The Falkirk FC Thread

On 23/07/2022 at 15:49, Back Post Misses said:

If it is that bad and you know what needs to be done to fix it why don’t you volunteer to do it? 

Due to your closeness to the board can we all assume that you volunteer at the club? I will be absolutely delighted if your answer is "yes" and fair play to you.

14 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

Have done on several occasions. Still to see an improvement.

If you look back at the previous posts it appears Jamie Swinney responded to fan who raised this on Friday, accepted there was an issue, said the club had identified it and a fix was being put in place in time for next week at some point. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

Guest Caractacus Potts
23 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

So Jaimie Swinney responded swiftly on Friday regarding the issues reported to him with the website, explained the reasons for it and said it should be rectified next week? Surely that’s good communication and exactly how the club should be handling constructive criticisms? Hopefully we park the website chat now and give the club its time to sort whatever the issues are. 

Don’t disagree but why not post stuff like that on official channels and the website itself so people can understand the issue? Not everyone is on social media.

Also reading that comment I read Jamie criticising Premier Sports yesterday for poor marketing of their product but does feel a bit pot kettle when our own website still has no mention of yesterdays result and our own marketing has been below par. 

Jamie’s grievance is valid but so is ours.

22 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

If you look back at the previous posts it appears Jamie Swinney responded to fan who raised this on Friday, accepted there was an issue, said the club had identified it and a fix was being put in place in time for next week at some point. 

I don’t do twitter! ……I also have a slight issue with Jamie responding to individuals (some may think no bad thing) but as CP stated, the responses should perhaps be made to a wider audience via social media channels.

I actually mentioned the website issues (fixtures, players, sponsorship, personnel) months ago when trying to get a Marketing person contact, only to find old info. Delving deeper indicated serious deficiencies within the site and at the time I made the comment that this is the public face of the club and first place to get info. Not a lot has been done since.

Maybe not of great interest to most, but it is a little bugbear of mine that the club still hasn’t sorted it out after 4 proper competitive matches into the season, when the problem was identified months ago.

20 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

So Jaimie Swinney responded swiftly on Friday regarding the issues reported to him with the website, explained the reasons for it and said it should be rectified next week? Surely that’s good communication and exactly how the club should be handling constructive criticisms? Hopefully we park the website chat now and give the club its time to sort whatever the issues are. 

Either I've got too much time on my hands or... no it's definitely that.

https://www.alloaathletic.co.uk/team/falkirk/

57 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

I presume by loan striker you mean Alegria as he's our loan striker.  Best cross of the day came from Mackie who got to the byline, popped up a cross across the face of the goal and Alegria nipped in to head over from a few yards. 

It's the simplest move in football and I struggle to see why our wide players can't do this most basic thing. They all seem to want to cut inside and go on mazy dribbles along the 18 yard line. 

I was on about Oliver, to be fair to our wide players the last few years we've not really had someone who's a threat in the box so I can see why they don't get to the byline and whip one in. The Conor Sammon header at Montrose a few seasons ago still haunts me.

2 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I was in the shop on Thursday and was told that I can use last seasons card as it will just be reactivated. I think it’s just new ST holders or folk moving stands who are being issued new ones.

I renewed and was issued with a new one and am still in the south stand.

1 hour ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Due to your closeness to the board can we all assume that you volunteer at the club? I will be absolutely delighted if your answer is "yes" and fair play to you.

To be fair to him he lives in South Yorkshire which obviously limits the ability for direct involvement.

He has helped the club over the years and one obvious example of that is the McAllister stand Legends banners on the side windbreaks.

Can be a grumpy bugger but his commitment to the club can’t be faulted.

2 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

To be fair to him he lives in South Yorkshire which obviously limits the ability for direct involvement.

He has helped the club over the years and one obvious example of that is the McAllister stand Legends banners on the side windbreaks.

Can be a grumpy bugger but his commitment to the club can’t be faulted.

Thanks.

Wasn't aware of his location and good on him for the banners.

2 minutes ago, Bigbri Bairn said:

The boy got onto the end of a cross which is quite rare for us recently

One of our pretendy coach "managers" - can't remember which one - introduced a new drill at the warm up for strikers. They had to run in and take a shot but then they had to attack a cross in the same movement. It was frightening how many couldn't get near to heading the cross. 

20 hours ago, bairn88 said:

Mcginn is everything I hoped Hetherington would be. Was everywhere today and very unlucky not to score with that strike.

A nice change to look forward to a post match managerial interview 

The first 10 mins Hetherington losing the ball whilst trying to shield it then McGinn in the same area wins a free kick shows the massive difference between both.

I'm still not getting the praise Hetherington is getting, still very much as above, poor passing and not commanding enough

19 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

Morrison is infuriating as f**k all to often he makes the wrong choice of pass, runs into traffic or just loses possession, his final product leaves a lot to be desired aswell. I actually think he's regressed as a player. 

I think he has lost a bit of his pace with multiple injuries, he can still be capable but pace was his strength.

1 hour ago, LeodhasXD said:

Either I've got too much time on my hands or... no it's definitely that.

https://www.alloaathletic.co.uk/team/falkirk/

A bit more time required fixing mobile issues of having to tilt phone to see full screen, some have their phones no tilt.

As said earlier it's not a big job but we don't know the background of the issues at the moment. A few hours for a professional fix and mins for an amateur quick fix.

13 minutes ago, Bigbri Bairn said:

When was the last time we finished top of any group. I cant remember

Was it not the season Loy came back? ICT were the premier team in the group, sure we beat them and pumped Stirling as well, can't mind who else was in the group. Only to get beat off livi in the next round. 

16 minutes ago, MrDust said:

A bit more time required fixing mobile issues of having to tilt phone to see full screen, some have their phones no tilt.

As said earlier it's not a big job but we don't know the background of the issues at the moment. A few hours for a professional fix and mins for an amateur quick fix.

Perfectionism is a curse. You can now slide to see the obscured columns. added <div style="overflow-x:auto;"> to the code.

Is it better to have an amateur solution that works or a professional 'idea' that's not implemented? Certainly in the short term it's better to have something interim that is functional rather than starting  with the form.

Edited by LeodhasXD

The new bod aren't perfect and will make mistakes but at least they are doing everything to try and improve the club. The last mob were not just   incompetent but down right criminal in their actions . There's loads still to do but at least we appear to be heading in the right direction.  That doesn't mean they should be devoid of criticism when necessary. They shouldn't get a free ride just because the last lot were a bunch of crooks .I've got to admit I never really use the website I just Google or use the sky sports app for any info I need.

Edited by Jackie Myles