The Falkirk FC Thread

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

The issue I have with isolated losses here and there that don't look too bad is that I think everyone including McGlynn say and acknowledge that thus is the season we need to win it, and he's in his second season of a 2 year plan, so there isn't really too many excuses for these losses nor a claim that its OK cos squad building or gelling or whatever. 

We are clear in our goal. Its to be champions. Whoever becomes champions won't lose many home games. They in fact, might not lose any. 

Yeh, that’s a big difference. McGinn in the paper before the first game saying we need to win our home matches and McGlynn pre Annan bigging up their chances. I’m not saying he should be disrespectful but much rather he would speak positively about playing to our strengths and winning than saying how tough a home game against Annan will be. 

1 minute ago, Van_damage said:

Yeh, that’s a big difference. McGinn in the paper before the first game saying we need to win our home matches and McGlynn pre Annan bigging up their chances. I’m not saying he should be disrespectful but much rather he would speak positively about playing to our strengths and winning than saying how tough a home game against Annan will be. 

I somewhat have faith in the way McGlynn talks up smaller sides. The way we handled the circus of Darvel gave me confidence. It's the higher up teams....

7 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I somewhat have faith in the way McGlynn talks up smaller sides. The way we handled the circus of Darvel gave me confidence. It's the higher up teams....

Yeh to be fair, he handled the Darvel game tremendously. You could tell all the attention irked him. If he took that in to every game we’d be in no danger at all. 

2 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Any manager that says we are the business and all the rest of the league are cannon fodder is setting themselves and their team under massive pressure so that wont happen

Noone is asking him to do that. Just be a bit more positive rather than play down our chances of winning. 

3 hours ago, Van_damage said:

Agree but I don’t think we will win any leagues leaving the back door wide open. The part time teams are capable of setting up to be hard to beat and bet on converting a couple of lucky chances to get something from the game. 

3  or 4 up front at times in the first half - great play and point made I think !!