The Falkirk FC Thread

8 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Just so pleasing to get back to league business.Wolves v Man City as the warm up, then the big game, the Liverpool v Brighton as the warm down, then P&B for unbridled joy, or fear and recrimination. It’s what Saturdays are for.

Sounds a gid day that tbf. Sinking any pints?

Edited by JinkyBairn

27 minutes ago, MrDust said:

I think we are all positive, its the Hartley player lottery positions,formation and selection that's holding us back firstly, secondly some players 

Fans can boo and make the players doubt the r ability and make errors. Alternatively they can sing in support as even if we were 2-0 gdown we could turn it round. Let's get behind the team for the full 90 and gi e them a chance. Once the games over and if we are pish again then that's different but we owe them  today. I recall two players ironically both who started at right back and were written of by me and others and both went on to become very competent midfeilders. IMc & SMc anyone know who I'm referring to.! 

36 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

Fans can boo and make the players doubt the r ability and make errors. Alternatively they can sing in support as even if we were 2-0 gdown we could turn it round. Let's get behind the team for the full 90 and gi e them a chance. Once the games over and if we are pish again then that's different but we owe them  today. I recall two players ironically both who started at right back and were written of by me and others and both went on to become very competent midfeilders. IMc & SMc anyone know who I'm referring to.! 

At a guess...Ian MacLeod and Scott McKenzie??

44 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

Do we go into games booing from the first minute ?

No is the answer and generally a fair bit at half time as our manager plays for an ugly draw first and foremost and changes 2nd half which against seaside league teams has been on the whole successful 66% of the time and not successful 100% of the time v teams in our league or above.

And why the quiz at the end revealing about as much as Hartleys teamsheet at 2pm

12 minutes ago, 60`s bairn said:

Ian McLeod  never moved to midfield and to show how bad our right back position has been in 20 or so yrs, he was competent albeit a but Andy Nicol and not crossing the halfway line

14 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Ian McLeod  never moved to midfield and to show how bad our right back position has been in 20 or so yrs, he was competent albeit a but Andy Nicol and not crossing the halfway line

Ian McLeod probably isn`t the answer to the question as he started in midfield for us and ended up playing right back.

27 minutes ago, 60`s bairn said:

Yes Ian mcleod came from Motherwell from memory and was at first abmismal the crowd were forever on his back, but he was moved to midfeld and got better n better.  Get Petra to RB Hartley ya scruffy we tubby knome. Greenwood ahead of him releasing him on the overlap. Ala hogan, Kennedy.  Kennedy was similar to Petra one  of the worst footballers ever to play for Scotland but one of the most effective chargers up the wing Ive ever seen. Unfortunately his final balloon crosses let him down, 

9 minutes ago, 60`s bairn said:

Ian McLeod probably isn`t the answer to the question as he started in midfield for us and ended up playing right back.

Maybe your right but he certainly started of pish and got better once we got behind him. 

Almost got it right but Mercer instead of Robson. Think Robson must have pissed on Hartley’s chips
There has to be something there. LWB is definitely Robsons best position so if we are playing that, for me he should be in possession of the jersey. Odd one. Maybe he just thinks Russell is better.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:
10 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:
Almost got it right but Mercer instead of Robson. Think Robson must have pissed on Hartley’s chips

There has to be something there. LWB is definitely Robsons best position so if we are playing that, for me he should be in possession of the jersey. Odd one. Maybe he just thinks Russell is better.

It's all about aesthetics wee Robson just disnae look tight any more playing wi these tackity boots he's taken to slipping on recently Probably his father's fae the pit.