The Falkirk FC Thread

13 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

Feels like Burrell excels at coming off the bench to change games, he will start some aswell, but i can see why mcglynns got him in this role 

Also by the time Burrell comes on, opposition defenders are nowhere as near fresh as he is. Knackering the opposition defence before throwing on an in-form striker. It’s a risk as it might not always pay off, but has up til now. 

Edited by GunnerBairn

5 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Think the idea is to make the opposition knackered then hit them with a fast strong scorer  Appears to work

Can see that definitely works for Burrel but don't think it can justify Oliver starting when we can have Allan starting with Burrel coming on with the pace in the last 30. Also Wright looked good today as well to be fair and is a third option

If we only had Oliver I'd be demanding Burrell start. But we also have Jordan Allan now, who seems to be similar to John Baird - Works hard and has a knack of being in the right place at the right time to stick the ball in the net. Let him pull the opposition defenders all over the place and then unleash Burrell on them after the hour mark.

Burrell's goals per minute ratio is very impressive and he's certainly earned a start. 7 goals in the league now and he's only started 9 matches. Burrell and Allan up front together might cause some serious damage 

22 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

If we only had Oliver I'd be demanding Burrell start. But we also have Jordan Allan now, who seems to be similar to John Baird - Works hard and has a knack of being in the right place at the right time to stick the ball in the net. Let him pull the opposition defenders all over the place and then unleash Burrell on them after the hour mark.

Burrell's goals per minute ratio is very impressive and he's certainly earned a start. 7 goals in the league now and he's only started 9 matches. Burrell and Allan up front together might cause some serious damage 

Agree Allan and Burrell could cause damage if played together. We ended up something like a 4-3-3, with Wright up alongside them. The pitch kind of forced McGlynn’s hand in changing formation, but if Allan and Burrell did start together, who else would we drop along with Oliver? A good headache for McGlynn and I’m glad it’s not my decision to make. 

Just now, GunnerBairn said:

Agree Allan and Burrell could cause damage if played together. We ended up something like a 4-3-3, with Wright up alongside them. The pitch kind of forced McGlynn’s hand in changing formation, but if Allan and Burrell did start together, who else would we drop along with Oliver? A good headache for McGlynn and I’m glad it’s not my decision to make. 

424 with Morrison and Kennedy wide imo. 

3 hours ago, GunnerBairn said:

Agreed on Higgy. I bet he wished he never ran up to the Falkirk fans so smug after he scored.  Loved the chant at 90 mins “Higgy Higgy what’s the score?” 🖕😂

So weird as well. He was basically loved during his time here. Not many fans had a bad word to say about him. Why’s he a proper mutant now? 😂😂

Lewis: "Talk us through the goal"

He could have said:

"Well, I could see that Rumarn was going to get on the end of Aidan's cross so in anticipation of that I took half a step away from the Kelty defender which gave me enough space so that when the ball came through to me I was able to get in a glancing header to direct it away from the keeper".

He actually said:

"No got a clue!'

I love him already!

Some really good posts on Burrell starting. I’m probably in the yes camp, as I believe he could do some early damage with his really good strike ratio. We should find out in the next couple of games whether M&S change a five win team, for me McGlynn will keep the same starting eleven and can’t see dropping Oliver. Thought Oliver & Nesbitt were poor yesterday. 

10 hours ago, Bigbrbairn said:

At the end of last season we had amassed the grand total of 44 points. Today after 22 games we have matched it. Improving greatly

I remember some not so long ago (November) saying there has been very little improvement. 

8 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

In my view Burrell is a great prospect who we should be looking to hold on to. Only just turned 22 so he will improve too.

I suspect he will want to be starting matches in order to agree a contract extension.

When he starts matches he has to play as he plays when he comes on and how he did at EEP. Too often he hasn’t when he has started. If he does play like that there is not doubt he should be starting 

45 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

When he starts matches he has to play as he plays when he comes on and how he did at EEP. Too often he hasn’t when he has started. If he does play like that there is not doubt he should be starting 

Once Alegria had left the club one argument against Burrell starting was that if he wasn't performing the only "striker" ready to come on to replace him was Gary Oliver. Now, if Rumarn is misfiring, we can bring on Allan or Wright. He's earned his place in the starting lineup in my books.