The Falkirk FC Thread

A really good performance outside the first 20 mins or so. We absolutely battered them second half. That referee Kirkland always seems to make one really bad and glaringly obvious mistake against us, he’s never the required standard to be a referee. McKay was only on the park 10 minutes when he assisted Burrell and got booked. I never want to see him in a falkirk top again. One thing no one mentioned was the change McGlynn made at HT. Moving Alfie into the 10 and Miller out wide. This mean Alfie could drop off, collect the ball, and run and the defence which they hated. Really liked that. Should easily have won this game, had it not been for a combination of bad luck, the referee and McKay. What makes the penalty even worse is that the lineman had his flag up to speak to Kirkland and he just blanked him. 

3 minutes ago, Hartleys18/19Army said:
At the end of the day if it was still the old ftv team that game would have been streamed. Very rarely did they miss a game but the new team are off to a shaky start. 

How do you know that? The equipment failed. It was the same equipment that was used by the old FTV team. 

6 minutes ago, Hartleys18/19Army said:
At the end of the day if it was still the old ftv team that game would have been streamed. Very rarely did they miss a game but the new team are off to a shaky start. 

Given they were using the ‘old FTV’ laptop, how do you work that one out?

6 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

A really good performance outside the first 20 mins or so. We absolutely battered them second half. That referee Kirkland always seems to make one really bad and glaringly obvious mistake against us, he’s never the required standard to be a referee. McKay was only on the park 10 minutes when he assisted Burrell and got booked. I never want to see him in a falkirk top again. One thing no one mentioned was the change McGlynn made at HT. Moving Alfie into the 10 and Miller out wide. This mean Alfie could drop off, collect the ball, and run and the defence which they hated. Really liked that. Should easily have won this game, had it not been for a combination of bad luck, the referee and McKay. What makes the penalty even worse is that the lineman had his flag up to speak to Kirkland and he just blanked him. 

Pretty much spot on. Had a neutral with us yesterday (Dandie fan) interesting to hear his thoughts. Basically thought our shape was good and our forward line very unlucky. Thought Spencer ran the show, with good support from Alfie & Morrison. 
Although he praised Lang, he thought we’re short from GK/CB to MF doesn’t rate Donaldson or Henderson! 

Just now, Springfield said:

Pretty much spot on. Had a neutral with us yesterday (Dandie fan) interesting to hear his thoughts. Basically thought our shape was good and our forward line very unlucky. Thought Spencer ran the show, with good support from Alfie & Morrison. 
Although he praised Lang, he thought we’re short from GK/CB to MF doesn’t rate Donaldson or Henderson! 

I thought, like most of the team Henderson had a great 2nd half 

Meant to mention re the switch from McGlynn. Started off with Aggyeman - Miller - Morrison and changed to Morrison - Aggyeman - Miller mid way through the first half. All 3 had much more joy and with Aggyeman in the middle we were easily winning the midfield battle with his physicality. Both Morrison and Miller were much more effective on their natural sides as well. Inverted wingers only really work if they have been coached from a young age to play there like Kennedy was. Hopefully we finally see Morrison back on the right from now on 

Ps where are the highlights? I want to tap those last minute scenes straight to my veins 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

That penalty is an absolute disgrace. The decision is bad enough, as it hits a cove arm and not ours, but the manner of it is the real problem. The ref is at the corner of the other side of the box, looking through around 14 bodies. The fact that he gives it should genuinely cause serious alarm bells, and I don’t say that lightly. He has ignored his lineman who has a clear view of it and who wanted to talk to the referee. The club has this footage and I’d hope there would be an email sent to question the process that went on there. 

38 minutes ago, Hartleys18/19Army said:

That's the story we have heard. Not to say its true. I'm  not bigging the old team up just saying I believe they would have got it on.

How can you "believe they would have got it on" if you don't even know what the actual problem with the laptop was? At this point you've been given all the facts but still believing your own made up version of events. The issue clearly has nothing to do with the new team who, by the way, are doing an excellent job imo. Away games aren't guaranteed with a FTV subscription and it's because of situations like hardware issues that happen sometimes at away games. 

Who needs opponents when you've got refs like that and Brad McKay eh.

On the very pleasing side we've scored 9 goals in our last 3 games I think and were unlucky not to have more.

Long looks like he's coming on as well, a couple of good saves again today after a shaky first couple of games.