The Falkirk FC Thread

16 minutes ago, 60`s bairn said:

"Honeyman with a goal and assist for the Shire at the weekend"

I might be wrong but I think the guy he assisted (Luke Rankin?)was in the U18 team with him a couple of seasons back..

AV6K8004.JPG

He was.

Luke was a prolific goalscorer and a decent player for our youth teams. At the time he became too old for the U18s there was nothing in place at FFC for him to progress further like we have now. I remember his dad having a real go at the club and the setup on one of the FB pages at the time. He subsequently signed for Alloa. No idea whether he's still there and out on loan, or has been released. 

2 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

He was.

Luke was a prolific goalscorer and a decent player for our youth teams. At the time he became too old for the U18s there was nothing in place at FFC for him to progress further like we have now. I remember his dad having a real go at the club and the setup on one of the FB pages at the time. He subsequently signed for Alloa. No idea whether he's still there and out on loan, or has been released. 

Luke is still contracted to Alloa but is on loan to east Stirling currently 

45 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

He was.

I think I remember asking you about him as that story`s familiar.

3 hours ago, Balde Bairn said:

Unfortunately McGregor can’t get near even thinking about playing for the club in his home town. He has to settle with part-time football 😊

Hometown ? Oh that’s right the stadium is in Grangemouth 😉I’m sure if you asked him he’d knock yous back again 🤣

19 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

That’s the club confirmed the Dundee Utd cup tie will be live on Alba on Friday 17th November.

The same night as the Fortress Brockville event which is a right pain in the arse as I wont be able to make it to the supposed rearranged date of the 24th 

32 minutes ago, #GSC said:

Hometown ? Oh that’s right the stadium is in Grangemouth 😉I’m sure if you asked him he’d knock yous back again 🤣

He never has or will have Falkirk making him an offer, he just has to take pride on sharing a pitch with Falkirk players a few times this season 😉

9 minutes ago, Balde Bairn said:

He never has or will have Falkirk making him an offer, he just has to take pride on sharing a pitch with Falkirk players a few times this season 😉

You know this for sure do you ? You his agent 😂

24 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Would've been far more sensible for us to play our challenge cup tie the weekend of the 24/25/26 and thus keep our Montrose away tie in place on Saturday 18th. 

The 25th is Scottish cup weekend for us so it’s not free. It’s a complete joke this trust trophy takes precedence over a league match but to be fair they couldn’t have moved it to that weekend. 

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

I wouldn’t be surprised that the change of date, will impact the numbers.

It may even itself out tbh as a lot weren’t committing to the 17th due to the international games. Personally have about half a dozen mates who can now go to the new date. Shame it’s having to be moved though absolutely. 

33 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

It may even itself out tbh as a lot weren’t committing to the 17th due to the international games. Personally have about half a dozen mates who can now go to the new date. Shame it’s having to be moved though absolutely. 

Hope this is the case. Club needs every £.

1 hour ago, bairn88 said:

The 25th is Scottish cup weekend for us so it’s not free. It’s a complete joke this trust trophy takes precedence over a league match but to be fair they couldn’t have moved it to that weekend. 

I forgot about us being that far down the chain we end up playing in that round.

Guest FFC1965

Got my tickets for Saturday's game.  Son in law is up from Liverpool so the two of us will be in the KM stand. 

He has a 100% record watching us (P1 W1) so I'm hoping he continues as the lucky mascot. 

Fair looking forward to it and its only Monday.