The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

I'm fine with us keeping PJ Morrison, I'll even accept Nicky Hogarth. 

Tbf this looks like one hellish performance - but he kept 20 clean sheets this season. Must have something about him.

7 hours ago, ChrispPancake said:

the entire point of the post is that the fans should expect nothing less than promotion. The utter apathy of a huge section of the fans allows the club to continually fail with zero repercussion.

5 fucking seasons we'll now have been in this part time league and not once in 4 have we mounted a serious challenge.

The team is a disgrace. the manager is fucking clueless and the board need to understand it is not acceptable

Zero repercussions. The fans hunted a Board 18 months ago and put their own people in. Apart from that though you are right 😳
I still maintain something has gone off in the last 6 weeks. The Board need to get to the bottom of it. You don’t go from where we were to the last last week without something being amiss. 

11 hours ago, HopeStreetCadette said:

While the tie was a good as gone, the fact that Lawal didn’t get more minutes is ludicrous and should be talked about more.

He brings that unpredictability factor and the fact he barely appeared given the fact we looked totally out of ideas and creativity is mental to me. Should be getting a serious look in starting next season if McGlynn has any bit of credibility.

The reason for that is that our Land Before Time manager is a bit uneasy about a player who can beat a man and has trickery.

What use is Lawal when the instruction is to play a 3 yard pass sideways (or preferably backwards) or launch an aimless ball into the box for our non existent strike force.

4 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

I still maintain something has gone off in the last 6 weeks. The Board need to get to the bottom of it. You don’t go from where we were to the last last week without something being amiss. 

Its been more than 6 weeks, or at least it feels that way. Probably as far back as the 2-0 game at Dunfermline as they've not been fully at it since then. It feels as if the players thought that the league was gone and they were safe in the playoffs and almost gave up. It's hard to then get straight back to the standard they were playing pre the Dunfermline game. 

6 minutes ago, FK1Bairn said:

Its been more than 6 weeks, or at least it feels that way. Probably as far back as the 2-0 game at Dunfermline as they've not been fully at it since then. It feels as if the players thought that the league was gone and they were safe in the playoffs and almost gave up. It's hard to then get straight back to the standard they were playing pre the Dunfermline game. 

Ok 8 weeks

42 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

How is my name associated with that quote? 

Can only assume I quoted the OP from your quote of theirs and it's misattributed it to you. 

If it's any consolation I agree with your view on the original post.

I suspect we will never find out why the league season finished after the fife 2-0 defeat. However there’s got to be questions asked and whether the fans are informed is entirely up to those in charge, however if true that there’s possibly a podcast with some of the hierarchy, that’s fine by me.

Theres no doubt the cup run had a bearing on things, but why did the performances fall of a cliff after a decent mid term run of form?

Was there unrest with players? Did certain players down tools with McGlynn?  Did the announcement of Nesbitt’s two year deal wind up other players ? 

On our form, it looks like this for all competitions. 

January:

WWWW

February:

WDWWW

March:

WLWLD

April:

DDWDLW

May:

WLL

Sometime in March you can see where our form went. Probably after losing to Dunfermline. We won 9/10 games before that loss. We won 4/12 games after that one. If we're pinpointing where it started to go wrong, I'd say there. 

21 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Did the announcement of Nesbitt’s two year deal wind up other players ?

We'll come to regret the new deal if only because for the duration people will post how terrible he is 😒.

He's no world-beater granted but he's not as bad as some make out.

Just now, Blame Me said:

We'll come to regret the new deal if only because for the duration people will post how terrible he is 😒.

He doesn't win you games. Plenty of running and always shows for the ball he just doesn't have the end product. 

1 hour ago, FK1Bairn said:

the 2nd game at EEP was when the arse fell right out the season with the one exception being Ayr in the cup. we've been gash since then

47 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

Players like Nesbitt get absolutely nowhere near either the Dunfermline or Airdrie team. I don’t doubt he tries hard and runs around a lot, he’s got a fair engine on him, but for where we want to get to he’s nowhere near consistent enough and the decision to give him an extra two years (one would maybe have made sense) is baffling. 

49 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

the 2nd game at EEP was when the arse fell right out the season with the one exception being Ayr in the cup. we've been gash since then

I agree, that was the point I was trying to make. 

Question should be why did the arse fall out so dramatically? Fair enough the results weren't great but the performances were so poor and some of the defending was schoolboy stuff considering the experience we have 

1 hour ago, scottsdad said:

On our form, it looks like this for all competitions. 

January:

WWWW

February:

WDWWW

March:

WLWLD

April:

DDWDLW

May:

WLL

Sometime in March you can see where our form went. Probably after losing to Dunfermline. We won 9/10 games before that loss. We won 4/12 games after that one. If we're pinpointing where it started to go wrong, I'd say there. 

What was your form before January like, though?  Looks to me that you had a 10-match purple patch at the beginning of the year, which included a couple of cup matches and a couple of games that could have gone the other way e.g. deflected winner at Kelty in the last minute, Airdrie miss a penalty at 1-1.  There's no logic in taking that snapshot of the season as the base level to judge the rest of it.

FWIW, I thought the most concerning thing for a Falkirk fan about the game at EEP was the acceptance of the situation.  Midway through the 2nd half, we're getting on top but there was no guarantee a goal was coming.  We then get a debatable goal - looked in to me, probably didn't to you lot.  Falkirk players barely complain to the ref, trudge back up the park for kick-off and then barely lay a glove on us for the remaining 25 minutes.

Roles reversed and the likes of Chris Hamilton would have lost his shit - which might or might not have been counter-productive.  We'd also have stuck Todorov and McCann up front towards then end and tried something different.  Probably as much chance of going down 4-0 and ending up with 9 or 10 players as there would have been salvaging a point, but we wouldn't have been wondering what-if.

It's rare to feel comfortable in a derby match, especially one with so much riding on it, but I don't think even the most pessimistic of Pars fans thought Falkirk were coming back once Matty Todd scored the 2nd.

In short, your side play some decent stuff.  Sometimes lack a bit of cutting edge but really lack a couple of leaders to install some character into the team.