The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Because my definition of a "doing" is losing three or four goals.

Those who're putting a negative slant on results are including league cup games and in some cases friendlies. ("no improvement since the first game", etc)

If you include all those, we've played eleven matches since the first game of the season. Not one of them has seen a loss or defeat by more than a single goal. Including two games against Premiership sides. We've been close to the opposition  - at least in terms of the thing that matters - scoring - in  every game since The New Saints.

So it's reasonable to assume that tomorrow will be no different. Hence why I don't think we'll get a doing. We might well lose and this post will come back to haunt me, but at the time of writing I think recent results suggest otherwise.

Assume away but I'd say we have more of a chance of a doing against a qos team who have the ability to give any team in this league a doing, not consistently over a season but on their day easily, they have more fire power than any team we have faced so far.

I don't see the measuring guide of not getting a doing against seaside league teams, st johnstone in 3rd gear and two league teams where one might scrape into the play offs, can't see both making it.

A straw clutcher is using the actual friendlies and praising it in defeat, I really should be singing we'll support you ever more(the losers song in my book)

I hope Hartley has read how to win games in the 2nd tier without playing 5 players out of position and two up top and also got a hypnotist in to hypnotize some of them to being footballers but we wait till 3pm for that as a team sheet at 2pm tells us fuk all with the usual x players out of position.

Hopefully we are surprised in a good way tho.

Ps a doing in my book isn't always goal related but a humping is 5 

Edited by MrDust

I doubt that's true though. Days out are hardly dependent on a football match.
You could make that claim if it were a Scotland trip, as there's undoubtedly fans in the TA who care more about the piss-up and getting away from the family rather than the end result. But at Falkirk where the "day out" is a Tuesday night game in Inverness during January?
Tell you what EB. Name one of these posters, and when I have time next week I'll trawl through their posts. I bet you I can find either an anti-manager, anti-player or anti-BOD posts from someone you consider to be a happy clapper. The only caveat I'll put in is it has to be a genuine Falkirk fan, with say a hundred post to their name and who's been active in the time you've been on this board. It won't be hard to find negative posts from Falkirk fans at the end of Houstons reign.

100% right, I try to be positive and give managers/players the benefit of the doubt and as much of a chance as the next fan. I was negative towards Houston at the beginning of last season and also by the end of Yogi's reign I couldn't stand the guy (not opening up this debate again).

I used to go to Scotland games and I don't see Falkirk fans in the same drunken states at games as I used to see at the international games. Falkirk fans go to games because they love the club and probably have been taken to games as a kid by a parent who likewise loved the club. It's in the blood and you see the same folk week in, week out at games.

The Falkirk Stadium during the winter can be the coldest place on Gods earth, you would hardly go there and watch some of the football we have been served up in the past just for a wee day out.

We were still pish in the 2nd half, you go on about us two off the bar and one sitter, thistle could've scored 3 or more too......all very much if your auntie had balls argument.
If we start off with one up top, we will chase a 1 or 2 goal margin in the 2nd half and lose more, Qos are more potent than thistle
The point is EdiBairn said he didnt care about results, all he wanted to see was creating a few chances. I was simply pointing out that in our last league game, we did indeed create chances, and that his post was bullshit.

I want a convincing win, but I'm got a fiver on QOS just to take the edge off if we lose. 
I did that last week against St Johnstone. No surprise it was a fucking draw and we conceded a few minutes into extra time.

4 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
8 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:
I want a convincing win, but I'm got a fiver on QOS just to take the edge off if we lose. 

I did that last week against St Johnstone. No surprise it was a fucking draw and we conceded a few minutes into extra time.

Don't be talking about draws. Either we win and I'm happy, or you win and I buy a case of beer. 

Don't be talking about draws. Either we win and I'm happy, or you win and I buy a case of beer. 
You back Falkirk, I'll back the draw, it'll result in a QoS win, I'll be happy because Queens won, you'll be happy because you'll be drinking yourself into Oblivion. Everyone's a winner!

5 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I used to go to Scotland games and I don't see Falkirk fans in the same drunken states at games as I used to see at the international games. Falkirk fans go to games because they love the club and probably have been taken to games as a kid by a parent who likewise loved the club. It's in the blood and you see the same folk week in, week out at games.

The Falkirk Stadium during the winter can be the coldest place on Gods earth, you would hardly go there and watch some of the football we have been served up in the past just for a wee day out.

The move to the TFS has taken a lot of the drink situation pre game out of it, the old days at Brockville pre some games I'd order a pint or bottle at 2.50pm in Elliott's, I rarely drink pre a game now which is a bad thing recently !

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
10 hours ago, MrDust said:
We were still pish in the 2nd half, you go on about us two off the bar and one sitter, thistle could've scored 3 or more too......all very much if your auntie had balls argument.
If we start off with one up top, we will chase a 1 or 2 goal margin in the 2nd half and lose more, Qos are more potent than thistle

The point is EdiBairn said he didnt care about results, all he wanted to see was creating a few chances. I was simply pointing out that in our last league game, we did indeed create chances, and that his post was bullshit.

I'd like to think Edibairn was merely touching on performance as we were still awful in the 2nd half v thistle and back to the long throw tactic, hoof into box to hit tall men, still if the creating chances v thistle is the bar....God help us

I'd like to think Edibairn was merely touching on performance as we were still awful in the 2nd half v thistle and back to the long throw tactic, hoof into box to hit tall men, still if the creating chances v thistle is the bar....God help us
Edibairn was talking shite, as part of his endless stream of shite. That is why I posted what I did. Not because I consider that "the bar" but because what I posted easily rubbished EdiBairns tired attempts to hide whatever his agenda really is behind some poorly thought out logic.

Maybe in doing so, I can make my own small contribution to the good of this thread and those of us who like to use it by chasing the moron/troll off it.

19 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

Your right time will tell . Hopefully we'll win tomorrow and look like a team for a change. I just don't see enough in these guys to have us challenging come April.  I hope I'm wrong and tomorrow is the start of a long unbeaten run. If we could at least play our strongest 11 with everyone playing in their favoured position then at least we would know what we've been landed with .

This is the most sensibke things Ive seen you post. I too would like to see our strongest 11 and consistently to make a proper judgement on where we are. 

14 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

He may go on a bit but is he actually wrong if we get a doing tomorrow ?

Yeah that's not what he said though. He doesn't care if we get a doing as long as we come out of the traps and create chances otherwise Hartley should be sacked the very same evening. 

CEO, chair, board, Jack Ross, St Johnstone, Livingston, Hamilton crowds, etc etc

31 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Well said, if we are all positive in the stands our good vibes will get through to the players emoji16.png

I think we are all positive, its the Hartley player lottery positions,formation and selection that's holding us back firstly, secondly some players 

Just so pleasing to get back to league business.Wolves v Man City as the warm up, then the big game, the Liverpool v Brighton as the warm down, then P&B for unbridled joy, or fear and recrimination. It’s what Saturdays are for.