The Falkirk FC Thread

31 minutes ago, Mr Grimsdale said:

Can prove it isn’t? If not stop scaremongering. 

You haven't substantiated or indicated how you come to know that there is a time limit. 

But in the spirit of the discussion.... I'll try my best to explain where I am coming from !

From the Ordinary Resolution, the exact words are :-  "(ii) to grant to the Rawlins an option to to subscribe for further new ordinary shares in the capital of the Company at a subscription price of 50p per share up to such number of shares as represents a 45% shareholding"

There is absolutely no mention of any time limit for them to exercise this. 

By that token....it's now up to you to prove that there was a time limit !!!!   I am happy to be proven wrong

18 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

You haven't substantiated or indicated how you come to know that there is a time limit. 

But in the spirit of the discussion.... I'll try my best to explain where I am coming from !

From the Ordinary Resolution, the exact words are :-  "(ii) to grant to the Rawlins an option to to subscribe for further new ordinary shares in the capital of the Company at a subscription price of 50p per share up to such number of shares as represents a 45% shareholding"

There is absolutely no mention of any time limit for them to exercise this. 

By that token....it's now up to you to prove that there was a time limit !!!!   I am happy to be proven wrong

This was discussed at one of the AGM’s, the Rawlins had until December that year to exercise they’re option of buying more shares. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

OUT NOW👇🏼

🆕🎙️EP:61 HALF MILE HIGH CLUB

🔵 Review the win over Edinburgh with our guest @rawding26 🏰
⚪️ Grab a pic with the Brockville gate at Fortress Brockville event 📸
🔵 Falkirk Supporters Society Monthly draw 🎟️
⚪️ Preview Dundee Utd (H)🍊
🔵 FD Comp winners announced 👏🏻
⚪️ FFC on tour stories 👀

📺🎧📱falkirkdaft.co.uk 

IMG_5863.thumb.jpeg.91f18187d87b8f41bfd8fc3cb826ca66.jpeg

3 hours ago, Forever_Blue_ said:

I subscribe to the new Falkirk tv and the only positive I have about it is the new guy on commentary duties. I don't want to be overly critical because I appreciate we're currently in a Diddy league and they probably don't want to spend too much on it, but it certainly feels like the old Falkirk TV was more reliable, better angles, better replays and also occasionally they had some pre match stuff going on. 

I also subscribe despite having a season ticket because I live far away so often don't get to many games. The only thing I could agree with is the replays, but honestly don't know what the fuss is about regarding that. If you're at the game you don't get replays and have to wait for the highlights. I have had no issues with reliability other than the games in the first few weeks that were not broadcast at all. Maybe you should take a look at your own WiFi coverage if you're having issues. Likewise with the angles, you've just ignored entirely what I said. It's impossible that the camera angles are worse because it's THE SAME PERSON and SAME CAMERA which has been said a couple of times here and possibly the COYB page if I remember correctly. So it's nothing to do with new FTV being worse or in relation to the pay as you are hinting at. Also Aidan nesbitt was literally on as a prematch talk and as a commentator the other week. 

Edited by Jimmy1876

3 minutes ago, Jimmy1876 said:

I also subscribe despite having a season ticket because I live far away so often don't get to many games. The only thing I could agree with is the replays, but honestly don't know what the fuss is about regarding that. If you're at the game you don't get replays and have to wait for the highlights. I have had no issues with reliability other than the games in the first few weeks that were not broadcast at all. Maybe you should take a look at your own WiFi coverage if you're having issues. Likewise with the angles, you've just ignored entirely what I said. It's impossible that the camera angles are worse because it's THE SAME PERSON and SAME CAMERA which has been said a couple of times here and possibly the COYB page if I remember correctly. So it's nothing to do with new FTV being worse or in relation to the pay as you are hinting at. Also Aidan nesbitt was literally on as a prematch talk and as a commentator the other week. 

Think the camera person is new this season although not 100% sure of that 

Just now, Mr Grimsdale said:

Think the camera person is new this season although not 100% sure of that 

I am sure it's been said here by Bainsford Bairn that the camera and operators were the same, maybe he can help? If I'm wrong fair enough and will take that back! 

2 hours ago, Mr Grimsdale said:

I remember clearly at the time Gary Deans, at a virtual AGM, say they had until the end of that year to take up that option. 
You are a Patron? Why not ask the board to get it clarified rather than scaremongering on here to suit the agenda you and your compadres have been peddling. 

I'm a Patron?.....I have compadres ? ...... I have an agenda ?. I'm not going to get involved in personal digs here, but there is a bit of pot, kettle, black. 

I reiterate, "There is absolutely no mention of any time limit for them to exercise this."  

As far as I am aware the resolution states clearly what the Rawlins position is. No time limit was included in the resolution. If that has changed then the resolution has been changed, which I believe it hasn't, since it would probably need shareholder approval.

You asked me to prove that there is no time limit. I have quoted verbatim the resolution that was passed by shareholders.  If you think otherwise, prove me wrong rather than quotes from Deans et al. 

As an aside.... it's "past" and not "passed" (see your post). Someone who used to post on here made that mistake on more that one occasion :)  Edited to add - That person was also a big fan of Norman Wisdom :) . Helluva coincidence ?

Edited by Zbairn

17 minutes ago, Jimmy1876 said:

I'd be Interested to hear from Lewis on it being the same person and the same camera. My understanding is they put a proposal forward to continue and the club chose the new crew instead. Not looking to start a disagreement just staying my opinion is I preferred the old setup. My issue with the replays is that I've always been used to Falkirk tv having replays and now they don't, so I get your point but i see it as a downgrade on what was on offer. I'm also sure one of the guys said the camera was now controlled by an xbox controller from a few rows down? 

1 minute ago, Forever_Blue_ said:

I'd be Interested to hear from Lewis on it being the same person and the same camera. My understanding is they put a proposal forward to continue and the club chose the new crew instead. Not looking to start a disagreement just staying my opinion is I preferred the old setup. My issue with the replays is that I've always been used to Falkirk tv having replays and now they don't, so I get your point but i see it as a downgrade on what was on offer. I'm also sure one of the guys said the camera was now controlled by an xbox controller from a few rows down? 

I've no idea of any proposals or any of that and truly am not really interested - I would trust the current board to make the right choice and think hiring a company who does queens, airdrie, dunfermline, ICT and few more that I can't remember is a pretty reasonable, tried and tested thing to do. My main comments were regarding this quite constant narrative on downgrade in quality which having watched around 70% of the games on FTV this season and probably more than that last season and those before I just don't really see other than the replays. So to me it really does just seem strange and a way to pit the old team against the new team. Considering these are both two dedicated volunteer teams it just irks me that this seems to be the case. Maybe I just have good WiFi I don't know but the camera quality has been the same for me and I really am sure someone has said the camera is the same although I am now doubting if I am misremembering about the operator. 

1 minute ago, Jimmy1876 said:

I've no idea of any proposals or any of that and truly am not really interested - I would trust the current board to make the right choice and think hiring a company who does queens, airdrie, dunfermline, ICT and few more that I can't remember is a pretty reasonable, tried and tested thing to do. My main comments were regarding this quite constant narrative on downgrade in quality which having watched around 70% of the games on FTV this season and probably more than that last season and those before I just don't really see other than the replays. So to me it really does just seem strange and a way to pit the old team against the new team. Considering these are both two dedicated volunteer teams it just irks me that this seems to be the case. Maybe I just have good WiFi I don't know but the camera quality has been the same for me and I really am sure someone has said the camera is the same although I am now doubting if I am misremembering about the operator. 

At no point am I trying to pit the old regime against the new? I just said the new guys have a lot to learn, I'm sure/hope they will. The original comment was about cameras behind the goals which the old guys used to have, I also said they occasionally had a second camera in the KM7 stand. AND the big thing for me was the goal replays, clearly you don't like goal replays but for someone who has a 7 and 9 Yr old the replays are/were really helpful. 👌 

37 minutes ago, Jimmy1876 said:

I am sure it's been said here by Bainsford Bairn that the camera and operators were the same, maybe he can help? If I'm wrong fair enough and will take that back! 

The camera used to be operated by one of the media officers. He still does it occasionally if the volunteer who was recruited in the summer isn't available on a given matchday. 

The thing about the camera being controlled remotely is how Alloa do it as those comments came from their media guy posting on our thread.

(apologies as I'm not replying to the right person as I think that came from someone else). 

Don't know anything about replays but I'll mention it next time I'm in.  

I don't think there has been a camera or operator behind the goals for a number of years now, though I'm willing to be corrected on that. 

Just now, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

Other than the teething issues from the new streaming provider the only difference I've noticed from FTV is the improvement in commentary. That's not a slight on Lewis btw, but Sean genuinely has the ability (and I believe the ambition) to actually forge a career in that role.

The teething issues ironically had nothing to do with the new streaming provider. Jamie tweeted at some point that it was a hardware issue. 

There's a very long story about laptops which I'd rather not go into, which is why the only issues were at away games. 

5 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

The camera used to be operated by one of the media officers. He still does it occasionally if the volunteer who was recruited in the summer isn't available on a given matchday. 

The thing about the camera being controlled remotely is how Alloa do it as those comments came from their media guy posting on our thread.

(apologies as I'm not replying to the right person as I think that came from someone else). 

Don't know anything about replays but I'll mention it next time I'm in.  

I don't think there has been a camera or operator behind the goals for a number of years now, though I'm willing to be corrected on that. 

Thanks BB. I was certain they had a go pro or something similar recording from behind the net at one point. I must stress I still pay for the service regardless of the replays. If they could add goal replays that would really solve my main gripe. The behind the goals camera would also be good but it's not exactly essentially. 

10 minutes ago, Forever_Blue_ said:

Thanks BB. I was certain they had a go pro or something similar recording from behind the net at one point. I must stress I still pay for the service regardless of the replays. If they could add goal replays that would really solve my main gripe. The behind the goals camera would also be good but it's not exactly essentially. 

I've watched most of the games on FFCTV this season and there has been replays for both of the last two matches after not having them for a number of weeks, hopefully just an issue they have sorted. 

Just now, Forever_Blue_ said:

I remember those gopros, just as I remember the camera operator at the top of the KM stand. I'm pretty sure the camera position on a raised plinth surrounded by a small scaffold is still there as at the back centre of the KM7 stand. 

I'm sure they could improve the quality by buying more cameras / gopros, but right now while we're in the third tier I'd guess there other demands on the budget which are deemed more important. Club staff do read this messageboard so at some point that might be taken on board. I'll raise the replay one for you. 

Re the Edinburgh highlights, I have no idea how they do it. They even had a remote camera monitoring their own dugout on Saturday. I'm guessing they may have a tieup with a university media department as it was more professional than I'd have expected from a club who brought 37 fans to TFS. We certainly don't have the kit for that. 

There are always ways to improve. Sadly most of them cost money and the club isn't exactly rich at the moment. 

On that subject, I'm going to push my luck and raise something here. I spend my Sundays with our womens team. They're amateurs and have to fundraise to get money for things like pitch hire, travel, pay referees, etc, etc. The coaches are trying to make them more professional and did well recently to find the cash to get all our players equipped with GPS vests. 

The next "wish list" item is one of these. 

Veo Sports Camera

If there are any Falkirk fans who run a business and have spare cash in their sponsorship budget, I'm sure our coaches would love to hear from you. Feel free to message me on here or speak to me in person at a game.