The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Big chungus said:

With regards to the tifos display (which I think the Dunfermline young team do an excellent job of) our one against Ayr was absolutely class. I watched the game on the tv and it looked amazing ( can only imagine it was 100 times better in person. Could some of the money from the FSS maybe be put into helping the young team organise more Tifo displays? For the record I still think the best option for money from the FSS is to buy more shares but just a small donation once in a while to organise a tifo display could be an excellent use of money imo.

As currently stands this would probably need agreement at a member's meeting for FSS money to be spent in this way - and some would object. Also FSS has an agreement with the club that all monies raised after the loan repayment will come to the club (although the exact details of how are still being worked out now that all shares have been bought). 

26 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Absolutely no chance of an apology from me, deeply arrogant and altogether typical of “ultras” type groups to assume they have precedence over other supporters.

Sing your heads off, wave your flags, have your displays all brilliant and much needed but drums are self indulgent shite that add nothing to the match day atmosphere.

And yes I am a crabbit auld c*#t who served my time in the choir at Brockville.

I'm young relative to the assumed demographic on here but I really don't want a drum. Banners and singing to create an atmosphere are fine but drums are just fucking tinpot and bring nothing to the atmosphere. What next, a guitar?

5 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

I'm young relative to the assumed demographic on here but I really don't want a drum. Banners and singing to create an atmosphere are fine but drums are just fucking tinpot and bring nothing to the atmosphere. What next, a guitar?

Mind we're massive as f**k and the usual drums won't apply to us tho. 

purdue-drum.jpg

Edited by Bairnardo

1 hour ago, Bairn in Exile said:

When I was in my teens and maybe very early twenties I used to stand in the choir and sing away to my heart’s content. Then, as I got older, I wasn’t in the choir but I still stood in the shed with my mates, just a wee bit further along towards the Hope Street end. If Brockville was still standing I’d probably now be in the enclosure in front of the main stand or maybe even in the stand itself.

The only constant in life is change. We have had our day in the sun, time to move aside and let the new generation do their thing, however they want to do it.

Have to wait and see the reaction from the fans.

Suspect there will be a good few folk in the close vicinity to the drummer that will tell him where the drum stick will get stuck I they don't desist.

If there is a drummer then it should be in a set location every game so fans that don't like it can relocate.

That's fair. 

5 hours ago, Bairn winner said:

Don't give a rats arse if the young team bang a drum as long as we have a winning team playing decent football on the park, in fact they can bang ten drums if we have that.

Pretty much this. All this chat about drums / no drums,  vuvu or no vuvu, pales to nothing if we had a team piling in 4-0 wins every week. 

Atmosphere: the BB gymnastics at half-time, the Roadrunners, a big white bedsheet collecting for charity (getting hit on the head with an auld penny), change ends at half-time, a pee against the brick wall... 

37 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Have to wait and see the reaction from the fans.

Suspect there will be a good few folk in the close vicinity to the drummer that will tell him where the drum stick will get stuck I they don't desist.

If there is a drummer then it should be in a set location every game so fans that don't like it can relocate.

That's fair. 

On top of the Steeple 

1 hour ago, razamanaz said:

Atmosphere: the BB gymnastics at half-time, the Roadrunners, a big white bedsheet collecting for charity (getting hit on the head with an auld penny), change ends at half-time, a pee against the brick wall... 

These were the days you could bring a carry out to the game.

Then after the game a Sprint - Meeks Road to the 1066/R B Buffet - Railway bar or Hope Street to the Royal Hotel Bar (Jessy's) or the Newmarket.

All 4 had a loyal following of regulars post match (Royal Bar) was my one for pint's of Bass Export and watch the results coming in.

1 hour ago, razamanaz said:

Thats what i call football

10 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

These were the days you could bring a carry out to the game.

Then after the game a Sprint - Meeks Road to the 1066/R B Buffet - Railway bar or Hope Street to the Royal Hotel Bar (Jessy's) or the Newmarket.

All 4 had a loyal following of regulars post match (Royal Bar) was my one for pint's of Bass Export and watch the results coming in.

Standing in front of the radio rentals shop looking at full time scores

Drums are for Diddy clubs desperately trying to create a fake atmosphere. Look at who brings them to TFS - no mark nobodies. But that's exactly where we are just now, lower league dross trying to put lipstick on a pig.

When we're playing well and winning, we don't need drums. Hopefully we get off to a flyer and this is forgotten about. 

44 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

Drums are for Diddy clubs desperately trying to create a fake atmosphere. Look at who brings them to TFS - no mark nobodies. But that's exactly where we are just now, lower league dross trying to put lipstick on a pig.

When we're playing well and winning, we don't need drums. Hopefully we get off to a flyer and this is forgotten about. 

Also look at almost all of the bigger premiership clubs, their supports have drums. It's not a diddy club thing, it's just more annoying when it's a diddy club because there are not enough people singing along to it so it's just a mind numbing drum beat rather than part of a big fans group singing

43 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

I don't think it is just the drum. It is the depth of feeling being part of a group brings. I was a regular in the old choir and it has left me with memories that help keep me supporting even in the bad times like now. It the team won anything where did they celebrate? Right in front of the choir. YOGI after promotion.  A lot of people I knew in that group I still see usually in the KM stand. Falkirk till they die. An ULTRA group would make the same possible for generations to come

Just now, Bigbrbairn said:

I don't think it is just the drum. It is the depth of feeling being part of a group brings. I was a regular in the old choir and it has left me with memories that help keep me supporting even in the bad times like now. It the team won anything where did they celebrate? Right in front of the choir. YOGI after promotion.  A lot of people I knew in that group I still see usually in the KM stand. Falkirk till they die. An ULTRA group would make the same possible for generations to come

And the old drum was battering the metal back wall and the boards at the front

5 hours ago, Big chungus said:

With regards to the tifos display (which I think the Dunfermline young team do an excellent job of) our one against Ayr was absolutely class. I watched the game on the tv and it looked amazing ( can only imagine it was 100 times better in person. Could some of the money from the FSS maybe be put into helping the young team organise more Tifo displays? For the record I still think the best option for money from the FSS is to buy more shares but just a small donation once in a while to organise a tifo display could be an excellent use of money imo.

An idea I had for the FSS which I’ve mooted before is a 5% fund that gets voted on quarterly how to spend it. The options can be put forward by members and even divided in to short, medium or long term projects and the money split accordingly to each one that is voted on. For instance long term could be saving for a LED scoreboard, medium for improvements to facilities like decorating the Brockville Bar further and something like a tifo could be a short term project.

It would allow for more engagement with members and an opportunity to see first hand how your money is making improvements to the club. 

St.Mirren do something similar which as far as I’m aware has been quite successful.

5% shouldn’t make a huge difference in finances too but can produce improvements elsewhere that become visible. It may also help increase membership for any fans that would like to have a vote.