The Falkirk FC Thread

14 minutes ago, AGPar said:

My take, from personal experience - and plenty on both sides will vehemently disagree, which is fine - is that Falkirk - and I am talking about more than just the supporters here - work themselves into far more of a frenzy about this rivalry than the Pars do. Obviously, their fans view Falkirk as a rival and revel in beating us, but I do not detect anywhere near the same level of intensity and sheer hatred that seems to emanate from our side. Last season was perhaps a microcosm of that. The home game on 5/11 was hyped up to a ridiculous level on social media, whilst Dunfermline appeared much more low-key in their approach and just went about the pretty important business of picking up three points and setting themselves up to cruise to uncontested to the title. I'd extrapolate that contrast across the whole season tbh. Perhaps there's a lesson there.

I just missed Leishman as Pars manager, although have seen the footage from that season. Both that era, and Jefferies Falkirk v Paton's Dunfermline were on a whole other level to the pale imitation we have today. There is no comparison. I personally find the whole "hating Fifers" stuff cringeworthy in the extreme and utterly small time. Possibly an age thing, but how I see it.

Some of the bile being sung by pars fans outside the ground as I was walking round from my car the last game at tfs was just as bad as the stuff coming from our boys to be honest.  You still get anti Falkirk songs at pars games not involving us too.  I think the fact they have a local rivalry with Raith dilutes ours somewhat though whilst we don't have any clubs of a suitable size locally to have another rivalry. It's Dunfermline and that's it.

25 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Not going to offer a reasonable response here as your mind is clearly made up that ‘our’ fans are the bad guys here and the Dunfermline fans are the good guys but I totally disagree. There are elements on both sides that are absolute scum but for you to totally blame our fans, well I can’t say I agree at all.

I think you are speaking through very bias glasses and your view is very balanced towards Dunfermline.

Nothing whatsoever to do with “bad guys”. Everything to do with extreme distaste for a group of so-called supporters revelling in the death of someone most of them would not recognise if you shoved a picture right in front of them. And, on that particular issue, you are correct, my mind is certainly made up.

8 minutes ago, AGPar said:

Nothing whatsoever to do with “bad guys”. Everything to do with extreme distaste for a group of so-called supporters revelling in the death of someone most of them would not recognise if you shoved a picture right in front of them. And, on that particular issue, you are correct, my mind is certainly made up.

Their fans done exactly the same about Craig Gowans and there was a Dunfermline fan charged with racist abuse of Myles Hippolyte. Their fans are not the angels you make them out to be.

anyone caught cali g them 'Ul***s' needs a boot up the arse.

Falkirk have never and shall never have an Ultras section. Awa' tae Galatasary if you want that pish going on.

f**k the drum tae, if they had any originality it wid be a full brass band

44 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Their fans done exactly the same about Craig Gowans and there was a Dunfermline fan charged with racist abuse of Myles Hippolyte. Their fans are not the angels you make them out to be.

Quote me the exact post please where I so much as implied that Dunfermline fans were "angels".

25 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Am I right in thinking that if Spartans win tonight, that we need to hope that Thistle and Spartans draw and no matter who takes the bonus point, as long as we beat Peterhead by 3 goals or more we qualify as group winners ?

I actually think if you look at the state of the other groups and the remaining fixtures that five of the other seven groups could have a second placed team finish on 8 points or less. So I think what we have to do now is try to thump Peterhead at home in the hope that 8 points and goal difference would be adequate.

Of course there may be a scenario where we finish top of our group but it’s looking pretty unlikely……

Edited by roman_bairn

I live in Dunfermline (or just outside if it) and they do have a genuine dislike for Falkirk. A few of the neighbours are Pars fans and they almost always know the Falkirk score each weekend.

I go to Tesco in my Falkirk top after games and probably like most football fans, the chanting and songs are directed to the majority and not at the individual.

I've never had an issue and often you get the odd nod of approval.

I think the Ultras is a wee bit embarrassing in all fairness but it's not my cup tea.

Ultras is a young persons thing, I’m not at all embarrassed by it but then I’m late 50’s and life has taught me that trends come and go. If it’s adding to the game experience for the younger folk then good on them and if it gets some folk attending games because of us having them who might not have become Falkirk fans then that’s a double bonus.

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Am I right in thinking that if Spartans win tonight, that we need to hope that Thistle and Spartans draw and no matter who takes the bonus point, as long as we beat Peterhead by 3 goals or more we qualify as group winners ?

2 goals. Either of them win (Thistle probably) then best we can get is 2nd.

1 minute ago, Springfield said:

Thought that the “young team” were superb last night. Albeit with trepidation about the drum, it wasn’t as bad as I expected. Absolutely despise “ultras” and we don’t need this pish. Why not “1876” 

The drum was hardly played. If they get a proper drummer, he won't be able to stop himself!

26 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Thought that the “young team” were superb last night. Albeit with trepidation about the drum, it wasn’t as bad as I expected. Absolutely despise “ultras” and we don’t need this pish. Why not “1876” 

Blue brigade? The union canals?

2 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

I actually think if you look at the state of the other groups and the remaining fixtures that five of the other seven groups could have a second placed team finish on 8 points or less. So I think what we have to do now is try to thump Peterhead at home in the hope that 8 points and goal difference would be adequate.

Of course there may be a scenario where we finish top of our group but it’s looking pretty unlikely……

Looking at the groups and the fixtures, I reckon it would take an unlikely set of results to get through on 8 points. There has been plenty surprise results so you never know. 

Dunfermline have already played all their games and are on 8 points with a plus 5 and likely to finish 2nd, so that needs to be our 1st target to have any chance... put at least 5 past Peterhead.... so that no doubt means Mcglynn will go 1 up top and try to sneak a 1-0 win! 

Is it just me or anybody else have issues any time they try to phone the club shop?

Tried umpteen times today and just rings out to answer machine.... last time I had reason to phone a couple of months back, I called 12 times between 1000 and 1330(I was that passed off I actually checked my phone and counted). I eventually drove down to the shop. expecting it to be heaving with customers, hence why they wouldnt answer the phone, and there wasn't even one customer in the shop?

9 hours ago, ChrispPancake said:

anyone caught cali g them 'Ul***s' needs a boot up the arse.

Falkirk have never and shall never have an Ultras section. Awa' tae Galatasary if you want that pish going on.

f**k the drum tae, if they had any originality it wid be a full brass band

I'm sure we had Ultras before......Il Ladross or something , they had a snakes & ladders flag and an aversion to Michael Higdon. Very sinister.

8 hours ago, alonso said:

Looking at the groups and the fixtures, I reckon it would take an unlikely set of results to get through on 8 points. There has been plenty surprise results so you never know. 

Dunfermline have already played all their games and are on 8 points with a plus 5 and likely to finish 2nd, so that needs to be our 1st target to have any chance... put at least 5 past Peterhead.... so that no doubt means Mcglynn will go 1 up top and try to sneak a 1-0 win! 

If Spartans and Partick draw, and we win, then we top the group regardless of who gets their bonus point do we not?