The Falkirk FC Thread

McIver has a big lad knack iv seem over the years from others, examples fail me atm, where he seems to judge the flight of a ball early and take about 3 or 4 steps in the build up to going up for it, and then seems to hang in the air. It's so weird to watch but highly effective. Tends to be the kind of striker that wins fouls rather than constantly give them away as he doesnt rely on wrestling to win his duels and it becomes obvious to defenders that fouling him is the only way to stop what he does. 

49 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

The only person creating the phrase “stretched targets” is you! If you don’t think the club has enough money to see the season out then yes! You are indeed a pitch fork lunatic! Don’t know how clearer JW could have made it there. Let’s see how the club fairs between now and this time next year! No guarantees how the team will perform but there is more than enough information out there now to clarify how the business will be fine in the short term which I’m sure again will be clarified at the AGM! Let’s see what happens in a few months time. 

Jamie Swinney ‘You must set targets that are achievable but also targets that are stretching’

Stretching, expanding, enlarging, they’re all just synonyms of increasing. 

He said the club must meet those targets in order to fill the gap. Did you listen to the podcast? 

Edited by Van_damage

16 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

McIver has a big lad knack iv seem over the years from others, examples fail me atm, where he seems to judge the flight of a ball early and take about 3 or 4 steps in the build up to going up for it, and then seems to hang in the air. It's so weird to watch but highly effective. Tends to be the kind of striker that wins fouls rather than constantly give them away as he doesnt rely on wrestling to win his duels and it becomes obvious to defenders that fouling him is the only way to stop what he does. 

He's also good at linking the play with the ball at his feet, he set Morrison through for what eventually turned into the 3rd goal and he done the same for Agyeman's goal last week.

41 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

He's also good at linking the play with the ball at his feet, he set Morrison through for what eventually turned into the 3rd goal and he done the same for Agyeman's goal last week.

Lee Miller maybe the best iv seen for ball to feet and holding it long enough for runners to overlap. Hold it, play it back to Kerr on the way out, send it in the channels. Worked or got a foul everytime. We absolutely have the players for that. 

7 hours ago, bairn88 said:

Paul McGowan suspended for Cove next week. Not someone to fear anymore but another little break I hope continues to fall our way this season 

Looks like they had Fyfie and Megginson missing out yesterday too. I know we “shouldn’t” be worrying about the opposition in the third tier but as you’ve rightly said, need all the possible breaks we can get.

42 minutes ago, Trump said:

Looks like they had Fyfie and Megginson missing out yesterday too. I know we “shouldn’t” be worrying about the opposition in the third tier but as you’ve rightly said, need all the possible breaks we can get.

Especially as we know a Rumarn Burrell goal is inevitable to make it 1-0

Feels like a big match already, chance to open a 6 point gap to a promotion rival. If the game comes a week too soon for Fyvie and Megginson to be match fit that would be excellent 

I'm going up to Cove for the first time, hopefully we take a big support. 

I thought we were pretty good yesterday, started the first 20 minutes well with much more directness in our playand then got a bit slow but i think we need to remember as a crowd that teams are going to come and sit in like that, to frustrate us and we should be a bit more supportive of the team or direct our frustration at the opponents.

They wanted a bad atmosphere, 10 men behind the ball, time wasting right from the start of the game and that's got half our crowd shouting at our own team.

Second half we were better again, got a good goal and they couldn't keep that up any longer and we battered them. 

I think Donaldson deserves credit yesterday, he was getting stick for not moving the ball quicker up the park, for not charging up with it but I think he does ok at that for a centre half who shouldn't have to do it, that's Spencer's job now so he's got to take control of that.

Credit you nesbitt as well who showed why he got the new contract when he came on, good balls in behind making us more threatening again and got a goal.