The Falkirk FC Thread

6 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

It was over 3k last I heard. Think we might get to 3,500 but I don’t see us getting to 4k. We won’t get many last minute changes of minds to decide to go down to the game.

Tbh I don’t blame your fans for not wanting to leave Inverness at 6/7 o clock in the morning for a 12.15 kick off in a 1/4 full stadium when it’s on national tv even if it’s gonna be a good game

I don't think even moving the game to Aberdeen would help ICT's numbers, only 30 minutes of a difference in travelling time. It's the 12.15pm kick off that's screwed things up for ICT.

Map from Aberdeen to Inverness
2 hr 38 min (103.8 mi) via A96
Map from Inverness to Glasgow
3 hr 8 min (168.8 mi) via A9

44 minutes ago, martin ritchie said:

I always thought amarillo was sung by the local band 'lieutenant stardust'  in Elliotts and it sort of got adopted by the fans that way, I've been going to games since the early 90s and it's always been there in the background since then 

I’m sure a certain poster on here who has links to Lt Stardust can clear that up for us.

12 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

Exactly , was it not the 90s it first became a thing?

I can't remember it ever being sung from before and including 97. Just remember randomly one time at brockville it getting belted out but that was late 90s, certainly wasn't a recurring feature until then. 

Edited by Believe The Hype

5 minutes ago, Hisingdoon said:

Tbh I don’t blame your fans for not wanting to leave Inverness at 6/7 o clock in the morning for a 12.15 kick off in a 1/4 full stadium when it’s on national tv even if it’s gonna be a good game

6 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:
I don't think even moving the game to Aberdeen would help ICT's numbers, only 30 minutes of a difference in travelling time. It's the 12.15pm kick off that's screwed things up for ICT.

Agreed. It's not just one issue (distance) that's the problem. Kick-off time, pricing and Hampden not being fit-for-purpose all contribute to fans staying away. 

The SFA should have the foresight ahead of the Euro's bid to redevelop Hampden into a national stadium fit for any size of game (and improved aesthetics for smaller games like ours) whereas at the moment we have a 1930's bowl with 1990's retrofit which suits no-one. 

I'll overlook the location as that's more to do with government and council to solve transport links and amenities but the SFA/SPFL could do more to resolve this perennial bugbear with using Hampden for less than box-office games - in some peoples opinions.

30 minutes ago, Hisingdoon said:

19 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

See, I don’t think the kick off time is that much of an issue. Maybe this is just because of how I feel towards it and some will obviously think differently.

Is it a shite time? Aye, of course it is but this is a Scottish Cup Semi Final. Granted we have been extremely lucky for this to be our third in 8 years but these things don’t or shouldn’t come a round a lot for a team like us. It might never happen again or we could be waiting 10, 20 or even 30 years so getting up at 5/6 one Saturday morning to travel to Glasgow really isn’t a big deal at all for me.

1 hour ago, PB1994 said:

I know the reasons for playing this at Hampden and this conversation has probably been done to death already but how good would it have been if this was played at say Tannadice. The place would be packed and the atmosphere would have been great. 12,000 or so at Hampden is just going to takeaway so much from it.

Tannadice is a shithole - no thanks 

1 hour ago, Blame Me said:

Agreed. It's not just one issue (distance) that's the problem. Kick-off time, pricing and Hampden not being fit-for-purpose all contribute to fans staying away. 

The SFA should have the foresight ahead of the Euro's bid to redevelop Hampden into a national stadium fit for any size of game (and improved aesthetics for smaller games like ours) whereas at the moment we have a 1930's bowl with 1990's retrofit which suits no-one. 

I'll overlook the location as that's more to do with government and council to solve transport links and amenities but the SFA/SPFL could do more to resolve this perennial bugbear with using Hampden for less than box-office games - in some peoples opinions.

Have to agree. Hampden is well past its sell by date. A terrible stadium with no atmosphere unless it’s full. The view from behind the goals or seats low down is next to useless. Its location is pretty naff as well, unless you live in Mt. Florida. Even going back to Falkirk after a night international match is a right pain in the arse. 

2 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

Tannadice is an awful stadium tbh and I’m not convinced if this game was anywhere other than Hampden that the ticket sales would even been as high as they are. The National stadium is a big draw, Tannadice really isn’t.

Only Easter Rd or Tynecastle as an alternative MAY have drawn a similar crowd but the Hampden factor can’t be ignored for me. 

Not so sure about nowadays given the costs involved, however, I think a game at Hampden can be a big draw for folk who may not otherwise attend as it can be a great day out. I was speaking to a Celtic fan this morning who took his wife and two kids to our last final because he felt it would be an enjoyable day out for them. Not sure he would have done the same if the game had been at Tannadice, Pittodrie or wherever?

7 minutes ago, Falkirkwheel said:

Are people sitting in their allocated seats on Saturday, or sitting wherever they want in their section?

North Stand is full and there will be loads of non regulars there. It will be allocated seats, or bedlam will ensue 

3 hours ago, martin ritchie said:

I always thought amarillo was sung by the local band 'lieutenant stardust'  in Elliotts and it sort of got adopted by the fans that way, I've been going to games since the early 90s and it's always been there in the background since then 

Stardust did it cos it was sung in Elliots for years beforehand. Certainly from the mid 80s if not beforehand.