The Falkirk FC Thread

Does anyone know who the English scout is and what tea k record he has Mackin is not a Dud he's capable of scoring 10 15 goals at this level if he's playing for a tea.m creating chances. Sadly he is not the type to create something from nothing and will be at

32 minutes ago, Bairn Necessities said:

Does anyone know who the English scout is and what tea k record he has. I'm beginning to wonder if he is from Fife. 

Guest Back Post Misses

Will this be the longest period the club will have been out of the top league in Scotland after this season? Mid 70’s to Mid 80’s is the longest I could find. Meaning we are now the same length of time as then

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

What's all this chat about marquee signings?  Is it a requirement from Falkrik fans that they must sign someone they've heard of before?  Paul Paton or Froxylias for example?

Surely it's Hartley's job to sign players that will improve the team, not just get a player in to sell an extra 200 season tickets.

dont disagree but we always used to have at least one player you'd pay money to see at falkirk.   couldn't say that now.  The fans need a lift.

Guest Back Post Misses
Will this be the longest period the club will have been out of the top league in Scotland after this season? Mid 70’s to Mid 80’s is the longest I could find. Meaning we are now the same length of time as then

Had a quick check and it will be the equal worst if we don’t go up this season

Hopefully my wee pet project was of interest to some of you.
As I said previously, I've got the (post-war) appearance stats bent over and ready, but I think I'll leave them for the moment - things are too "interesting" on the park.
All Falkirk fans should have bookmarked two amazing sites for stats/reference/fact/snippets. They are genuinely worth their weight in gold. No I don't run them.
http://www.bettermeddle.org.uk/
http://www.falkirk-football-history.co.uk/
Cheers, R.

Well done RB. Very interesting. If Ludo has read this, THAT IS HOW YOU POST!!!!!!!

Hopefully my wee pet project was of interest to some of you.
As I said previously, I've got the (post-war) appearance stats bent over and ready, but I think I'll leave them for the moment - things are too "interesting" on the park.
All Falkirk fans should have bookmarked two amazing sites for stats/reference/fact/snippets. They are genuinely worth their weight in gold. No I don't run them.
http://www.bettermeddle.org.uk/
http://www.falkirk-football-history.co.uk/
Cheers, R.
This was a brilliant set of posts. Really took the edge off all the rest of the shite going on.

14 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Had a quick check and it will be the equal worst if we don’t go up this season

Yes, although to be fair we had to come up two leagues during that period and won the 2nd Div,  which was some kind of success (79/80)

39 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

Does anyone know who the English scout is and what tea k record he has Mackin is not a Dud he's capable of scoring 10 15 goals at this level if he's playing for a tea.m creating chances. Sadly he is not the type to create something from nothing and will be at

Mackin is playing at at least one level above what he should be if you ask me. He's a seaside league  striker as has been shown by his better performances against the likes of East Fife etc. 

Edited by Shodwall cat

41 minutes ago, Bairn Necessities said:

Looking at the scoring charts was magic. Well done RB.

Thing is as well, because of all the 1/2 year deals now, I can't see anyone we have getting close to those numbers in the next decade 

If someone is scoring at a rate that's exciting they'll be sold or pre contract elsewhere.

Thank you.

You really need two solid seasons, or one exceptional one, at the very least to be looking to get on there. And as we've seen with Farid and Lyle, more often than not they get pinched after one.