The Falkirk FC Thread

8 hours ago, Mr Grimsdale said:

With respect McGlynn will know fine well what other clubs are paying better than yourself. Agents will tell him that. Good on him putting a bit of pressure on the Board to find the funds to add to, too small a squad. 

I doubt the board are going to suddenly find a wad of extra cash to give to him just because he's bleating about what others are spending.  He should maybe have been a bit more savvy when handing Nesbitt a two year deal when I doubt there was a queue for his services and maybe the details of the contracts when he signed Oliver and McGinn aswell as trying to move heaven and earth in the close season to somehow get shot of McKay. All Ifs and buts ofcourse. I wouldn't say the squad is too small it just doesn't have the strength in depth in terms of quality. 

3 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

I doubt the board are going to suddenly find a wad of extra cash to give to him just because he's bleating about what others are spending.  He should maybe have been a bit more savvy when handing Nesbitt a two year deal when I doubt there was a queue for his services and maybe the details of the contracts when he signed Oliver and McGinn aswell as trying to move heaven and earth in the close season to somehow get shot of McKay. All Ifs and buts ofcourse. I wouldn't say the squad is too small it just doesn't have the strength in depth in terms of quality. 

Did I not read McGinn and Oliver had options and we had no option? Jury out on Nesbitt, agreed. The squad is too small. We have 3 injuries already another two who went off last weekend. In terms of quality I disagree with you. The front 4, Spencer, Lang, Henderson for example would probably play in every other team in the league and you have Yeats developing well. Even Donaldson and Nesbitt are easily good enough when they are on form. Where do you think we dont have the quality? 

29 minutes ago, Mr Grimsdale said:

Did I not read McGinn and Oliver had options and we had no option? Jury out on Nesbitt, agreed. The squad is too small. We have 3 injuries already another two who went off last weekend. In terms of quality I disagree with you. The front 4, Spencer, Lang, Henderson for example would probably play in every other team in the league and you have Yeats developing well. Even Donaldson and Nesbitt are easily good enough when they are on form. Where do you think we dont have the quality? 

Mcglynn signed them to those contracts with the option in it. 

🎙️ The first 3 episodes of season 23/24 are available NOW at the link below:

It’s a FREE Saturday, so give us a listen if you haven’t yet…

EP:50 Da da da da da da MACIVER!
EP:49 49 HARD FOR TAM LANG
EP:48 GUESS WHO’S BACK

📺 🎧📱falkirkdaft.co.ukIMG_3914.thumb.jpeg.3e96f14e8449e0bce618cd87e8c53ff0.jpeg

1 hour ago, JulioBairn said:

I hate when we don’t have a game. Back to talking about sacking McGlynn and Oliver, McGinn and Nesbitts contracts. The go-to topics. We just need the website for the full house. 💤💤💤

Well since you mention it ... 😜 and thanks for your input 😉

Will be interesting to see the results today. Hamilton look favourites to keep their winning start going but Edinburgh City will be keen to get off the mark, especially at home.

Opportunity for QotS to leapfrog us in what I assume is a renewed derby for them against Annan.

Alloa and Kelty also able to put pressure on us and Stirling with the outcome. Although we're not playing will definitely be keeping an eye on our division today.

Edited by Blame Me

45 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

Well since you mention it ... 😜 and thanks for your input 😉

Will be interesting to see the results today. Hamilton look favourites to keep their winning start going but Edinburgh City will be keen to get off the mark, especially at home.

Opportunity for QotS to leapfrog us in what I assume is a renewed derby for them against Annan.

Alloa and Kelty also able to put pressure on us and Stirling with the outcome. Although we're not playing will definitely be keeping an eye on our division today.

If Hamilton pull further ahead or Queen of the South overtake us today, McGlynn should be sacked immediately!

Players at teams like forest green down south will be getting paid  more than some players at the likes of Livingston never mind league one. Loan signing costs are always difficult to quantify as it depends on how much of the wages they are paying. . Guys on the fringes of playing in the top flight get paid a fortune these days. Logan Chalmers I see has gone back to Ayr.  Now i don't know ayrs wage structure but I doubt they'd be able to afford even half his wage more likely a quarter to a third. The boy Tait will.be on a decent wad at Hibs.

Edited by Shodwall cat

2 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

If Hamilton pull further ahead or Queen of the South overtake us today, McGlynn should be sacked immediately!

To be honest, we should sack McGlynn because of the Shire’s defeat to Berwick Rangers at The Falkirk Stadium, because……ermmm….we should….and….you know…..aye, that’s why.

Apologies to those who didn’t get the sarcasm 😀

On 18/08/2023 at 12:23, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Having now seen it from both angles I still think Yeats had headed that rather than punched it away, even though his arm was up. Literally no one appeals for it either 

Would help if Cove didn't film their highlights with a potato. Either that or some of Hartley's grease has been smeared over the lens.

If it has come off his arm it's in the ridiculously soft category, where Kirkland conveniently didn't award a penalty for very similar claim we had later in the game

I agree I've watched it 6 or 7 times and can't tell whether he's headed it or its hit his hand.. The ball moves more as if it was headed to me. He would needed to have proper punched it with a closed fist to get it to move that cleanly which would be incredibly stupid.

6 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

I agree I've watched it 6 or 7 times and can't tell whether he's headed it or its hit his hand.. The ball moves more as if it was headed to me. He would needed to have proper punched it with a closed fist to get it to move that cleanly which would be incredibly stupid.

Got to admit was initially 100% not a penalty. Watched it a few times more and absolutely not sure. A CR fan I know well, said from his viewpoint it’s never a penalty. Think it’s time to move on. 

44 minutes ago, Taxi for De Massis said:

To be honest, we should sack McGlynn because of the Shire’s defeat to Berwick Rangers at The Falkirk Stadium, because……ermmm….we should….and….you know…..aye, that’s why.

Apologies to those who didn’t get the sarcasm 😀

He should really be sacked because he has got us into a situation where our league position could be greatly reduced by results today  Not good enough. Sack him and that Chairman 

No point looking at the league table at the moment but one thing I would say is; does anybody think we’re capable of going away to Edinburgh or Montrose and winning easily by 2 or 3 goals. I can’t see it and that’s worrying for me.

21 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

No point looking at the league table at the moment but one thing I would say is; does anybody think we’re capable of going away to Edinburgh or Montrose and winning easily by 2 or 3 goals. I can’t see it and that’s worrying for me.

We beat Edinburgh 3 zip last season at their hovel so no reason why we couldn't do it again. Montrose  have now lost at home without scoring a goal to both cove and kelty hearts so no reason again why we can't win up there comfortably this season. The 3 points is the most important thing anyway. Away from home a win in any manner does me.

23 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

It will all come out in the wash. We brushed aside Annan after a couple of scares, but they haven’t troubled anyone else either.

We have reverted to type where a draw at a seriously weakened Cove is seen as a good result, and that’s become familiar territory for us.

I fully expect us to beat SA on Tuesday. If we don’t then the pressure will start to rise really quickly. A table showing us 4 or 5 points adrift after 3 games would not be a good look, but as I say, I expect Hamilton’s lead to be back down to 2 points come Tuesday night.