The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Ecosse83

Lovely kit, best one in years in my opinion. I think they were throwing us off the scent with they training tops they released a few weeks ago! 😂

13 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

Personally think it looks awful but appreciate I seem to be in the minority!

As long as we win in it, who cares.

You might be in the minority but you are definitely not alone, I think it looks awful too.

I know that the red sleeves are a nod to the steeple but it looks sort of like a lightning flash and the shirt looks like something Flash Gordon from the 1930s would wear.

Give me a plain, self coloured navy blue top any day.

Historiografia Flash Gordon - GeekBlast

27 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Are you all on drugs? That's an absolute stinker. Looks like an off the shelf amateur rugby jersey. 

And why does the red not extend on the long sleeve version? 😂

Because it would a be really long steeple and we are massive enough yah doughnut!

Edited by Sarcastic Bairn

4 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

Lovely kit, best one in years in my opinion. I think they were throwing us off the scent with they training tops they released a few weeks ago! 😂

I had a thought it might off been a throwback to the 1991 kit with the teaser video the posted with the old clips and it being that kit and the #newlegends in the captions but had some doubts if it was just a red herring and it was going to be a plain navy blue red collar and white shorts but It this does look better than a plain navy blue kit

8 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Are you all on drugs? That's an absolute stinker. Looks like an off the shelf amateur rugby jersey. 

I've extended some well deserved red to this post. 

56 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I think it’s decent enough but could’ve done without the red on the collar

I couldn't quite put my finger on why I wasn't immediately liking it like most of the other folk but I think this is it.

Now I look at it and imagine that Blue is looks so much better.

Now that I am accepting it for what it is and having seen the detailed shots I am sold.

Had wondered why the steeple went red in the video, now I know! 

Well done to Crunchy Carrots for better incorporating their logo.  

Edited by Van_damage

45 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I agree, it's shit! Who are those three that are wearing it to? Theyre shit. I think one of them is Morrison that used to play for us. Thank f**k he's away becaus he was shit! What's the Big slug thing on the front as wel cause it''s shit. Get two fukk fawkirk, youse are shit!!

BOOOOO fuking BoO

:yucky:angry:

Red socks as well, what a joke.

This board have obviously listening too much to the fans or the council.

If this was the old board they would be crying for their heads

Posted this on our thread, my tuppence worth on your new signings. Good lads, hope you look after them... :) 

A bit surprised to see Lang and Spencer drop a level. Probably an indication that we are not chucking silly money about and makes accusations of us being the Fife Gretna by some Bairns look a bit silly.

I don't know, but I would imagine that both (Spencer had an option in contract) would have been offered 1 year extension on similar terms so the fact they have both signed 2 year deals at Falkirk indicates one reason they have left. I'm not convinced either would have gone had we offered similar terms to Falkirk over the same length. 

I don't think we will miss Spencer, we have ample cover in midfield and the return of Ross Matthews more than fills the gap. I don't think Spencer fitted the way Murray wants to play. That's not saying he's not a good player though but  I think his wages will be better used elsewhere.

Lang however may be a bit of a loss. It really depends who we bring in at centre half. Just now there looks like a gaping hole but Murray indicated that we are in discussions with 2 experienced CH. If we get two experienced championship level centre halves then Lang will have been replaced. I've said before here that he was part of a defence that shipped some downright awful goals last season so is definitely an area that needed change if we are to progress.

I'm not sure how both will do at Falkirk. Their best periods in Rovers jerseys were when they had outstanding players alongside them (RH8 and Berra). I'm not sure either are as effective when they are meant to be the main man. They should be easily capable of dealing with League 1 though. 

36 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

I may be way wide of the mark so please forgive me if I am but, is it possibly to do with the compression tops players wear. I’m pretty sure they brought a rule out that the tops need to be the same colour as the top. So if a player was to wear a long sleeve and the red steeple went all the way down the sleeve then that could cause problems for players who like wearing short sleeve tops with the compression top underneath 

9 minutes ago, Rocco said:

I may be way wide of the mark so please forgive me if I am but, is it possibly to do with the compression tops players wear. I’m pretty sure they brought a rule out that the tops need to be the same colour as the top. So if a player was to wear a long sleeve and the red steeple went all the way down the sleeve then that could cause problems for players who like wearing short sleeve tops with the compression top underneath 

The original Beezer homes long sleeve was just navy, so kinda in keeping with that. 

Have to admit, I never really liked it when I first saw the video. But now I see the images it looks a good effort. Much better than the shite served up for years. 

I collect them, so I'd buy it anyway, but I'm so happy they haven't just stuck a Falkirk badge on a training top. I don't think it'll be a future classic like 15/16 but they've put effort in and can only be congratulated on that. I Can't wait to see the away. Hopefully this sells well and encourages more of the same. 

Had a look on the club shop website as well. The standard of stuff and variaty is definitely improving. Few wee things I'd get now. 

Edited by moanthebairns