The Falkirk FC Thread

All 3 could be good signings but I'm far from getting carried away. 

I find it hard to believe that these 2 guys will scoosh league one as the Raith fans are claiming. They're also 2 players who the same Raith fans are saying they won't miss and the manager deemed surplus to requirements at a team who finished (checks notes) 7th in the championship. Both can't surely be true. 

As for Miller I have no idea though we don't have a great track record with Morton squad players in recent years. 

Hope I'll be pleasantly surprised! 

Whilst the business done today looks to be very decent (caveat: said for about the 127th time in the past five years) I still wonder about our central midfield options. Spencer is obviously a good, technical footballer but he's not providing much, if any, of the grit, strength, fight, legs, presence, fight, aggression that we've been sorely lacking in that area for what seems like an eternity. I'd be concerned if he's been signed with the intention of playing in conjunction with McGinn. He should be replacing him in the starting eleven, with McGinn still having a contribution to make, but certainly not as a regular starter. We were far, far too easily bullied (and in the Airdrie debacle, simply run straight through) last season, that's got to change for me. I mentioned Scott Martin last week, not that we'll get him, but that's the type of midfielder I'd love to see complement Spencer. Niang perhaps another one and surely realistic. 

Lang could be an excellent signing if he can stay fit, which could be an issue. Two years of Brad McKay is really enough for anyone. 

3 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

If the Hummel footage means anything, then this could be dangerous….🤔😂

It might be that the two mock ups that were posted on here the other week aren’t far away as they were based on the Hummel kits.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

8 minutes ago, AGPar said:

Whilst the business done today looks to be very decent (caveat: said for about the 127th time in the past five years) I still wonder about our central midfield options. Spencer is obviously a good, technical footballer but he's not providing much, if any, of the grit, strength, fight, legs, presence, fight, aggression that we've been sorely lacking in that area for what seems like an eternity. I'd be concerned if he's been signed with the intention of playing in conjunction with McGinn. He should be replacing him in the starting eleven, with McGinn still having a contribution to make, but certainly not as a regular starter. We were far, far too easily bullied (and in the Airdrie debacle, simply run straight through) last season, that's got to change for me. I mentioned Scott Martin last week, not that we'll get him, but that's the type of midfielder I'd love to see complement Spencer. Niang perhaps another one and surely realistic. 

Lang could be an excellent signing if he can stay fit, which could be an issue. Two years of Brad McKay is really enough for anyone. 

Watched a few Raith videos from last season. Not too convinced by Lang. Looked a bit rash and caught out of position a lot. 

Spencer looks like a younger version of McGinn. Likes to stand further back and looks very comfortable on the ball with a decent range of passing. Doesn’t look likely to go beyond the front 3 so can’t imagine we’ll see him and McGinn playing much together. Defensively doesn’t look too solid. Stands in position without affecting much and letting players run off him too easy. Tidy on the ball though. 

Think Miller will be a good addition to play around the wide areas and an upgrade on McGuffie. 

Edited by Van_damage

20 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Craig McGuffie, gents, any good? 

Scores worldies but are few and far between. Has the ability but more often than not just doesn't do enough. Game passes him by. He's also had enough clubs by now that if he was going to kick on it'd have happened already. I'd like to say he's a decent signing for you but he isn't. 

1 hour ago, da_no_1 said:

"Great signings for this level"

Fast forward to next March when McGlynn has royally fucked it up yet again.

Can't wait 😀😀

Well you can get it right up the Rovers fans and your fellow Pars who are all saying that. Thanks for popping in though.

Squad is shaping up nicely. Now the challenge is for McGlynn to get a formation that uses the squad to its optimum. RB still required as is cover in goal. 

Edited by Back Post Misses

22 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:
On 09/06/2023 at 18:12, Newbornbairn said:

New strip's a belter 

See this type of “ITK” thing, it really grinds my gears. If you can’t embellish on something then just say nothing at all. No one’s impressed that you’ve seen something before anyone else and can’t help but crow about it.