but we need him in defence. only other caveat is I've never seen Greenwood or haber play but guessing they will be better than what I've seen to date. a new right back would give us many more options. just need to see how it goes now...

Our option for left wing is Brough and up front is Mackin..