The Falkirk FC Thread

44 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I don't think I'll get in trouble for this as it's only commenting on timings rather than juicy stuff, but I'll put it up anyway. It might stop some of the "sign some c*nt" twitter posts which will appear as a reply any time the club posts things in the coming days. 

I was in the office after MacIver signed his deal. The gaffer came in, gave his quotes on the signing to the media officer and then said to both of us that the next couple of weeks would be likely be quiet. Offers have been made, but there's plenty of time before the window closes and so players are considering their options. At least if they're half-decent and have options available with several clubs interested in them. 

For that reason I think most or our transfer activity will take place later rather than earlier. If you think back to last season, the likes of Yeats, Kennedy, Alegria, Burell and Lawal only signed after competitive games had began. Going back further the likes of Rudden & McManus were the same. I suspect the same will prove true this year, so it may be a while before we hear of the next signings.

Or I suppose an agent could pick up the phone in the next hour and say "we accept your offer". Time will tell, There is nothing imminent that I know of.  

How many offers we talking about here BB? It's just numbers nothing juicy...

5 hours ago, da_no_1 said:

How you cants can sleep at night whilst the country is on its' knees........

Cheats.

We got the cash but the camper van is at his maws hoose in the kingdom - stop whining and enjoy your wee fife freebie 

Just now, Stainrod said:

We got the cash but the camper van is at his maws hoose in the kingdom - stop whining and enjoy your wee fife freebie 

And that where the campervan will stay,  because there is no money to fit vehicle charging points in Grangemouth is there, all been spunked in some fan ownership venture,   

you couldn't blacken you cants neck with a blue torch,  jumping into bed with the SNP and the Greens.....

34 minutes ago, Passionate said:

And that where the campervan will stay,  because there is no money to fit vehicle charging points in Grangemouth is there, all been spunked in some fan ownership venture,   

you couldn't blacken you cants neck with a blue torch,  jumping into bed with the SNP and the Greens.....

Blue torch? …..is that opposed to a green torch or an orange torch?

43 minutes ago, Passionate said:

^^^ The boy with the MAGA flag IMO

For interest just had a listen to Humza Yousaf's interview on super scoreboard. Ended up being a conversation mainly about the OF which was annoying since it was supposed to be about this new fund. But he did clarify the money could not be used elsewhere like in the NHS etc and I gathered has always been there as a loan for community projects (although this was only briefly mentioned so might have interpreted wrong). 

Guest Brockvillenomore
5 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Haven't seen it personally but by all accounts the kits a bit of a rotter

Pray tell and spill the beans ……

9 hours ago, Jimmy1876 said:

For interest just had a listen to Humza Yousaf's interview on super scoreboard. Ended up being a conversation mainly about the OF which was annoying since it was supposed to be about this new fund. But he did clarify the money could not be used elsewhere like in the NHS etc and I gathered has always been there as a loan for community projects (although this was only briefly mentioned so might have interpreted wrong). 

That’s Radio Clyde for you. In fairness the guy they sent interviewed Humza and me only about the loan but Humza then agreed a phone in interview so the Clyde producer made it all about Ange leaving Celtic etc and minimised the Fan Bank. We were on every hourly news bulletin however. 

Edited by Roboccop

Google searched O’Neills Falkirk FC and these images came up from a site concept kits so they are not our kits. Have to say I would accept something like both of these are they are like the Hummel Beazer Homes kits.

DISCLAIMER - These are not our kits

IMG_1945.png

IMG_1944.png

22 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Genuine enquiries.

• What happens if FSS income drops through the floor in a couple of years because the club launch a new fundraising initiative down the line that all the fans pay into instead, and FSS income drops to the extent it cannot make repayments even using 100% of income?
  • Or, given that the model presumes a minimum annual income of £87,500 to meet the repayment requirements based on 20% of income, if income drops below that and by year 20 you still owe a large sum of money?
  • Is repayment flexible insofar as it's 20% of all income full stop until repaid and expected to be within 20 years or is it set at £17,500 per annum and any excess in year one goes entirely for whatever purposes you choose?

7 minutes ago, Roboccop said:

That’s Radio Clyde for you. In fairness the guy they sent interviewed Humza and me only about the loan but Humza then agreed a phone in interview so the Clyde producer made it all about Ange leaving Celtic etc and minimised the Fan Bank. We were on every hourly news bulletin however. 

@Roboccop are you able to answer above queries please? Others have since suggested that the initial comment of 20% of income being used to repay the loan was just an estimate based on current income levels rather than an actual agreed term of repayment. Is that correct? Assuming it is and repayment is simply £17,500pa, what happens if you don't have sufficient funds to meet scheduled repayments at any point between now and the scheduled final repayment? Is it a repay what you can and it will just run on till it's repaid scenario? If not and it actually defaults what happens then?

For clarity, I'm not trying to stir things here nor suggest Falkirk have any intention of defaulting, I'm trying to understand the process and how it will work for all parties in worst case scenario.

4 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Google searched O’Neills Falkirk FC and these images came up from a site concept kits so they are not our kits. Have to say I would accept something like both of these are they are like the Hummel Beazer Homes kits.

DISCLAIMER - These are not our kits

IMG_1945.png

IMG_1944.png

They’d be far better all being the one colour, don’t like the sleeves . Always think the simple strips are better looking. The 57 cup winning strip for example, no idea why they don’t make them like that anymore. Look how well the new Scotland strip has sold for an example. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.