The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, DeeBairn said:

We offered him slightly less than he was on and he wasn't well paid to start with. That's not much of a margin to be slicing. 

Hartley chose to offer him less. He obviously thought he could get in better. Havent seen it so far.

The truth is Scottish fita us still living in the dark ages and is just a step up from the dugs in respect of transparency and fairness. Livingston succeeded because they are a bunch of chancers who fit into that mould exactly. Meanwhile we are trying to take them on with our tea party committee playing by the rules. We are not ruthless enough to win in the local Sunday league never mind in this arena. All this push about following the Barnsley model is a total joke, The English game is on a different business footing but us still full of chancers who succeed, H Rednapp, Allerdyce and the Egyptian who owned Harrods to name a few. Those of you who think the current set up will bring excitement are being unrealistic. The team on the park reflects the team in charge. Think back to the good old days when we had a total chancers in charge,(Geordie F and before him the 21 Yr old butchers  son) One was  faking a collapse in the stand to get away from the revenue the others paying bungs to whoever would sign, Andy Gray from the premiership Derek Ferguson, Stainrod and Maurice johnston and even  bloody Chris Waddle for f__ck sake. It all  ended with putting the club into administration (Al la livingston or Rangers) yet the teams on the park were amongst the most exciting ever. My point is your team on the park  reflects the people in charge. It doesn't have to be criminal it can just be efficient and stubborn  like St johnston or Kilmarnock. But on the other hand if you have an asshole in charge like Thomson at Dundee United or White at Sevco then don't expect success on the park irrespective of who your manager is. We are fortunate in that we have a sensible if very boring board most of whom are dull as a day out in Dunfermlineand and apart from MR have achieved very little in life . If you don't get my point just have a closer look at what we have right now on the park. I don't have a solution other than watching the premiership for excitement ( watching falkirk is  in my blood) though its like paying to be tortured for the last ten years  whilst wishing we could do a leciester or Bournemouth and punch above our weight again. (Who remembers the day we beat celtic to go third in the Premier ) We need change at the Top desperately and I suspect we are a more attractive punt than Ross County for f sake. I sense the meeiah is coming and he will lead us to Glory. All he has to do is win the lottery, give MR his cash back, thank him for his prudent stewardship that has been largely boring if effective and take us on a wonderful roller-coaster to the top.im I alone in dreaming of something better? 

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

He's a good player because he's played really well for us, including in games against Falkirk where it was remarked upon how good a player he was. 

And despite not playing upfront he's been really good, a common theme is that even with the players he's got Hartley doesn't seem capable of getting the best out of them. 

He's not been mentioned on here recently but Craigan has been fantastic for us, the way he plays is a a million miles away from the shitebag that Falkirk labelled him as, has a couple of crunching tackles a game usually. 

That's fair enough, I respect your opinion because you've possibly watched him in all of the dozen or so games that he's played for you. Shadwell certainly hasn't seen him a dozen or so times yet thinks he's a good player and that's completely down to what's said about him by you guys. (BTW I'm not suggesting that he's not a good player and did wonder if he may have come to us given the Nelson & Robson connection.)

And, anticipating that he'll jump on this and claim that Beadling's good because he's seen him V us, you folks say that Craigen's been good for you while he generally wasn't for us. I'm certainly not going to sift through all of his previous shit to find out, but I'd take a bit of a punt in thinking that, at some point, he's maybe suggested that Craigen ain't exactly a world beater!

38 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I'm asking who you would pick assuming you hadn't seen either? 

I wouldnt pick either without watching them. That would be foolhardy at best. Just because someone is in the chelsea youth set up doesnt mean their a world beater. Some of his team mates are at a far higher level these days although not with chelsea.  I would scout both of them. Watch them myself on a number of occasions and then perhaps even trial both before selecting.  Many Sunderland fans were disappointed to lose beadling who decided to move on even though sunderland still wanted him. I would be surprised if many chelsea fans even know who sammut is. Craigen was mediocre with us. He did ok if you were looking at a top 4 finish. We wanted to be challenging for the title though and hes not good enough for that.  Most of us were non plussed when he left as we were expecting better to come in and replace him. Thats the issue here. Craigen whilst not brilliant still looks a better shout than the likes of toe or sammut.

Edited by Shodwall cat

4 hours ago, Bairn Necessities said:

Don't agree that people want to be able to say "I told you so" either. Don't see how any c**t can get pleasure from being right on the internet versus seeing us being awesome, especially when you're paying a chunk of cash a week to watch the games. No one wants us to lose. 

Bless, you're new to this aren't you? 

5 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

I wouldnt pick either without watching them. That would be foolhardy at best. Just because someone is in the chelsea youth set up doesnt mean their a world beater. Some of his team mates are at a far higher level these days although not with chelsea.  I would scout both of them. Watch them myself on a number of occasions and then perhaps even trial both before selecting.  Many Sunderland fans were disappointed to lose beadling who decided to move on even though sunderland still wanted him. I would be surprised if many chelsea fans even know who sammut is. Craigen was mediocre with us. He did ok if you were looking at a top 4 finish. We wanted to be challenging for the title though and hes not good enough for that.  Most of us were non plussed when he left as we were expecting better to come in and replace him. Thats the issue here. Craigen whilst not brilliant still looks a better shout than the likes of toe or sammut.

Sorry, I'm obviously not explaining myself very well.

I'm not asking who you would sign if you were the manager but who, assuming you'd seen neither, you would prefer as a fan?

You're saying that Sammut is shit and Beadling is good and I'm trying to work out how you can make that claim? Remember that a specific player may play well/badly in a game or small number of games that you may have watched them.

From reading this thread I can only assume I've been asleep for four months and woke up at a time period where we've got 3 points from 19 games.

4 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

You're not.  They have much more money than Falkirk.

I meant punt as in an attractive club to invest in ie we have a much larger fan base and Ross County who are really shire level without their sugar daddy. 

1 minute ago, Stainrod said:

I meant punt as in an attractive club to invest in ie we have a much larger fan base and Ross County who are really shire level without their sugar daddy. 

One of my abiding memories of being a Falkirk fan was watching a friendly (or maybe SC tie) against RC when they were still in the Highland League. There was no terracing on the side of the pitch that we were standing at IIRC and two drunken Bairn's fans were simulating sex on the touchline. The linesman had to jump over them to get down the line.

6 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

Our fanbase is also split across loads more clubs than theirs. The potential support down here is much more diluted.

4 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

One of my abiding memories of being a Falkirk fan was watching a friendly (or maybe SC tie) against RC when they were still in the Highland League. There was no terracing on the side of the pitch that we were standing at IIRC and two drunken Bairn's fans were simulating sex on the touchline. The linesman had to jump over them to get down the line.

Better the fans simulating sex than what happened a few years later. I was there when the whole team got fkf 7_1*one  of the worst football journeys home ever. 

12 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Our fanbase is also split across loads more clubs than theirs. The potential support down here is much more diluted.

The POTENTIAL sits in our stand bored shitless  every week. How many more would we have than them if we had their sugar daddy. My guess is 4x

Just now, Stainrod said:

The POTENTIAL sits in our stand bored shitless  every week. How many more would we have than them if we had their sugar daddy. My guess is 4x

I don't think you understand what a potential fanbase is.

24 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Sorry, I'm obviously not explaining myself very well.

I'm not asking who you would sign if you were the manager but who, assuming you'd seen neither, you would prefer as a fan?

You're saying that Sammut is shit and Beadling is good and I'm trying to work out how you can make that claim? Remember that a specific player may play well/badly in a game or small number of games that you may have watched them.

Assuming id seen neither i wouldnt know who was the better option till i saw them in the flesh. Just because hes played for chelsea youths doesnt mean hes any good. I frankly dont give a monkeys where players come from aslong as their good enough to get us out this bloomin league.  Some of sammuts contemporarys are playing in leagues abroad of a far higher standard so i dont buy this wee boy needing to settle in stuff either.

Just now, Gaz said:

I don't think you understand what a potential fanbase is.

Well it certainly ain't sheep it lives in the central belt  and used to go to our games regularly. It I turns up for cup finals and would regularly top 6000 if we had a decent team. I don't think there are 6000 potential fans in Dingwall. You've obviously  been watching outlander to much