The Falkirk FC Thread

6 hours ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Singing section being trialled for the next 3 home games.

Local hero being played before the game, select players having goal songs and a drum all starting tomorrow.

I like the idea of players having their own goal songs. A bit like individual ringtones 

5 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

I like the idea of players having their own goal songs. A bit like individual ringtones 

I realise that you all haven't had much to be cheerful about over the last few years but now having songs played for every own goal is getting a bit too downheartening 😉😂

Oh no, a bit of light-hearted fun at the ambiguous wording of a reply leads to down tick, whatever next?

Just to make it clear @Rennieball, I have never rejoiced at your club's predicament, languishing in league one. You should lighten up, not everyone is out to lay the boot into you. Honest.

3 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

My seat was Section B Seat 53 Row H

"Section B row I...seat 23."  From 1963 until 1988 when Dave Clarke`s ultra defensive tactics finally got to me. I ended up in the covered enclosure until "91" when I went back to a season ticket. Couldn`t get my old seat back though.☹️

6 hours ago, 60`s bairn said:

"Section B row I...seat 23."  From 1963 until 1988 when Dave Clarke`s ultra defensive tactics finally got to me. I ended up in the covered enclosure until "91" when I went back to a season ticket. Couldn`t get my old seat back though.☹️

Great memories from that seat.

When you came into the stand did you go to the right or the left can't remember the last seat number of my row.

My seat was on the left

9 hours ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Local hero is a tad unoriginal.  Could we not get a poll going with ideas for a song to run out to?

22 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Got to be a bit more aggressive than that. Something that lets everyone know that there’s a game and a scrap about to unfold.

How about PJ and Duncan’s seminal “Let’s Get Ready To Rhumble” battle anthem?

Best avoid anything directly related to Michael Buffer’s catchphrase at £2k a pop.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

3 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Great memories from that seat.

When you came into the stand did you go to the right or the left can't remember the last seat number of my row.

My seat was on the left

Section "B" was split by the stairs. The seat in Row "I" that I was in was in the part nearest section C (the middle section).  I think the row started at seat 19. I was 2 or 3 seats in. You must have been pretty much next to section C??

3 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

Local hero is a tad unoriginal.  Could we not get a poll going with ideas for a song to run out to?

I think this too. Think it’s great that the young team are adding ideas but I generally was happy to leave most tunes up to the DJ. Creating atmosphere after a goal isn’t an issue and normally most fans are out their seat for the teams coming out.

Problem with picking the same song is you get tied in to it and it becomes harder to change after a while. We already have Amarillo too which I feel is enough. 

Just play an upbeat rock song or something. Sure we had Kashmir and Seven Nation Army amongst others which done the job. They often play Thunderstruck at tournaments which is always a good song too but there are plenty to choose from and a lot of variety. As I said those aren’t the moments we lack atmosphere. 

Edit to add: Also should the players not get a say as to what their song is? 

Edited by Van_damage

1 hour ago, Van_damage said:

I think this too. Think it’s great that the young team are adding ideas but I generally was happy to leave most tunes up to the DJ. Creating atmosphere after a goal isn’t an issue and normally most fans are out their seat for the teams coming out.

Problem with picking the same song is you get tied in to it and it becomes harder to change after a while. We already have Amarillo too which I feel is enough. 

Just play an upbeat rock song or something. Sure we had Kashmir and Seven Nation Army amongst others which done the job. They often play Thunderstruck at tournaments which is always a good song too but there are plenty to choose from and a lot of variety. As I said those aren’t the moments we lack atmosphere. 

Edit to add: Also should the players not get a say as to what their song is? 

Gary Oliver’s is the best by a country mile.

It would also be good if a player picked a song with a ridiculously long intro such that the meat of the song never actually gets played…….Hall & Oates “I Can’t Go For That” would be perfect.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

For the team running out onto the pitch IMO you need something with a good opening riff or a strong start to lift the fans from the opening chords. I’m an old fart stuck in a time warp so apologies for this selection.

Slade – Cum On Feel The Noize.

The Rolling Stones – Satisfaction, Start Me Up.

David Bowie – Rebel Rebel, Jean Genie, Suffragette City.

The Beatles – I Feel Fine.

Bryan Ferry – Let’s Stick Together