The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Back Post Misses
4 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

No, not every Falkirk fan, it's just BPM that thinks like that.

Think like what? You know my mind now? 

Guest Back Post Misses
5 hours ago, Van_damage said:

Well maybe not the last part but not everyone is glass half full. 

Some could do with a glass far less half filling. 

22 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Surely the only form that really mattered at this point was the form in the playoff matches ?

22 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Ffs I was only pointing out that Airdrie were not in much better form than us. We got cuffed, it was painful but it is gone. Fans need to move on now. 

21 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

It was both, we were in poor form going into the playoffs and then were catastrophically bad in the playoffs.

16 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

I know FFS, but Airdrie’s form wasn’t much better that is what I was pointing out. 

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Think like what? You know my mind now? 

You're always snapping at folk on here so your actions and words suggest that you are miserable and the way that you address people gives the impression that you treat them like dirt, ok? Remember, it's called social media. Be nicer.

Edited by Bairn in Exile

Guest Back Post Misses
2 hours ago, Van_damage said:

You’ve lost me with this. 

The amount of negativity gets me down tbh. The place is polluted with it. 

Guest Back Post Misses
1 hour ago, Bairn in Exile said:

You're always snapping at folk on here so your actions and words suggest that you are miserable and the way that you address people gives the impression that you treat them like dirt, ok? Remember, it's called social media. Be nicer.

you precious little scone. 

I have never hinden my identity and to that end I have had personal accusations on here, people trying to judge my character and even photographs posted of me with a Board member so don’t patronise me about behaviour on a forum. 

You and you band of fellow moaners are ruining this forum for me. There is never anything you are happy with. In fact I would go as far as you can’t wait for us to fail just so you can say I was right about McGlynn. You may well be right about him. But when he goes the next one will get 5 minutes to turn this ship around before a lot of you are on his case. 

I have always defended our support when we are being accused of being hard to please. But I can see what fans of other clubs mean. Yesterday an Airdrie fan posted about it. He was right, and I am a guilty as anyone for red dotting. 

I think it is time to cancel my account. 👋

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

I have never hinden my identity and to that end I have had personal accusations on here, people trying to judge my character and even photographs posted of me with a Board member so don’t patronise me about behaviour on a forum. 

You and you band of fellow moaners are ruining this forum for me. There is never anything you are happy with. In fact I would go as far as you can’t wait for us to fail just so you can say I was right about McGlynn. You may well be right about him. But when he goes the next one will get 5 minutes to turn this ship around before a lot of you are on his case. 

I have always defended our support when we are being accused of being hard to please. But I can see what fans of other clubs mean. Yesterday an Airdrie fan posted about it. He was right, and I am a guilty as anyone for red dotting. 

There are definitely more than a few posters with cup half empty syndrome but they soon disappear/stop posting when we win a few games. I’d say either accept or ignore them because the forum in general is actually ok and isn’t anywhere near as bad as one F was IMO, it’s definitely better than the drivel posted on the Facebook page and on occasion can actually be a decent read if your looking to kill sometime. Don’t take it too seriously. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

@Back Post Misses we've had differences of opinion in the past but ultimately we all want the same thing - a successful and enjoyable Falkirk football club.

I've found this closed season there have been weeks where it's our collapse and reasons for it endlessly regurgitated by the same posters.

It's been done-to-death and can't be replayed but it seems certain users have got very entrenched opinions, which frankly you'll never change.

I have found myself withholding from engaging in certain topics as it's probable I won't get others to see my side and hopefully I've learnt to pick my battles!

Sometimes it's best to lurk and let some stuff slide than get sucked into two bald men arguing over a comb*😆

* Apologies to any posters who are follicly challenged 

11 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Proud to be a Bairn brought up Airdrie. 
At no time did I absolve McGlynn. I have said consistently he needs a good start because of last seasons finish 

I said our collapse wasn't just a one of game against Airdrie, it was a whole last quarter collapse. Nothing to do with Airdrie's form. 

Take a step back until the league footy begins again and the normal posters come out. Thread has been polluted with garbage chai for 2 months cos it’s the people who have nothing to do with their day on it

I think the trick with this place is don’t take it too seriously and don’t spend too much time on here as if you do both it can piss you off. I tend to visit looking for the odd bit of transfer gossip or news.

There will be moaners who are never happy about anything and have their own agendas and there are those who never see any wrong in anything the club, team or management do. I tend to try and find middle ground.

The bottom line is we all want the same thing and we all support the same club. We are a passionate and loyal bunch, I would go as far as to say with the shit we have been served up over the years  and the way we have stuck by the club and financially backed the club we are the best support in Scotland, others may argue and that’s their right.

As I’ve said before I’ll give McGlynn and the new players a chance as I think it’s wrong to write them off before a balls been kicked. On the other hand I can understand those that think after the capitulation of the play offs he should be gone.

1 minute ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

I said our collapse wasn't just a one of game against Airdrie, it was a whole last quarter collapse. Nothing to do with Airdrie's form. 

We defo had a blow up around the ayr game but we actually won 3 out of 5 before the playoffs and only 1 loss out of 8..:it wasn’t a capitulation ala M&M. But who cares really - we completely failed thereafter and can see no repeat this year 

Now who's being precious? Although I don't think that you will cancel your account, time will tell.

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

You consistently slated numerous management teams appointed by previous regimes (deservedly in many cases) yet now all of a sudden McGlynn is not to be criticised because of who appointed him?

In the 50 odd years I have been avidly following Falkirk there have been more times to feel down than happy over what was happening on the field (hence my tongue in cheek "long suffering Bairn" user name.  But apart from a few select teams, every other team are probably in the same boat. Let's face it we don't support Falkirk because it's a good idea.  It's my home town, my dad supported them, lifting me over the turnstyles at Brockville, heritage, etc, etc.

In saying all that, when it goes right on the park it feels great and puts a spring in my step all week.  And that makes it worth it.

As for McGlynn, while last season was disappointing (being mild here), I would say he had it about 80% right.  Compare that to the past several managers who might have got it, to be generous, 40% right.  So I am backing McGlynn. This season is make or break for him, and us.

Edited by Long Suffering Bairn

4 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

He didn’t snap at me Tbf. We debated, our opinions differed and we had a bit banter.

I don’t know @Back Post Misseshowever we do occasionally interact on other social media platforms and imvho he’s a good guy that loves Falkirk.

We all get a bit carried away on here at times but the one thing we all have in common is a love of Falkirk Football Club.

So, when we are writing that harshly worded response to a fellow Bairn on here, that’s fine, however if any of us think it’s getting rude, abusive or personal then think before hitting submit and I’d suggest just delete it.