The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, searchers1963 said:

Because you did even back in the Houston days when yo were doing alright

Houston was backed. Ultimately not by the board. You can't keep doing a job if the tools aren't there to help you succeed. At the end he had ran his course but the blame doesn't lie solely at his door. I'd add doing alright doesn't get you promotion. 

19 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Here's a question for a quiet Friday. Who is the worst manager we've ever had and why?

Lambie takes a lot of beating in my book. He managed to take a side 5th in the top flight playing brilliant football and get them relegated without as much as a whimper. Plus that stenny cup game.Some of his transfers were completely farcical. Davie Weir moving for peanuts basically and swapping Stevie Kirk for ally Graham. 

Just now, Bairnardo said:

I remember Lambie but not the details really.... 

I will go for Paul Sheerin. Hartley was a c**t, but his first season was good. 

What Sheerin served up was the most spineless football i've ever sat through. 

Not to mention he let Gary Holt sign his own son.

11 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

No it's still in place. The rubber crumb was being dropped onto the pitch when I was down today so I'd imagine it's close to being completed, as Ross mentioned. 

Should certainly be finished at some point next week and in plenty of time for the Arbroath game. 

How green was the black crumb? 😉

58 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Lambie takes a lot of beating in my book. He managed to take a side 5th in the top flight playing brilliant football and get them relegated without as much as a whimper. Plus that stenny cup game.Some of his transfers were completely farcical. Davie Weir moving for peanuts basically and swapping Stevie Kirk for ally Graham. 

I remember him getting the job, taking over from Jim Jeffries quite exciting team. His first press conference and he was saying that we'd be lucky to avoid relegation and that we need to bring some "auld heids" in to the team.  

Genuine "I have a bad feeling about this" vibes right from the get go.

14 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I remember Lambie but not the details really.... 

I will go for Paul Sheerin. Hartley was a c**t, but his first season was good. 

What Sheerin served up was the most spineless football i've ever sat through. 

Lambie ruined a great team,swapped Stevie Kirk for Ally Graham was a disgrace for one.

11 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Lambie ruined a great team,swapped Stevie Kirk for Ally Graham was a disgrace for one.

I remember how hated he was, I also remember Bannon being an utter catastrophe after him tbh, but I dont remember it all well enough to cast my vote for them. However, I vividly remember watching Montrose turn up to TFS and from minute 1, absolutely body Sheerins team in a display that ended up looking like a Prem team having a bounce game against their U17s. 

12 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

Houston was backed. Ultimately not by the board. You can't keep doing a job if the tools aren't there to help you succeed. At the end he had ran his course but the blame doesn't lie solely at his door. I'd add doing alright doesn't get you promotion. 

Doug Henderson and his “war chest” was to blame for the Houston era. Keeping money back whilst waiting for the so called bigger teams to get back to the premiership. All the while we kept out performing them on a comparable shoe string. I don’t blame Houston for saying it was his last season, I’d have been fed up too.

28 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Much more green than it used to be. I assume as it's same company it'll be the same crumb and ours is very green this time.

This will have been your third pitch in the same time span as our one? 

2 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

Swapped away Stevie Fulton and let Chipper go and replaced them with our record signing the seldom fit Derek Ferguson. 

I can’t remember if was Lambie or Bannon that we ended up signing a load of dead wood from hearts and hibs, Graham Mitchell, Neil Berry, Brian Hamilton and I still shudder at Joe Tortolano. Add in Walter Kidd, Stuart Munro and Wayne Foster and it’s no wonder we were plummeting from mid table premier to the bottom of the 2nd tier.

As for Hartley he’s equal 1st, a guy that in his first question of his press conference said nothing appealed to him in regards to Falkirk, “they came in for me” 🤬 and unbelievably it got much worse. First look at Scott Harrison and Tom Owen Evans made me think that the guy was actually ripping the piss right out of us.