The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Back Post Misses
Should coming top 4 be the best we could hope for though. We were doing that with an academy. My bare minimum is challenging for the title this season. Surely we need to see some bonus of giving up on a structure that had made made us a lot of money over the years. We may not win the league but we should be up there when it comes to april. Otherwise weve given up our academy for hee haw.

The CEO, Chair and Manager at separate stages have all said we are going for the title.

I actually don’t think it was a marketing drive but the actually believed what they were doing was right. In some ways I do respect that. However they have made a roaring c**t of it on the evidence of 630 competitive minutes.

2 hours ago, Rocco said:

This thread has become ridiculous. How people can say this season is a right off after two league games is astounding. We haven't played brilliant but we also haven't been hammered.

I know that a lot of the players haven't performed great, however, these guys were scouted so they must have performed well and looked good in those games for us to show interest. I don't for one minute believe the performances we've seen are the same as the scout/Hartley seen, so it gives me hope that things will improve

You'd like to think so although you never really know with some managers. Taylor Morgan and Rory Boulding were on trial for weeks before being signed bh houston and are two of the worst players seen in a falkirk jersey. Would be interesting to know how many hartley had seen in the flesh, how many the scout alone had watched and how many if any have been signed on someone elses recommendation. You'd like to think players like petra and mackin had at least been watched by the manager which doesnt bode well really.

Edited by Shodwall cat

Not sure about this, don't understand any company putting obstacles in the way of customers buying their product.

Following consultation with supporters and our turnstile operators, we will be making some minor adjustments to our ticketing arrangements on a matchday. 

Following the successful launch of our TicketMaster website we would strongly encourage all supporters to purchase tickets in advance of arriving at The Falkirk Stadium.

We now offer a print at home option for tickets as well as mobile friendly tickets. A step by step guide on how to use these functions can be found HERE. 

As a result of this, our Papa John’s South Stand will operate with only one cash turnstile (Turnstile 17), Turnstiles 18-20 will be for Season Tickets and Match Tickets only.

Tickets for both the Main Stand and Papa John’s South Stand will be on sale until kick off from The Club Shop. To assist supporters, The Club Shop will also be open until 7:00pm this evening.

This decision has been made with a view to the Falkirk Stadium becoming completely all ticket in early 2019.

2 hours ago, Bigbrbairn said:

IMG_1738.jpg
Shad well outed

Got to say that is fkn brilliant. Reverend I.M. Jolly indeed! A highlight at New Year from Ricky! (r.i.p.) Pissing myself laughing just looking at that picture, a true Scots legend.

Edited by bairney

Not sure about this, don't understand any company putting obstacles in the way of customers buying their product.

Following consultation with supporters and our turnstile operators, we will be making some minor adjustments to our ticketing arrangements on a matchday. 

Following the successful launch of our TicketMaster website we would strongly encourage all supporters to purchase tickets in advance of arriving at The Falkirk Stadium.

We now offer a print at home option for tickets as well as mobile friendly tickets. A step by step guide on how to use these functions can be found HERE. 

As a result of this, our Papa John’s South Stand will operate with only one cash turnstile (Turnstile 17), Turnstiles 18-20 will be for Season Tickets and Match Tickets only.

Tickets for both the Main Stand and Papa John’s South Stand will be on sale until kick off from The Club Shop. To assist supporters, The Club Shop will also be open until 7:00pm this evening.

This decision has been made with a view to the Falkirk Stadium becoming completely all ticket in early 2019.

Get that tae f**k. Cash gates are a must. Stupid stuff from the club.

Positives

Fasan - not done much wrong
McGhee- our player of the year last year
Dallison- not showed much but rated by fans at last club
Harrison- steady with good performances
Aero- not a RB but he will give his all
Paton- not pretty but what we need
TOE- showed good movement especially when in behind strikers
Petra- fast as hell but juries out
Sammut- this boy needs game time in men’s game and won’t improve if he does not get it .
Irvine- 3rd year apprentice who will be a big player for Hearts soon
Greenwood- must be fit now
Lewis- needs to play central but knows where the goal is
Haber- a great signing if he can keep fit
Robson- a good left back and attacking threat
Mercer- not seen him

I admit that they have not knitted together ( this weeks version of gelling) but hope it is YET.
Have faith brethren have faith

10 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Positives

Fasan - not done much wrong
McGhee- our player of the year last year
Dallison- not showed much but rated by fans at last club
Harrison- steady with good performances
Aero- not a RB but he will give his all
Paton- not pretty but what we need
TOE- showed good movement especially when in behind strikers
Petra- fast as hell but juries out
Sammut- this boy needs game time in men’s game and won’t improve if he does not get it .
Irvine- 3rd year apprentice who will be a big player for Hearts soon
Greenwood- must be fit now
Lewis- needs to play central but knows where the goal is
Haber- a great signing if he can keep fit
Robson- a good left back and attacking threat
Mercer- not seen him

I admit that they have not knitted together ( this weeks version of gelling) but hope it is YET.
Have faith brethren have faith

Premier league here we come!!!

The result tomorrow isn't my main concern. What I want to see is us turning up from the start of the match, creating chances and scoring goals. 

If that doesn't happen, I'd be removing Hartley from his position tomorrow evening. Otherwise, we're going to end up  with no points from 5 games and heading towards the seaside leagues.

Edited by EdiBairn

16 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

I wonder if this is being driven by Ticketmaster?

Are we always going to have people scanning tickets at the turnstyles? Seemed awful labour intensive compared to the old system or are the scanners going to be attached to the turnstyles like the original lot?

Edited by Shodwall cat

6 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

The result tomorrow isn't my main concern. What I want to see is us turning up from the start of the match, creating chances and scoring goals. 

If that doesn't happen, I'd be removing Hartley from his position tomorrow evening. Otherwise, we're going to end up  with no points from 5 games and heading towards the seaside leagues.

Aw go just shut the f**k up mate.

51 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
55 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

Get that tae f**k. Cash gates are a must. Stupid stuff from the club.

Why are cash gates a must? We are well on our way to becoming  a cashless society.

If you can get a barcode on your phone or print out a ticket, what’s the issue? Old timers and technophobes  can get still get to the ground early and buy a ticket from the shop or get a season ticket.

Why are cash gates a must? We are well on our way to becoming  a cashless society.
If you can get a barcode on your phone or print out a ticket, what’s the issue? Old timers and technophobes  can get still get to the ground early and buy a ticket from the shop or get a season ticket.

Why force the issue?

I have a season ticket now but always preferred a cash gate before. Found it much more convenient, and I am not a technophobe. Lots of folk are.

Why make it more difficult for two lads in the pub on a Saturday to decide on a whim to come down to the game?

Makes it easier; buy booze on Wetherspoons app, buy a match ticket on your phone, get an Uber to the ground and less queues at the gate.

All done without rushing to the cashpoint, Falkirk Town Centre always have idiots in front of you, who have never heard of On-screen balance. much Easier.

Why force the issue?

I have a season ticket now but always preferred a cash gate before. Found it much more convenient, and I am not a technophobe. Lots of folk are.

Why make it more difficult for two lads in the pub on a Saturday to decide on a whim to come down to the game?

Because according to Shodwell they would be better staying in the pub as they would just get sober watching us

Who put 50 pence in this idiot?