The Falkirk FC Thread

Oliver has been better of late but Burrell is a better finisher. Goals per minute stats are way better and unless we play another striker along with Oliver he'll continue to be judged on that. Up front v Alloa we had no wingers and Burrell had  basically no service.

McGlynns signings have been good though Sean Mackie the worst for me. 

23 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Oliver has been better of late but Burrell is a better finisher. Goals per minute stats are way better and unless we play another striker along with Oliver he'll continue to be judged on that. Up front v Alloa we had no wingers and Burrell had  basically no service.

Mackie was signed as a left back.

Guest Ecosse83

Never thought I’d be saying this 4 or 5 weeks ago but the starting slot up front is now Oliver’s to lose. We have goals all over now and Oliver makes that happen. 

Everything the club does seems to be a positive now, it’s amazing what a bit of momentum does to a club/team! 

I love Mcglynn!! 

2 hours ago, Springfield said:

Agree but McKay runs very close 

Whilst there's no doubt that McKay is very much improved, he's nowhere close to being POtY. I would have (in no particular order) McCann, McGinn, Henderson, Donaldson, Burrell, Morrison, Nesbitt, Kennedy and probably even Oliver ahead of him.

12 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Another woke nugget pops

Have you just used "woke" unironically?

If so, wise not to invite anyone to crawl back under a rock when you are so consumed by the right wings culture war that you are using a word that has no meaning and no use other than to be regurgitated back at something that "wasn't like that in my day"

20 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Are Ayr full time these day? Only reason playing a Monday night might give us an advantage 

Yeh, been full time since the 2017/2018 season where we won L1. Was a big part of us actually getting our shit together.

19 minutes ago, SouthStander1876 said:

image.png.16c1aacb1b2a7a283ef116ca9643e091.pngShoutout to myself and 10 others that saw this over a month ago :) 

Nah I'm not having this take either. 

Being up there and linking play well but not scoring or even really getting on the end of any chances (as was the case when he first came in as the lone striker) is not good enough. The difference over the last few weeks, admittedly probably because he was given the time by McGlynn, is that he has started to find these chances and continues to link play well. He has become that 'complete' striker that we need.

10 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

He was even more animated at fulltime on Monday. Every time I saw him rushing to the fans he would do the fist-pumping thing and turn away, and you would think that was him finished. Then ten seconds later he would grab another teammate and was rushing up to the support again. I think it's safe to say he was well motivated for the game. 

fulltime (1) .jpg

fulltime (2) .jpg

fulltime (11) .jpg

fulltime (12) .jpg

fulltime (13) .jpg

fulltime (22) .jpg

Liam Henderson FSC

3 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

Nah I'm not having this take either. 

Being up there and linking play well but not scoring or even really getting on the end of any chances (as was the case when he first came in as the lone striker) is not good enough. The difference over the last few weeks, admittedly probably because he was given the time by McGlynn, is that he has started to find these chances and continues to link play well. He has become that 'complete' striker that we need.

Now he's doing both, it's amazing! but before he found his goalscoring feet, I still think he was contributing a lot.

3 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Today is the day we hear about the re-arranged date for the Pars game, can feel it deep down

Remember every c**t needs to claim a refund at that point from the first game. 

13 hours ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Aye, Burrell is a better finisher IMO, however, he's only scored 4 when starting games out of a total of 9 (I think). Two of those were in the same game v QotS, one was against Wick and the other in the Challenge Cup v Partick.

The facts are that he's far better coming off the bench when defences are tired and Oliver's better starting because he can hold the ball up well, bringing Morrison, Kennedy, Nesbitt etc into the game.

I'd love to see Burrell starting games, running the legs off centre halves and scoring loads but the evidence points to that not being the case. We've hit upon a formula that's doing well and I think we'd be best to leave it alone.

I agree we shouldn't rush to change things but I'd like to see how Burrell would do in a straight swap for Oliver.  He hasn't had a chance to play that role with the support of Morrison/Kennedy etc or since Henderson came into midfield.  Too much changed in the Alloa game where we had no wingers.  

40 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Aye, Burrell is a better finisher IMO, however, he's only scored 4 when starting games out of a total of 9 (I think). Two of those were in the same game v QotS, one was against Wick and the other in the Challenge Cup v Partick.

The facts are that he's far better coming off the bench when defences are tired and Oliver's better starting because he can hold the ball up well, bringing Morrison, Kennedy, Nesbitt etc into the game.

I'd love to see Burrell starting games, running the legs off centre halves and scoring loads but the evidence points to that not being the case. We've hit upon a formula that's doing well and I think we'd be best to leave it alone.

It is clear to me MCGlynn looks on Burrell as an impact player now.