The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, bairn88 said:

Will give you Kelly but Neilson was pretty good when he was here imo despite being very young

I thought Neilson looked like he had good potential as with McLelland but seem to remember both getting a bit of stick after impressing in the first couple of games. Just don’t think anyone would have expected them to have played regularly in the Premiership as the point made regarding Krasniqui. 

Just now, Van_damage said:

I thought Neilson looked like he had good potential as with McLelland but seem to remember both getting a bit of stick after impressing in the first couple of games. Just don’t think anyone would have expected them to have played regularly in the Premiership as the point made regarding Krasniqui. 

Quite liked big Krasniqui. Always thought he didn't get enough show time at the Stadium. 

51 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

Quite liked big Krasniqui. Always thought he didn't get enough show time at the Stadium. 

I'd have liked to have seen more of Krasniqui but our manager at the time rated Hetherington and Michael Ruth for the first 11. 

As for Nielson, looked decent but fell off a cliff at the end, Pele, beckenbauer etc would've too under a Holt management.

We have had some decent loans in recent years and I'm hopeful some will come in once the season starts, sure we got a couple in pre our 2nd league game last season.

4 minutes ago, Bairns1994 said:

Bought my season ticket last night but never got the option to collect or post to my address, anyone know if it'll just be delivered to my address as standard or will I have to call the club shop? 

I've emailed but no response yet.

Was this a renewal?

When I renewed I expected I'd just keep using the one I had (same for the kids renewals) but new ones eventually arrived in the post to replace them. 

1 minute ago, Blame Me said:

Was this a renewal?

When I renewed I expected I'd just keep using the one I had (same for the kids renewals) but new ones eventually arrived in the post to replace them. 

Nah it wasn't a renewal, it's my first season ticket in a while. I'll just assume it'll come in the post eventually, cheers.

5 hours ago, Juan Sheet said:

Didn’t you read the rest of my post??

The signings and re-signings of the likes of Oliver, Allan, Nesbitt and Mackie along with the inability to jettison McKay are why the squad is so imbalanced. The damage was done last season, add that to McGinn struggling already for fitness and it’s clear that if we’re to be successful this season we’ll be doing it by making things more difficult than it could be.

None of the players that you mentioned make the squad imbalanced. 

11 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

None of the players that you mentioned make the squad imbalanced. 

Without trying to be too nit-picky, the Mackie signing did tbh, we had Leon McCann and Hendo, that was totally fine no need to sign Mackie. Now we have signed Calvin Miller who was playing left wing back for Morton for 6 months. With no recognised right back and only one striker that fits into Mcglynns style of play I personally think it’s too naive to say there isn’t some imbalance in the squad. However, I’m sure there’s an imbalance in just about every team out there at the moment.