The Falkirk FC Thread

3 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Not any obvious ones. Tonight did however hammer home how much we'd be fucked if MacIver got injured as Allan was non existent up there on his own.

That’s why I said earlier that if there is any cash to bring in a loan player it would be another front man for me. Allan is fine and can do a job off the bench but not as a lone striker from the start.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

Allan would probably be fine up front if he was the same size as MacIver. He's very much in the stoic John Baird stature which is fine if we play big man wee man up front. McGlynn won't do that as long as his arse is facing south so any striker we do bring in has to be very similar style to MacIver. Great result tonight in a cup I wasn't to arsed about tbh. And injury free hopefully. 

7 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

That’s why I said earlier that if there is any cash to bring in a loan player it would be another front man for me. Allan is fine and can do a job off the bench but not as a lone striker from the start.

Sorry I don’t get the Allan is fine bit at all . Tonight he was our worst player. He suits a team who sit in & play on the break but for us he’s been v poor in almost every game he’s played.Yes he snatched a late goal at Cove but I’m sorry I just don’t see that he offers much !

3 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

Sorry I don’t get the Allan is fine bit at all . Tonight he was our worst player. He suits a team who sit in & play on the break but for us he’s been v poor in almost every game he’s played.Yes he snatched a late goal at Cove but I’m sorry I just don’t see that he offers much !

Snatching goals is what strikers like him do. He needs a partner who does the things he cant. 

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Snatching goals is what strikers like him do. He needs a partner who does the things he cant. 

Allan doesn’t suit how we currently play he can’t play up top himself but happy to have him on the bench as an option when either a games won and can rest Maciver or we need to snatch a goal ( like he did at cove)

Nearly 400 fans make the travel to Ayr on a Tuesday night for a cup tie nobody including McGlynn gave a sh*t about winning, we make 4 changes to our preferred first 11 to give our fringe players some game time and we put on two young boys for the final 25 minutes yet still win 1-0 against a team from the league above? 

We really are MASSIVE 

Seem to recall Allan going to Wolves from Airdrie when he was 16 or something.. highly rated, didn't settle then back up the road? So the potential is there, comes a point though when it's no longer potential and you need to start firing. Flip side being if the manager/system doesn't suit your not going to get much joy. Its probably frustrating for him as much as anything. He probably backed himself to get 20 goals last season after getting 10 for Clyde before he signed for us. 

38 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

I think it’s very hard to criticise a player who is being asked to do a job he clearly isn’t cut out to do. He gets bits and pieces of game time here and there and never ever gets the chance to play up top in a two, which begs the question why did McGlynn bring him in. I will however say that if you give him a chance in our current squad he is the most likely to hit the target. I think he is fine coming off the bench to see out a game or to bring him on if you are chasing an equaliser but don’t try to make him something he isn’t. We are never in a month of Sundays going to have 3/4 quality strikers on our books in the third tier of Scottish football. All about opinions though.