The Falkirk FC Thread

As people have said, the first half was awful with tones of years past. However and thankfully, second half was very pleasing.

Until a RB and a new CB is found (Donaldson's pass back without even looking nearly cost us), we cannot allow teams to pressure us.

Looking forward to the league season and hopefully we can get a good first quarter.

I’ll quite happily take a red dot for saying it’s unacceptable for fans to offer to fight our players btw, I’ve seen some people try and defend it by saying but he is playing terribly so deserves it. These “fans” shouldn’t be anywhere near our club.

12 hours ago, AGPar said:

The upside of that particular coin being that he'll also be responsible for winning us a few points this season. I enjoyed watching Agyeman today - at least he is willing to be direct and take his man on. We've had precious few of them over the years. Thought he provided a bit of spark to a largely dull, colourless team. Miller as well when he came on. I'd take one Agyeman over a hundred Gary Olivers. A total plodder. Unfortunately the central midfield options are simply not good enough for a team with title aspirations. Utterly powderpuff. Any half-decent midfield we come up against will run right through us with zero resistance. All too familiar.

Can't compare Agyeman with Oliver. Oliver has a football brain miles ahead of most of his team mates and is very capable dropping into midfield, getting on the ball and creating space for other players. 

52 minutes ago, FFC1982 said:

Hendo in for McGinn and Miller and Oliver rotating

Oliver should be nowhere near this team unless injuries are dire.

The problem with what you are saying is it implies our manager mysteriously overnight will stop making the same selection errors he has for 12 months now.

I'm not sure where that belief comes from.

18 minutes ago, FFC1982 said:

I’ll quite happily take a red dot for saying it’s unacceptable for fans to offer to fight our players btw, I’ve seen some people try and defend it by saying but he is playing terribly so deserves it. These “fans” shouldn’t be anywhere near our club.

Would find it depressing if you did get red dotted for believing fans shouldn’t ask players for a fight due to bad performances. 

Been posted recently about it being the anniversary of Paul McGrillens death. Fans sometimes seem to forget players are human and somehow think that kind of behaviour is acceptable just because they have a bad game for their team. If Donaldson is playing bad then he should be dropped but Christ knows what may be going on in his life. 

Just now, Van_damage said:

Would find it depressing if you did get red dotted for believing fans shouldn’t ask players for a fight due to bad performances. 

Been posted recently about it being the anniversary of Paul McGrillens death. Fans sometimes seem to forget players are human and somehow think that kind of behaviour is acceptable just because they have a bad game for their team. If Donaldson is playing bad then he should be dropped but Christ knows what may be going on in his life. 

You and me both mate. Mental health too often gets ignored and I often think about how anyone would perform taking what the players will take on a weekly basis. I’m all for dropping players if they aren’t going through a good spell but once it gets personal, a line has been crossed.

47 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Oliver should be nowhere near this team unless injuries are dire.

The problem with what you are saying is it implies our manager mysteriously overnight will stop making the same selection errors he has for 12 months now.

I'm not sure where that belief comes from.

Oliver has a big role to play in the right type of game. As it stands, I'd personally have him sitting just in front of Spencer and Henderson in a midfield 3.

Having somebody behind a central striker who can drop in, create space for either sitting midfielder to go beyond or create a channel for a wide man to cut in is a major asset. Apart from possibly Nisbet, we have nobody who really suits that role. Miller is predominantly a wide player and Lawal doesn't have the brain for it. That's why Oliver is important.

From what I’m reading on here, did a ‘fan’ ask Col Donaldson to step outside ? If that’s the case, surely there will have been people that seen it and can identify who did it ?

As everyone else has said, this is unacceptable and whoever done this is a disgrace who I don’t want anywhere near my club.

The lads had a poor run of form but do these arseholes think he goes onto the pitch and deliberately plays poorly - no he doesn’t. Do they also think that by threatening him it will help his confidence - no it won’t.

We all have our own thoughts and opinions about what’s went on at our club over the last 5 years, but threatening a player of any club, especially our own is crossing the line.

If he plays on Saturday, I for one will be making more of an effort to get right behind him.

I’ll not lie - this has really pissed me off.

Terrible first half, much better second half. Our main issue this season will be McGlynn's reluctance to bench McGinn.

Spencer is some player, his spray out to Yeats for our second goal was delicious. Miller looks like a good option in the middle of the park as the 10 and I'd have him starting in there next week. A goal & assist for MacIver, "the diddy who's stats clearly show he's shite" with 3 goals in 4 games. 

If someone has offered Donaldson outside then they should hang their head in shame. 

I’ve said previously on here that I think McGlynn should be telling Coll just to keep things simple to help build his confidence. This Man City style playing out from the back maybe isn’t suited to a Scottish League One player who looks low in confidence at the moment.

A lot of our issues could be solved by using McGinn sparingly, we looked a far more mobile team in the second half yesterday.

I've not been Donaldson's biggest fan but I honestly felt sorry for him yesterday. Our midfield had a shocking 1st half but McGinn in particular and Donaldson and the other guys in defence had no outball at all.

I'm more worried that McGlynn has a starting XI already picked and it is no where near our best XI.

Peterhead were poor in the second half after we started running at them but we can't expect to go behind this season and be able to score at least 2 every game.

5 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

A lot of our issues could be solved by using McGinn sparingly, we looked a far more mobile team in the second half yesterday.

We’ll see next Saturday when McGlynn announces his starting eleven. Don’t be surprised to see McGinn starting. 

Just now, Springfield said:

We’ll see next Saturday when McGlynn announces his starting eleven. Don’t be surprised to see McGinn starting. 

That is my biggest fear. I honestly think we have the players to get out this league with a bit to spare but I’m not convinced we have the manager to utilise them correctly and not just rely on his favourites.

23 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Terrible first half, much better second half. Our main issue this season will be McGlynn's reluctance to bench McGinn.

Spencer is some player, his spray out to Yeats for our second goal was delicious. Miller looks like a good option in the middle of the park as the 10 and I'd have him starting in there next week. A goal & assist for MacIver, "the diddy who's stats clearly show he's shite" with 3 goals in 4 games. 

It was also his quick pass inside to Henderson which helped lead to Miller's goal. (Obviously he was at fault for the Peterhead goal, but these things happen and there was plenty time to stop the attack after that.)

As poor as Donaldson has been we simply can't drop him when the only other option is Brad McKay. 

Fixing the defence should have been our no.1 priority in the summer. An experienced keeper, RB and 2 X centre halves were needed. Hamstrung again by long contracts stopping us from moving players like Donaldson, Mackie & McKay on in the summer. 

1 minute ago, printer said:

It was also his quick pass inside to Henderson which helped lead to Miller's goal. (Obviously he was at fault for the Peterhead goal, but these things happen and there was plenty time to stop the attack after that.)

I’ve been quite impressed with Ross so far and I think he’s shown he can play up top on his own. I’d love to see how him and Jordan Allan could pair up together but that’s unlikely to happen.  His return of 3 in 4 is great and hopefully he can keep bagging some goals.