The Falkirk FC Thread

51 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Take St Johnstone.  Its not luck that they've managed to appoint 4 or 5 managers on the trot that have been kept them in the top flight 

We've only had three managers since promotion ten years ago. 

hated pressley, didnt want him. chucked my st at time because of it. total transparent con by the bod. think it was we got him to keep us up and if he did that he got permanent contract. he didnt but got one anyway.

shouldve went with eddie may.

felt sorry for eddie, was pushed into taking role, didnt want it and 6 months later he had no job. pressley was his side kick why wasnt he fired also?

houston did well for his time. so did holt and i wish he stayed longer but big bucks drew him away.

was pleased with hartleys appointment based on dundee and alloa but not now unless he turns things around  sharpish.......

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

I don't see the problem with fans askling why teams like St Johnstone and Hamilton are doing well over prolonged periods of time whilst we arent?Bournemouth are in the top flight because their being run well whilst clubs like Leeds and Shef Wed have been a mess for years.  Doesnt matter about your size its about what the bod and manager are doing with the resources and whilst clubs like St Johnstone and Hamilton and Bournemouth are making the most of there's you get clubs like ourselves, Dundee United , Leeds and Shef Wed that have made an absolute horlicks of it in recent times.  Surely we should be highlighting the likes of St Johnstone and Hamilton as how things should be done . Their doing things right we're not its as simple as that.

Bringing English leagues into it is a nonsense, Bournemouth did spend mega bucks to get to the promised land and got lucky, Leeds also but its a gamble, yes manager has to show the goods but so many in the 2nd tier have thrown serious money at it down south resulting in fines, transfer embargos etc

I personally bring our circumstances down to timing and bad decisions. If we were in the top league without Rangers, who knows where we would be now, we could've easily been in the same camp as St Johnstone, Motherwell etc

We also could've been Inverness, St mirren, Ross county.

Guest Back Post Misses
3 wins, 4 defeats. What should our record be given the fixtures we've had?

If you are going to be challenging for this league you should not be losing to Montrose, not getting played off the park by Forfar for 45 minutes, beating East Fife and kids more comfortably. And finally not losing to two average Championship sides.

I’ll give you the St. Johnstone result.

Over to you

I usually view games against QoS as just about the ultimate meh fixture but I have a real sense of anticipation that this could be a significant day in our season.

Obviously absolutely no idea whether it will be significant in a good way or in an our season is fucked in August sort of way.

Should know by 3.15 on Saturday.

16 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

I usually view games against QoS as just about the ultimate meh fixture but I have a real sense of anticipation that this could be a significant day in our season.

Obviously absolutely no idea whether it will be significant in a good way or in an our season is fucked in August sort of way.

Should know by 3.15 on Saturday.

will have a good idea come 2:01 when the team line up is announced :)

3 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

Whats unrealistic about Falkirk putting out a team to challenge for the scottish championship and hopefully play some decent football in the process?  If thats unrealistic for a club our size then we may as well pack it in now. We're now 11 months into Hartleys reign so its not as if he hasn't had time to get a decent side on the park.

The unrealistic bit is you expecting 16 signings to all be players that would have us challenging for the title. You said that several of them were shite which I don't happen to agree with. To be honest though the way that you come over sounds like you expect a magic wand to be waved and it'll all be sorted. Rips my knitting a bit.

You carry on though and just hope that it doesn't come good anytime soon, save you having to find something else to moan about.

10 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

The unrealistic bit is you expecting 16 signings to all be players that would have us challenging for the title. You said that several of them were shite which I don't happen to agree with.

On what basis do you disagree? Its definitely not based on their performances with us, so is it performance with previous clubs you are going on?

Just now, Bairn Necessities said:

On what basis do you disagree? Its definitely not based on their performances with us, so is it performance with previous clubs you are going on?

I disagree on the basis that I've seen something in each of them, bar probably Turner, to suggest that they could play a positive role if they manage to gel and are played in their proper positions. I've really no idea how they performed for their previous teams, especially the English unknowns.

42 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

If you are going to be challenging for this league you should not be losing to Montrose, not getting played off the park by Forfar for 45 minutes, beating East Fife and kids more comfortably. And finally not losing to two average Championship sides.

I’ll give you the St. Johnstone result.

Over to you

So you're happy to point out that it's not just 2 league games it's 7 competitive games, yet completely dismiss the wins that we've had in 3 of them?

I disagree on the basis that I've seen something in each of them, bar probably Turner, to suggest that they could play a positive role if they manage to gel and are played in their proper positions. I've really no idea how they performed for their previous teams, especially the English unknowns.

Guest Back Post Misses
So you're happy to point out that it's not just 2 league games it's 7 competitive games, yet completely dismiss the wins that we've had in 3 of them?

We have been absolutely rotten in those games too, that’s my point.

If we had shown signs of promise or gradual improvement then fine. But we have been shite for the vast majority of the 630 competitive minutes played this season