The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Blame Me said:

... By the Premier League teams. Still 50k at stake for clubs such as ourselves for getting out the group stage.

Every game now is about building momentum.

Wins breed confidence.

Not saying we should win every one but we shouldn't view them as blips any longer, realistically.

Poor focus and defensive lapses have to be eradicated.

Stop being so negative! 😝 (agree though)

1 hour ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Correct (apart from spelling Mainwaring wrong...).

This thread has become completely unreadable. OneF used to get the piss taken for being negative but it was a shining bastion of hope compared to the monotonous drone of negativity here. BPM was right to take a break.

I didn't leave OneF because of the football chatter. It was the racism and stuff that got me out. 

Problem today was same tactics. I want to see an exciting team playing attacking football. That was not on show. Okay it was a meaningless knock about but playing patterns are not changing. It did not work last season John and wont this season. Give us something to cheer and the drum will beat not the lovely passing around the midfield

Sorry I don’t buy this “it’s only a friendly” nonsense. Yes, if it was a new team with a new manager getting to know each other, but it’s not. This is exactly how we played towards the end of last season. Lacking creativity and leaking poor goals. We know we won’t get better as we’ve witnessed this before. What’s going to change this time? Because according to some, we’re going to hit competitive games and become Pep’s Man City.

Edited by Tea and Busquets

7 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

With Back Post Misses not here at the moment, who else that posts on P&B has pals on the board? Please, tell them to get McGlynn gone a.s.a.p! He has to go now, even giving him the first quarter of the new season will condemn us to yet another season in League One. He has to go now.

By the way, did I say that he has to go now?

Fucking hell you wouldn’t think we just lost a friendly.

2 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

You didn't even see the game?

You've got me there.

However, I don't need to see a fart to know that it stinks.

While I'm here, @Nkomo-A-Gogo, 6 red dots for all my latest posts, I really seem to have pissed on your chips, yes? What's your beef?

3 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

You've got me there.

While I'm here, @Nkomo-A-Gogo, 6 red dots for all my latest posts, I really seem to have pissed on your chips, yes? What's your beef?

Just had enough of your negativity. You and a few others are making the thread a chore to read and now this latest one . "We played, boring, sideways, ponderous, tippy-tappy, ineffective football. Sack the manager."

you dont go to the games so are taking this from what others are saying. What have you got? You have f**k all mate so give it a rest. He isnt going anywhere at this stage. Neither are Nesbitt or Oliver.

There are loads of good posters that just dont post anymore because of you and your like. As i said its a chore to get through now.

3 minutes ago, Nkomo-A-Gogo said:

Just had enough of your negativity. You and a few others are making the thread a chore to read and now this latest one . "We played, boring, sideways, ponderous, tippy-tappy, ineffective football. Sack the manager."

you dont go to the games so are taking this from what others are saying. What have you got? You have f**k all mate so give it a rest. He isnt going anywhere at this stage. Neither are Nesbitt or Oliver.

There are loads of good posters that just dont post anymore because of you and your like. As i said its a chore to get through now.

I'm going nowhere and I'll continue to post. I look forward to your red dots.

7 hours ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

If you just look at the first half, Airdrie didn't do any better than us in their game. 

Don't bring us into it,  yes we played the game like a training session,  Dumbarton didn't, we won 2 nil,   although we need to improve big time,

But like yourselves , like it or not the group stages are treated like a preseason, until possibly the last games if you still have a chance..

Falkirk should pish this league, but the problem is McGlynn a dinosaur,  he showed his true colours in the 2nd leg of the play off semi, a cowardly performance and he should have been punted then,   surely not getting promoted is unthinkable this season....on many fronts

34 minutes ago, Nkomo-A-Gogo said:

Well said.

Does anyone honestly think McGlynn is going to be sacked based on losing a friendly match ? That’s never going to happen nor should it.

Even if we lose all our league cup group games he won’t get sacked.

This season is all about promotion - the board believe McGlynn is the man to get that so let’s see how it plays out.

7 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

You've got me there.

Congratulations on hitting a new level on here, take some advice and step back.

There is a reason some genuine guys are not contributing/left, I’m not sure why you would think this is acceptable for a ‘fan’.

You can complain about negative fans on here but insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. McClown is going to play the same way and we know that’s going to fail. It’s therefore impossible to have any optimism. 

15 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

No. We played, boring, sideways, ponderous, tippy-tappy, ineffective football. Sack the manager.

You are a joke. You are perfectly entitled to your opinion on McGlynn and you may even be proved right at some point but to make comments on a game you haven’t even seen is pathetic. Take a day off will you

For Tuesday's game I'd go with the below. McGinn & Spencer together in games we're dominating the ball doesn't work and Morrison needs to play on the right hand side. I suspect we'll see Mackie over Mccann again but he doesn't offer enough going forward for me.

Hogarth
Yeats Donaldson Lang Mccann
Oliver Spencer
Lawal
Morrison MacIver Agyeman

Still needing some energy/power in the middle of the park, a right back and another option upfront but getting through to the next stage of the cup should help hurry those signings on.