The Falkirk FC Thread

9 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

Steady, good win and performance tonight but the remit for McGlynn is quite clear and I won’t be admitting anything until he’s achieved what he’s here to do.

I'm talking about McIvor, not McGlynn.

13 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

Steady, good win and performance tonight but the remit for McGlynn is quite clear and I won’t be admitting anything until he’s achieved what he’s here to do.

Correct. These are bread and butter wins in terms of expectations this season. If anything, the very odd “bad day at the office” against a lower team and winning our crunch six pointers is what really matters.

Edited by Numbers_One_To_Eleven

2 minutes ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

Correct. These are bread and butter wins in terms of expectations this season. If anything, the very odd “bad day at the office” against a lower team and winning our crunch six pointers is what really matters.

The poster was referring to the McIver signing in particular, not John McGlynn.

37 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

We absolutely need to wrap Spencer in cotton wool though, god forbid he gets injured. 

Tonight is the perfect role for McGinn to play, 60/65 mins in get Spencer off and save his legs. He’s a class above at this level. 

It was good to see the youngsters on the bench and Honeyman getting a few minutes. Does anybody know what's happening with Pearse Carroll though? He seems to appear on the bench one week then disappear the next. Is he carrying a recurring injury maybe? Tonight would have been the ideal opportunity to give him some game time.

48 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Very good performance, slowed a bit in the 2nd half, but that was understandable. 

I thought Long (although he didn't have much to do), Donaldson, Spencer and Miller were outstanding, a cut above really. The rest were just very good, including the subs who all played their parts.

Echo the thoughts re McIvor, he's proving to be a very good addition, not just for his goals but his general play and contribution. As I've said, McGlynn can spot a player, so maybe those that wrote him off should be eating some humble pie and admit that they got it wrong?

I'll hold my hands up I thought he was a poor signing given his goals record. But the boy looks a decent player and we seem to be playing to his strengths. He reminds me a bit of Brian Graham, bit to go yet there though. 

2 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

I'll hold my hands up I thought he was a poor signing given his goals record. But the boy looks a decent player and we seem to be playing to his strengths. He reminds me a bit of Brian Graham, bit to go yet there though. 

Fair do's. 

1 minute ago, Nkomo-A-Gogo said:

I seen Agyeman during the week being described as infuriating as oposed to the usual frustrating.

Can this be knocked on the head as he is giving it all and i fuckin love him. When you think of whats gone before.....

Can we agree on 'unpredictable'?

Outstanding first half and best we’ve played so far. Could’ve and should’ve been 4 or 5 up by halftime by my count. A wonder double save from Sam Long had me on my feet in the KM7👏🏻 Great Spencer is off the mark and deserved, he’s a class act. Miller was good on the left, as was Coll at the back. No failures tonight and the team seemed to click. MacIver showing why he’s so crucial upfront. Strong, good in the air, links play and scores goals - he’ll be among the first names on the team sheet every week. 👍🏻 Three goals, clean sheet, up to 2nd and good momentum. ⚽

ps- Special mention to the ultras. I had my doubts but they had the place rocking. The noise rippled right across the KM7, folk joined in and sounded great. Good job! 👍🏻👏🏻

Edited by GunnerBairn

4 hours ago, printer said:

I see he's getting a few goals, but how is his general play?

MacIver’s the unexpected find of our new signings I’d say. Strong, good link up, flick ons, and throws himself at the ball to get goals. As been mentioned, he’s clever with his play too. The move to full time training, by his own admission, has benefitted him and we’re certainly reaping the rewards. Long may it continue. 👏🏻

7 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Brad McKay not even on the bench, I doubt the Saudi clubs must be getting ready for a bid.

I'd like to guess he is getting the you won't play find yourself a club.

4 hours ago, Sarcastic Bairn said:

Exactly, too many on here were negative because we drew up there, if they had been there they would have seen a similar team performance without a Brad arse up.

I wanted him away after Airdrie, but he's got us playing some good stuff so far this eason, hope it continues.

By no means sticking up for Brad, don't think any Falkirk fan would or could......but it was 1-1 at the fuk up

3 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

We absolutely need to wrap Spencer in cotton wool though, god forbid he gets injured. 

This is where McGinn can come in, if it's starting some games or coming on. I don't think the two should start together unless suspension or injuries make it a requirement.

2 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

I never ever judge a player until they grace the navy blue, I've seen many a player destroy us and sign for us and be dug shite. 

Brian Graham in his early days against us looked like a lanky piece of shit, he did for sure kick on.... hopefully similar happens. I don't think Alloa used him like we are currently....I'm only speaking on what I've seen against us and highlights of him.

I only really seen first 45 fully.... I flirted in out of 2nd half but game was over in first half. I thought Stirling passed the ball neatly but apart from a few scares Donaldson and Lang killed any threat.

The same starting 11 Saturday please

4 hours ago, Nkomo-A-Gogo said:

I seen Agyeman during the week being described as infuriating as oposed to the usual frustrating.

Can this be knocked on the head as he is giving it all and i fuckin love him. When you think of whats gone before.....

I said to my pals I thought Agyeman looked a different player last night. First few games I saw him he did look a bit frustrating,  as he was trying to take on players when the pass was the better option but last night he was making passes and taking players on at the right time. To me it looked like the management team have maybe been working on him.

He’s a player I love watching too.

One of the best opening 45s since moving to Westfield. Strong, decisive and some sublime passing/finishing. The attitude, application and awareness was excellent. A professional performance and special praise for Long, Lang, Spencer, Miller. We’ve set the bar and this is what we should be producing every game. 

2 hours ago, Springfield said:

One of the best opening 45s since moving to Westfield. Strong, decisive and some sublime passing/finishing. The attitude, application and awareness was excellent. A professional performance and special praise for Long, Lang, Spencer, Miller. We’ve set the bar and this is what we should be producing every game. 

👍